Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

For those that have gone electric, PEA has charging stations on Tai

I am wondering if Shell will provide one that cleverly starts charging from 25KWh....

• Haha 2
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

What I've been calling Nirun Market will be another stop to eat place as confirmed by the Thai workers this morning. Food stalls under the canopy tents and eating area in the center.

P6220008.jpg

• Like 1
17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

What I've been calling Nirun Market will be another stop to eat place as confirmed by the Thai workers this morning. Food stalls under the canopy tents and eating area in the center.

Have to wonder where the market is for this in this area..... I had heard the similar venture on the old Excite disco land was not doing so well. 

1 hour ago, jacko said:

Have to wonder where the market is for this in this area..... I had heard the similar venture on the old Excite disco land was not doing so well. 

I was wondering the same. About 90% of the market stalls directly across from these new ones are sitting empty, and the few that are open I rarely see any customers in.

Friendship has a new mascot
P6230007.jpg

I made the mistake of showing my lady the DIY trellis and she wants me to build one for her garden.
P6230002.jpg

• Like 1
16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I made the mistake of showing my lady the DIY trellis and she wants me to build one for her garden.

I am all in favour of giving the lady an inexpensive hobby or diversion.......beats shopping for designer clothes!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I like the bar name...
P7060005.jpg

P7060003.jpg

This sign also caught my eye on my last trip but the venue was closed and I believe for sale - looks like it is open again?

12 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

This sign also caught my eye on my last trip but the venue was closed and I believe for sale - looks like it is open again?

It was brought to my attention on another forum the NA/AA signs on the windows of the bar. When I saw the post it jogged my memory that I had heard some time ago there was an AA meeting place on Soi Skaw Beach. Sure enough, that's the location of Nok! Nok! Who's There.

If could be it was the single shop house to left of the bar that you saw was for sale as I believe there's still a for sale sign up on the metal shutter.

YTo8vdWwT0.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Skaw+Beach+AA+Meeting+Room/@12.9317935,100.883962,21z/data=!4m10!1m2!2m1!1saa+pattaya!3m6!1s0x310297f188bcd7cf:0xc65c9bfd81a7aea1!8m2!3d12.9317935!4d100.8841229!15sCgphYSBwYXR0YXlhkgEbc2VsZl9zZXJ2aWNlX2hlYWx0aF9zdGF0aW9u4AEA!16s%2Fg%2F11tghj5czn?entry=ttu

• Upvote 1

Riding by the new Nirun food market this morning it occurred to me there's still no thought given to wheelchair access on new construction.
P7070001.jpg

Then I got to the other side and saw they've thoughtfully provided motorbike access.
P7070002.jpg

P7070003.jpg

• Haha 2
On 7/6/2024 at 1:05 PM, forcebwithu said:

I like the bar name...

Plenty of birds?

For years my favorite kebab stand has been Ket's with two locations on Soi Diana. I've stuck with them through price increases as they've been relatively small at 10B increases every year or two.

Last year the price increase was to 70B, but a few months later they bumped it to 80B. No problem as I'm aware food prices have increased quite a bit since the end of the pandemic. However I was quite surprised the other night to see they've bumped the price again to 100B, a 20B increase. When measured against the 70B price a year ago, that's a 42% increase!

Based on my photo survey of the other kebab stands in the immediate area, I suspect there's some price collusion going on where they all agreed to set the price at 100B. Looks like I'll be eating more khao man gai at half the price and less chicken kebab.

P7120024CR.jpg

P7120024.jpg

P7120014.jpg

P7120017.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Subway in Big-CX has  gone.

20240714_084253.jpg

1 hour ago, Broughton said:

He’s still going strong god knows how long he’s has been around.

IMG_3520.jpeg

I enjoy seeing the characters that populate the sois of Pattaya. Adds to the uniqueness of Pattaya and keeps things interesting.