Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

On 4/2/2023 at 11:57 PM, Chris100UK said:

He is on a tight budget and will likely be renting a cheap apartment rather than a condo.

Apologies for going OT, but can someone help me out here, please.

What is the difference between an apartment and a condo?

4 hours ago, Bazle said:

I used the term condo with a mind to the newer developments that have sprung up in the last decade. 

7 hours ago, Bazle said:

In the US the distinction would be a condo is something you can own whereas an apartment is rented. Perhaps the equivalent to apartment here would be "room".

6 hours ago, Chris100UK said:

I used the term condo with a mind to the newer developments that have sprung up in the last decade. 

Thanks, but I don't think that that is a commonly accepted definition. 

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

In the US the distinction would be a condo is something you can own whereas an apartment is rented. Perhaps the equivalent to apartment here would be "room".

Thanks. So if someone buys a condo and rents it out, does it then become an apartment? 

• Haha 1

I think what was inferred was that if a developer/entrepreneur buys a building and operates the business of renting out the accommodation units therein - then these are (rented) apartments. Whereas a condo is a unit within a building where units have been individually sold on and subject to juristic administration/maintenance etc 

Thanks, Regyai. That seems to make sense. 

So, as far as someone looking to rent a property is concerned, it doesn't really matter if a property is a condo or an apartment as it affects only to whom they pay rent. 

2 hours ago, Regyai said:

Superficially, no. 

But 'non hotels' shouldn't officially be rented for less than a month , and also some condos forbid.

Thanks again. 

• 4 months later...

Great info! 
AIS sim for my phone worked great for me on a 3 week holiday. Can’t remember how much I paid but purchased the most expensive 30 day package and no problems even hot spot to iPad watching Netflix and YouTube 

I think my router, same as above, uses it's 100GB too fast. Does it use bytes even when not in use? Two months in a row I've gone thru the 100GB in two weeks or so. Then it slows down to 128bps which isn't useful for anything.

My 100GB resets the 27th, I'm going to turn it off when not in use.

4 hours ago, JONPAT said:

I think my router, same as above, uses it's 100GB too fast. Does it use bytes even when not in use? Two months in a row I've gone thru the 100GB in two weeks or so. Then it slows down to 128bps which isn't useful for anything.

OS and software updates that automatically download are could be what's eating into your data limit.

4 hours ago, JONPAT said:

Another possibility is that someone has found the router's password and is using your bytes.

I've known it happen.

Turning it off is always a good idea.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I found another possibility to loss of Bites. I just found out that my Firestick keeps sending/receiving data when I turn off the TV. I use the Firestick remote to turn on/off my TV which I thought turned off the Firestick, wrong. If I powered the Firestick via the TV then it'd shut down along  with the TV, but I use a wall wart to power the Firestick.

Solution is to put the Firestick to 'Sleep Mode' instead of turning off the TV. Pressing the home key a few seconds brings options to your screen, 'sleep' is the one to choose.

For overnight I still get up and turn off the    router.

Edited by JONPAT
spelling
  • Upvote 1