Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I have booked a room facing the pool for 1,695 baht per night during the PEAK season (01/01/06 through 01/10/06). 

I have stayed at the Areca 5 times and am paying web site prices at 1490 bhat per night for a standard room from 28th Dec. 2005 inc. etc. for three weeks.

You are paying, granted for a pool view, 1695 BHAT PER NIGHT FOR A 9 MONTH STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During PEAK season.

WHAT PEAK SEASON!!!!!!!!

:chogdee2 :chogdee2 :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies OBVIOUSLY septic timing 01/01/06 - 01/10/06 = a 9 day stay!!!!!!!

and not a 9 month job.!!! What calendar are you on. :chogdee2

No wonder the Thais don't like you cant/wont understand you. Ba ba bo. :chogdee2

Mai pen lai kap

Top_Cat

Hi to everybody

Am within next week and b4 heading with the booking, about to visit Pattaya and would like to know Regarding Areca Lodge what's the difference between Executive room and superior room ? Is it mainly the amenities only?WHere to get good rates since there are different online booking agent or booking directly with the hotel is better? Which floor is the best and have the best view?

Is there any problem to bring children ?

Thanks for all the replies in advance <huh

Hi to everybody

Am within next week and b4 heading with the booking, about to visit Pattaya and would like to know Regarding Areca Lodge what's the difference between Executive room and superior room ? Is it mainly the amenities only?WHere to get good rates since there are different online booking agent or booking directly with the hotel is better? Which floor is the best and have the best view?

Is there any problem to bring children ?

Thanks for all the replies in advance

Isabella, here is the hint

Superior rooms are on the top floor overlooking the swimming pool with more amenities such as kettle with complimentary tea and coffee, hair dryer, bathrobes for the pool, and private safe.

Executive room , a large luxurious room overlooking the pool with private safe, big TV and many extra amenities such as kettle with complimentary tea and coffee, hair dryer, bathrobes for pool, daily newspaper and welcome fruit.

http://www.arecalodge.com/accommodation.html

Find on http://pattaya.lap.hu

REally appreciate your prompt reply.

I;ve asked direct te areca and I was told that the executive room is unavailable. And now try the Superior but don't know if it is fitted for 2 adults and one child of 11yrs.

Will u recommend to stay at that area (Diana Soi)?

REally appreciate your prompt reply.

I;ve asked direct te areca and I was told that the executive room is unavailable. And now try the Superior but don't know if it is fitted for 2 adults and one child of 11yrs.

Will u recommend to stay at that area (Diana Soi)?

With a kid I don't recommend at all Pattaya, maybe the better choice is Jomtien.

Hi

I've found a good price for Hard Rock just waiting for the reply. Hope I can get it

About Jomtien is next to Pattaya and to reach Pattaya must be by songthaew that's why we prefere to stay in Pattaya.

By the way do you know the transfer service rate from BKK airport to Don Muang? I would appreciate if someone can help me.

By the way do you know the transfer service rate from BKK airport to Don Muang? I would appreciate if someone can help me.

Shouldn't cost anything as they are the same. If you mean from BKK to Pattaya I use a service that cost 1200 baht (khrongfa-look under the cost sharing section under reliable car and driver). They also will pick you up in a mini van for more baht. If you like the Areca Lodge area check out the LK Metropole just a few meters away. Less than a year old and you can find a link to it if you look under "Apartments" on page 2 of Hotel and Accomodation Questions on one of my posts.

Edited by Emil
Hi

I've found a good price for Hard Rock just waiting for the reply. Hope I can get it

About Jomtien is next to Pattaya and to reach Pattaya must be by songthaew that's why we prefere to stay in Pattaya.

Isabella, with a child nothing to do in Pattaya itself. Even in daytime the city is polluted, crowded, the beach way worst, than on Jomtien. If you want any sea side activity you will must use the bahtbuses to get to Jomtien. Hard Rock is a good hotel, nice swimmingpool, but no mean to leave it at daytime except travel to Jomtien for the beach. :clap2 I myself without a child practically never enter to Pattaya at the daytime.

HI Gabor

Thanks for the advice

Is Ko Larn the island they called Coral Island as we have been there by boat 2 times. Does it worth a visit? What to visit in Pattaya?

Read a post about he dolphin show still worth it?

There;s another place with the world in miniature, again does it worth it?

Thanks in advance

Isabella :banghead

HI Gabor

Thanks for the advice

Is Ko Larn the island they called Coral Island as we have been there by boat 2 times. Does it worth a visit? What to visit in Pattaya?

Read a post about he dolphin show still worth it?

There;s another place with the world in miniature, again does it worth it?

Thanks in advance

Isabella :banghead

Yes, Koh Larn is the called Coral Island ( despite I don't found any corals overthere ) There are really nice beaches ( my favourite is the Tien ) but for me boring, but this is only me. I like Jomtien with the vivid life, vendors, characters. True, the sea itself way better in Koh Larn. You can easy to go to Koh Larn with speedboats from Jomtien beach for 1200-1600 bht / boat a return trip. An other option is the ferry from Pattaya ( more complicated and uncomfortable ) for a couple hundred bht / person.

About the Pattaya programs I'm already listed to you some dozen links in an other thread. If you forgot it visit Pattaya Lap and you will find more links. ( right side, the Tours and the Activities box )

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I will try for Areca Lodge in November, am I a Big Butterfly or what? never stayed in the same Pattaya hotel twice yet :P

Areca has 4 different room grades, standard 990, deluxe 1190, superior 1460 and Exec 2080.

I was thinking of trying to book a Superior because that includes room safe, any opinions on the rooms? I have read the reviews :P

Last time stayed Baybreeze, OK but their rates have shot up, was 500 standard and 800 big room, now 950 and 1300, too pricey for what you get.

Gus,

I stayed there in June, the 990 baht room. It was a nice room, larger than most hotels I've stayed at. Bathroom was on the small side, shower/tub combo made for smaller humans but adequate. TV was fine, nice fridge with 2 free bottles of water per day. No table in room for eating, only a lounge chair.

The hotel itself is nice, 2 large pools, workout room, sauna(in Thailand?), inside and outside bar, pool table, cafe which includes free breakfast for you and your TG everyday. I had to use the safety lockers at the front desk, but was fine for me.

If you get a superior room, I'm sure you will be happy.

A word of warning for anyone staying at Areca during the xmas new year period. be sure to check that there are no surcharges for any of the days. ie last year i believe that xmas & new years eve had a 600 baht or there abouts surcharge. this even effcted guests who had been there a week or 2. This is a common practise in a lot of the upmarket hotels.Another one at the 5 star hotels is to charge for the new years eve gala dinners whether you attend or not.

I went to enquire about a room there about a month ago, and they wanted 1200 per night.  It seems a nice place, but as others have said over priced.  I will be staying with my GF for Christmas and New Year, but a friend of mine will be there at the same time, and asked me find a nice hotel for him, for the period 19th Dec to 2nd Jan.   They want 300 per night on top of the "High season" rate, plus compulsory 1500 New Years Eve Gala meal.  The  rate averaged out at nearly 1800 baht per night.  Needless to say, I declined their very generous offer.

By the way, when you come out of the hotel, and turn left towards 2nd Road, and the Beer Bars you are talking about, there is (was) some spare ground opposite on the right hand side.  When I was there they have started pile driving huge concrete pillars into the ground.  What its going to be I've no idea, but I would say it will be a construction site for the next 12 months.  Mind you the racket from the Beer Bars should drown out any noise

thechairman18

This is what the Areaca Lodge want for the period over Christmas and New Year.

thechairman18

Edited by thechairman18

I've stayed at Areca twice now and have enjoyed it both times. One note of caution though; security is lax. I had a pyscho barfine from several days earier show-up at my room around 4am pounding on my door. Maybe it's not an issue. The pyschos will probably always find a way in I guess but in my drunken state it was very alarming. :ang2

The pyschos will probably always find a way in I guess but in my drunken state it was very alarming

What would life be like if you didn't meet the odd pyscho bargirl ? :cry1 Thats what make makes the girls what they are, you unwrap them and you don't know what you are going to get. When they are hot they can be very hot ! :ang2

I've stayed at Areca twice now and have enjoyed it both times. One note of caution though; security is lax. I had a pyscho barfine from several days earier show-up at my room around 4am pounding on my door. Maybe it's not an issue. The pyschos will probably always find a way in I guess but in my drunken state it was very alarming. :clueless

if you stay in the back wing its very easy just to walk round the side of the hotel and go up in the lift without being seen

I went to enquire about a room there about a month ago, and they wanted 1200 per night. It seems a nice place, but as others have said over priced. I will be staying with my GF for Christmas and New Year, but a friend of mine will be there at the same time, and asked me find a nice hotel for him, for the period 19th Dec to 2nd Jan. They want 300 per night on top of the "High season" rate, plus compulsory 1500 New Years Eve Gala meal. The rate averaged out at nearly 1800 baht per night. Needless to say, I declined their very generous offer.

By the way, when you come out of the hotel, and turn left towards 2nd Road, and the Beer Bars you are talking about, there is (was) some spare ground opposite on the right hand side. When I was there they have started pile driving huge concrete pillars into the ground. What its going to be I've no idea, but I would say it will be a construction site for the next 12 months. Mind you the racket from the Beer Bars should drown out any noise

thechairman18

I contacted the Areca Lodge via email and asked them about construction. For what it's worth, they told me the construction work has been completed.

I contacted the Areca Lodge via email and asked them about construction. For what it's worth, they told me the construction work has been completed.

RUBBISH!,they were doing pile driving just two months ago, how can it be complete now?

RUBBISH!,they were doing pile driving just two months ago, how can it be complete now?

I came home from Pattaya on 4th Aug 2005 ( thats this year !!! ) and they had only just started pile driving on the site.