Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

"Pattaya Meals" cooking and delivery service

Wow, that looks like a really good deal. Best food tip I've seen on an Internet board in a long while. I anticipate using them a lot in the coming hot and rainy months. Many thanks!

Evil

:devil

Just looked at their menu and I must say it all looks really tasty and their prices are very reasonable. Hopefully they will soon be adding East Pattaya to their delivery area. I'd be more than happy to tip the delivery person to bring it to my house here on the dark side.

CB

I tried Pattaya Meals on Tuesday afternoon. We ordered five dishes for three people, with four to be shared among us as a late lunch and one to be taken home by a guest as his supper. Total cost was 820 baht (no tip no delivery change as per PattayaMeals.com. I placed the order at 2.35 pm and it was delivered at 3.25 pm.

The food was delicious and arrived hot. i won't hesitate to order from them again.

#2 Chicken cutlet Parmigiana 165 baht

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

#5 Caesar Salad with shrimp 180 baht
IMG_0058.jpg
Untitled-2.gif
IMG_0057.jpg
#15 Pepper and garlic chicken 150 baht
IMG_0040.gif
#26 Bacon carbonara Pasta (fettuccini) 175 baht
IMG_0048.jpg
IMG_0049.jpg
#24 Salmon with corn relish 150 baht
]
IMG_0046.gif
IMG_6067.gif
Untitled-1.gif
Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 2
  • 3 years later...

I have ordered dozens of times from Pattaya Meals since MM's post back in 2016.   However, I noticed this post on Pattaya Meal's Facebook page when I tried to order recently:

"Pattaya Meals
November 10 at 1:49 PM · 
Due to gross misconduct, theft, scams and a variety of other scumbag actions Pattaya Meals is done. It's a real shame that the hard work of the original owners (who gave the business to this individual on a payment plan) has gone to waste and they've been left owed a large sum of money by the individual in question. It's also abhorrent the manner in which this individual treated the landlords building - inflicting large amounts of damage to both hard fixtures and soft furnishings.

This Facebook page will be closed down as the business has been also.

It is a testament to the kindness and support of the Pattaya community to business owners that it managed to last as long as it did."

sadaa.jpg.98cfec998aa66cd16ee445f4fb511bfa.jpg Sad, sad news and an ignominious end for what was originally a small, family-owned Thai business that provided excellent meals and service at low prices.  I did notice a farang had joined the PM team in 2019 and big changes were made, not always for the better.  Both service and the quality of the food started to slip.  I ordered from PM less and less frequently and stopped entirely in September, but decided to give them another try when I saw the above FB post.

Does anyone know what the story was?  I've heard (in a face-to-face conversation, not on the Internet) a version that at least sounds plausible.  If it's true, then a hard-working Thai family really got messed over by several farang acting in concert.  Here I'm going to be pro-active and remind everyone not to name individuals in public posts because of Thailand's strict laws on defamation.

But I would appreciate it very much if anyone who knows the details could send me a private message.  Thanks in advance.

Evil

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I read on another board that the full story of what happened with Pattaya Meals, including the name of the farang scammer, has appeared on the Breakfast Club Pattaya Facebook group.  I'm not a member there, so I can't  check it out.  But if any BM who is a member would care to PM me the info, I would appreciate it much.  I know Frosty is also interested in this case, so you could message him if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.

Evil

• Like 1

I read that Grab Food has gone on strike....... people will have to get out of their condos!

Pattaya Grab Food drivers strike over wage cuts, long hours.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-grab-food-drivers-strike-over-wage-cuts-long-hours-277132

3 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I read on another board that the full story of what happened with Pattaya Meals, including the name of the farang scammer, has appeared on the Breakfast Club Pattaya Facebook group.  I'm not a member there, so I can't  check it out.  But if any BM who is a member would care to PM me the info, I would appreciate it much.  I know Frosty is also interested in this case, so you could message him if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.

Evil

If it's there, it's not posted on the relevant thread.