Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

To our uneducated friends across the pond who are unacustomed to this culinary delight?

It is the 75th Anniversay of that wonderfull food called SPAM.

I still like Spam and Mustard Pickle or Picallilli sandwiches, having been brought up on the stuff.

My Thai wife wont go near it and my daughter thinks it is meat of the devil, but I dont care.

Spam is great !!

Happy Birthday Spam.

https://www.facebook.com/spambrand/posts/448085535224229

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(food)

Edited by Goldpanner
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spam is quite popular in Hawaii where according to your Wikipedia article, Hawaii residents have the highest per capita consumption of spam in the US. In Hawaii, you can get spam & eggs at McDona

Corned beef hash.....Mmmmmmmmm

Is talking about Corned beef spamming the spam thread?

Posted Images

Batterd spam eye

A chunk of battered spam with a hole cut in the middle and an egg yolk dropped in then fry the lot.

Fried battered spam dripping in grease, and they say British cuisine is lacking!

Fried battered spam dripping in grease, and they say British cuisine is lacking!

Okay, I'll admit it, you improved on an American invention.

Spam is quite popular in Hawaii where according to your Wikipedia article, Hawaii residents have the highest per capita consumption of spam in the US. In Hawaii, you can get spam & eggs at McDonald’s and Burger King. Spam musubi is a popular native dish where cooked spam is placed atop rice and wrapped in a band of seaweed. Watch out since spam is so popular there, its often referred to as “The Hawaiian Steak.”

• Upvote 2

Last time I actually had spam was probably in a McDonalds in Guam.

Batterd spam eye

A chunk of battered spam with a hole cut in the middle and an egg yolk dropped in then fry the lot.

Perfect for shoe liners on those cold winter mornings' walk to school..

Happy 75th!!

When in Hawaii, in the mornings after my gym workout, i love getting Spam Musubi wrapped in Nori (seaweed) from the nearby 7-11. Of course, the best ones are sold in the specialty shops where there is a line out the door. Not the healthiest, but moderation in all tasty things :P (donuts, frappes, steaks, fried fish, etc..).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_musubi#/media/File:Homemade_Spam_Musubi.jpg

P.S. To make them a little healthier, I now prefer those made with brown rice :D.

Edited by losgrad

Delicious but only the Spam you get in the UK.

Ive bought Spam here in Thailand and its awful,im assuming its imported from US.

Its just altogether a different product.

UK site acknowledging the US lineage of spam. http://www.spam-uk.com/history/

Not a direct answer as to where spam marketed in Thailand might originate, but it seems spam is very big in South Korea where it is produced locally. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-24140705

I hate spam. Then there is the less than delicious food product of the same name.

Why not try the spam, baked beans, sausages and spam? It's not got much spam in it.

Why not try the spam, baked beans, sausages and spam? It's not got much spam in it.

I am not a great lover of cheese but give me a pizza loaded with toppings and I can eat until I'm stuffed. So yes, your idea has merit.

I am not a great lover of cheese but give me a pizza loaded with toppings and I can eat until I'm stuffed. So yes, your idea has merit.

A little fermented curd will do the trick...

Red Leicester ?

Tilsit?

Caerphilly?

Stilton?

Emmental?

Edited by Bullfrog

All this has gone over your head again hasn't it....????

#5 should put you on track...

:allright

No, the smell of blue Stilton Cheese might make me hurl. Other cheeses might also. Just the thought of it makes me uncomfortable. Tilsit is where my mom was from. Not a fan. Cheddar is horrible. That I recognize as Red Leicester, if not mistaken.

About all I can handle are mild Italian cheeses.

But this is about Spam and not cheese.

That M.P. bit is not among their best.

No, the smell of blue Stilton Cheese might make me hurl. Other cheeses might also. Just the thought of it makes me uncomfortable. Tilsit is where my mom was from. Not a fan. Cheddar is horrible. That I recognize as Red Leicester, if not mistaken.

About all I can handle are mild Italian cheeses.

But this is about Spam and not cheese.

That M.P. bit is not among their best.

I want to give you a man hug....

A little fermented curd will do the trick...

Red Leicester ?

Tilsit?

Caerphilly?

Stilton?

Emmental?

Cheddar? Have you got cheddar? It's the most popular cheese in the world.