Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I'm sorry if this seems like an unnecessary post, but at this point I'm really confused.

Never been to Pattaya before. Going to LOS from 10th of July and 3 weeks ahead. Have allready booked hotel for BKK and will stay there for nine days.

But for my stay in Pattaya I'm kind of in the blue.

Have browsed through a lot of threads about this subjec, have looked at the Residence garden - seems OK but the locations seems a bit off.

Here is what I'm looking for:

- Price range: 1000-3000 Baht a night (If it is great, I'm willing to pay up)

- Close to action

- Pool

- GF

If your willing to pay up to 3000 you have many options especially during July when hotels have many vacancies. Did you check out the "hotel reviews section", many reviews posted by members with photos and websites. Based on what your willing to spend, check out the Hard Rock or Marriotts.

Emil

erik_e,

I wouldn't let the location of the Residence Garden put you off. It is really not that far from the action and there is always a baht bus passing by. The rooms are great, nice pool and girl friendly. Plus not being right in the action it is a good place to relax and is quiet.

erik_e

Tangent's correct. The RG isn't that far from the action - it's only a few minutes from Walking Street by baht bus. There are always plenty of them passing and I seldom had to wait more than a minute or so for one to come along.

I'm staying there again in November this year.

Alan

Erik_e,

Please post your comments on the hotel you end up going with. I have a very smilar set of requirements to yours, and it seems to come down to location perhaps, in the final analysis. I would be especially interested in your view if you choose the Pattaya Marriott. Thanks.

Over the years, the complaints about the RG seem to be centered on the location, lack of reasonable food, and twice weekly linen service. Of course, YMMV. Not having stayed there myself, I cannot weigh in on the subject.

SoCalGuy

I stayed at the Residence Garden for 12 days in May (sounds like a movie title) and it was not just good, it was absolutely magnificent!!

I has a 2 bedroom suite as there were two guys sharing both with different taste in women but both always with either one or two girls.

We had maid service daily. The room service was quick and inexpensive. The lobby bar was nice, the restaurant food was varied from O.K. to very good.

I had originally worried about the location but, once there I really enjoyed it - the baht bus comes every couple of minutes - really, never waited more than 5 minutes, and the ride into the teeth of the dragon was less then 10 minutes.

All in all, I can highly recommend RG.

Hi Eric, why not try the flipper lodge or flipper house, i stayed at the flipper house last year, good hotel and great pool, and the price isnt bad!! i think i payed 770 a night in the new wing!! no probs with the girls either, i haved 3 of them up one night for some party and no question asked!!! give me a pm if u want some pictures!!! cheers Vanilla

erik_e.

Try The Sandy Spring Hotel in soi 13 it's half way between Walking st and the Beer Bars in soi's 7 & 8. Nice pool, girl friendly, good big rooms, some rooms have great views also. You should be able to get a room rate starting at 990baht a night. Here is the link.

Bigmike.

Sandy Spring Hotel

I'd have to go RG, it may be a little away from the action, but the rooms are so nice and it's worth the extra effort to stay there...The TG's will appreciate it also

erik, if you are looking for something right in the center of action, i always stay at the sunshine at soi 8 9since they have their new wing) - the rooms are clean, new, tv reception is great with many channles, the bathroom is clean with a bathtube, well, the new wing is really new.

the rack rate is 1027 baht per night but during this time of teh year u should be able to get a better price

http://www.sunshinepattaya.com

as an alternative (since you seem to like the upper segment) you can check the sunshine vista at soi 3 (also a convinient location, some sopies in walking distance as well as many beer bars, soi 2, soi 6, big c, all in the area)

they offer studios, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments, i stayed there once when they where completely new (still could smell the fresh paint and the room was obviously never used before). it is nice if you prefer this kind of serviced appartment. i dont know the currenmts rates - check it out at

http://www.sunshinevista.com/home.htm

cheers

cyber

I'm really impressed by this forum (was expecting a lot of: "Use the search enginge...")

Both sunshine pattaya and Sunshine Vista looks good.

How is the visitor policy (GF)?

My first trip to pattaya I stayed Hard Rock, then marriott. Next time Jomtien. Since then I have used Residence garden . I like everything about it except the mattresses are hard. Loaction is not bad, the separate living room with fridge is great. Just wish the matresses were a little softer.

My bud has been staying at the Sabadee Lodge and likes it. But then he like nana hotel BKK too. (but I will give that the nana hotel has great foam mattresses). I am thinking of trying something else this trip just for a change. Always going to the same hotel seems like always seeing the same BG. :D :D

BIG mike,

does the sandy springs have room safes? Their site doesn't say. And how do you get a 990 baht rate. They are quoting a internet special of 1200 baht.

I'm really impressed by this forum (was expecting a lot of: "Use the search enginge...")

Both sunshine pattaya and Sunshine Vista looks good.

How is the visitor policy (GF)?

Neither charges a joiner fee. They are building another hotel next to the Sunshine Vista so you might have a noise problem if you like to sleep in.

Emil

I have only been to Pattaya once. Stayed the HardRock. Really nice room, great pool, room service was great, make sure you hit the pool bar for the happy hour between 1500 - 1700, 170bht for two scotch and coke. However, they hit me with a 900bht joiner. Just goes to show that I should have booked it as a twin room.

Come Sept am staying at YenSabai. 580bht a night. Nice looking room and pool (according to the online pics) Looks like it is a little away from the main strip but walked way further from the HardRock so should not be a problem.

Glenn

Neither charges a joiner fee. They are building another hotel next to the Sunshine Vista so you might have a noise problem if you like to sleep in.

Emil

can only confirm that - no joiner fees at any of the sunshine properties and the staff is usually very easy about it and handle the girls nice if they stay with you more then just ST.

They are building another hotel next to the Sunshine Vista so you might have a noise problem if you like to sleep in.

Well, I guess they start their work around 0800, and that is a bit too early for me when on vacation.

From the hundreds of posts I read, I guess there is construction work all over town...

Well, I guess they start their work around 0800, and that is a bit too early for me when on vacation.

From the hundreds of posts I read, I guess there is construction work all over town...

according to a friend who just stayed there, the noise is not a real problem. but you can as well just drop by when u r in pattaya, and if you like it, change to stay there, at this time they will hardly be fully booked...

I'm considering skipping Pattaya, or at least I will improvise when I get to LOS.

- I have booked 9 nights at Sviss Grottinio in BK.

From then I do one of two things:

1. Head to Pattaya and stay there for some nights. If I LOVE it, I might stay...

2. Check into one of President Solitaires Platinum suites and give myself a good treat the rest of my stay.

That is my plan, if I'm not getting convinced otherwise...

Cowboy,

Just curious how you liked the Marriott. Do you think it was worth the price? I have heard that it is an nice oasis right in the heart of the action. I have not stayed there, but all indications are that the food, pool, and environs are great.

SoCalGuy

does the sandy springs have room safes? Their site doesn't say. And how do you get a 990 baht rate. They are quoting a internet special of 1200 baht.

Unfortunately, no room safes.

If you book through Scandibar, you get the members rate of 990 baht without having to take out the membership. And a free beer at the Scandinavian Bar every day. B)

be seeing you

monkeyman

My "problem" is that I have travelled too much and thus picked up a sort of "kinkyness". I want it to be nice, clean, comfortable and relaxed. If the hotel has 10 stars and an army of bowing servants is really insignificant to me.

Take my word for it: I have been to Pattaya since the 70´s. Done it all - seen it all. Stayed at super hotels and super dumps..... After all these years and a rather ok wallet now in mature years (which means I can choose freely) I can only say that I was really charmed and taken by Residence Garden! You can see that it is managed by a professional. It´s relaxed atmosphere, nice pool, excellent rooms and no hassle "guest" policy - simply gives you best value for money!

After all these years in Pattaya I have found my waterhole! I will always return there as long as it stays like this managed by a danish gentleman. If he sells it there might be a change - but that´s a problem we have to face then. Far away from it all? Not really. I found it very comforting that it was not adjacent to some beerbar or disco. Just go out the entrance - hop onto a bahtbus and minutes later you were downtown!

I am VERY kinky and demanding - and I love Residence Garden!