Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Little place across from Residence Garden:

Had breakfast there a few times. Price is reasonable, portions are not skimped. Polite service. The eggs are scrambled with some subtle addition, probably a bit of pepper or something, and are very good.

Eggs, + ham, + sausage, + toast, + tea or coffee, + juice. Pretty standard stuff but done rather well with no price surprises. I think 110 baht. Something like that. Reflects just a bit extra in service and portions. I tried the 50 and 60 baht places and they usually tack on 60 baht for a drink. I also think it's better than the RG breakfast list, and no more than a few steps across the street, just to the left of the Family Mart and laundry.

If you're in the neighborhood, give it a whirl. If you're staying at the RG, definitely get out of the hotel a few days during the stay and give it a whirl.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The restaurant across the car park from Tops ,Central road ,do an all day American Breakfast for 50 baht in A/C comfort.Great for the price.

Further afield Papa David ,on the bend as you aproach Jomtien,do a superb English breakfast ,again all day for 95 baht.Also the Ace Cafe around the block from P.D .do a good English for 95 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

Canterberry Tales next to Crazy Daves do a good breakfast ,and have two sizes the small one is not bad i think 70 baht and the normal size 100 baht.

The Germany bakery in soi Excyte near the bowling green do many types of breakfast German,English,American,Farmers,Swiss. you can also pick up a tasty loaf after ,most breakfasts around 100baht.

If your on a real budget :bigsmile: 42 baht in Boat Bakery 2nd RD opposite pattaya land soi 2,everything including tea coffee and toast but not so good quality .

• 2 weeks later...

only one place and its untouchable,,

jimmy macs soi 6 , 85 baht coffe/tea toast orange mush egg saus bac beans toms,

proper english bacon as well, he also sells the bacon to,

and a free eyeball at the girls over the road :D

• 2 weeks later...
Crazy Dave's

Soi Chayapoon

off Soi Buakhao

Full English + Tea or Coffee 65 baht, or

Fat Bastard + Tea or Coffee., 100 Baht

Served 24hrs a day, I doubt whether, anyone could finish his Fat Bastard B/fast.

thechairman18

bet bob could before he starts drinking everyday

• 5 months later...

In January I was a regular at the Sportsman on soi 13, one day I went in and could not see any seats and didn’t fancy sitting at the bar, didnt feel like walking too far as was still a tad hungover, was right off the haven (that place has gone downhill IMO), so I tried Das Berliner in the same building and had a German brekkie, never went back to the Sportsman.

Selection of salamis and cheese etc and eggs cooked how you like, fresh bread, juice and coffee, highly recommended and a few baht cheaper, not that that was a consideration.

cheers

Alf

I try different breakfest Canterbury Cafe very good English opposite street from crasy davis. and nice bakery next street to left

germans opposite Bamboo and sometimes Lek hotel and if I remember right Boat Bakery on The 2 road

there is no such thing as real american breakfest, it is nothing like america breakfest i dont care where you get it, its not american

Agreed.

If I had to describe an "American Breakfast" it would be, two strips of bacon, two eggs (cooked anyway you want them), hash browns,

toast, and a cup of coffee. In Pattaya I prefer the bubble and squeak, two eggs, toast, and "English Style" bacon served at the Sportsman on Soi 6. It is a little more expensive than some restaurants, but worth it, imho.

When people complain at 120 or 150 bht for breakfast do they ever think how much the same thing is in the uk Little Theif sorry i measn Little Chef you would be lucky to get any change from a tennor for a decent breakfast in there.

People dont seem to want the owners of any Pattaya restaraunts to make any money from their customers , how much can a restaraunt make from a 65 bht breakfast ,practically zero ,so they do it for what?

Some of the hotels that charge 500 ,600 ,700 for breakfast is a rip off not 120 /150 which is a couple of quid

Just had the 100 baht "American breakfast" at the Piccolo on Naklua Road. This included a couple of refills on the coffee and Orange Juice. They had a "smaller breakfast for around 65 baht as I remember. Will try that next.

How can someone make money selling breakfast for 65 baht? Easy. You can use the breakfast as a loss leader for one thing. Not everyone is going to choose the breakfast. In a group of two or more, someone's going to often get something other than the breakfast at a higher profit margin and also once customers start coming in for the breakfast they will often come back for other dishes at other times of the day.

There is a Thai place right up the street from me that my girlfriend and I call "No Name". American breakfast is just 60 baht. The Thai dishes are half the price of most restaurants on 2nd road and I guarantee they make money here. The Thais come here often and they keep coming back. So do a lot of the Western expats because the service is good, the Thai women running the place are pleasant, they always get the check bin straight (by not overcharging you), prices are very low, and the food is excellent.

Now, if you live here permanently such as I do, you had damn well better be value conscious unless you are richer than God. Most guys who stay here all the time, at least in my neck of the woods, have steady live in Thai girlfriends. The following type of analysis can be applied to any type of meal at any restaurant Many restaurants in Central Pattaya charge 160 baht for a large American or British breakfast. Say a man and his girlfriend eat out once a day. They can eat at 60 baht per person (the breakfast being merely an example) at restaurant A for 160 baht or they can eat at restaurant B for 60 baht each. If they eat at restaurant B they are saving 200 baht a day. Since they are together 30 days a month, every month, this kind of decision making will save them 6000 baht a month. At today's miserable exchange rates that's around $185.00 a month, every month.

Just had the 100 baht "American breakfast" at the Piccolo on Naklua Road. This included a couple of refills on the coffee and Orange Juice. They had a "smaller breakfast for around 65 baht as I remember. Will try that next.

How can someone make money selling breakfast for 65 baht? Easy. You can use the breakfast as a loss leader for one thing. Not everyone is going to choose the breakfast. In a group of two or more, someone's going to often get something other than the breakfast at a higher profit margin and also once customers start coming in for the breakfast they will often come back for other dishes at other times of the day.

There is a Thai place right up the street from me that my girlfriend and I call "No Name". American breakfast is just 60 baht. The Thai dishes are half the price of most restaurants on 2nd road and I guarantee they make money here. The Thais come here often and they keep coming back. So do a lot of the Western expats because the service is good, the Thai women running the place are pleasant, they always get the check bin straight (by not overcharging you), prices are very low, and the food is excellent.

Now, if you live here permanently such as I do, you had damn well better be value conscious unless you are richer than God. Most guys who stay here all the time, at least in my neck of the woods, have steady live in Thai girlfriends. The following type of analysis can be applied to any type of meal at any restaurant Many restaurants in Central Pattaya charge 160 baht for a large American or British breakfast. Say a man and his girlfriend eat out once a day. They can eat at 60 baht per person (the breakfast being merely an example) at restaurant A for 160 baht or they can eat at restaurant B for 60 baht each. If they eat at restaurant B they are saving 200 baht a day. Since they are together 30 days a month, every month, this kind of decision making will save them 6000 baht a month. At today's miserable exchange rates that's around $185.00 a month, every month.

Jack,

Just like the over payers, your spoiling your TGF and ruining it for the rest of the punters. :bigsmile: Didn't your condo come with a kitchen? Add these number to your examples. Eggs cost about 2 1/2 baht each, bread at 1 baht a slice, instant coffee at around 4 baht a cup, some chopped up meat and vegtables to add to the scrambled eggs about 5 baht and some fresh fruit another 5 baht. You can get a whole pinapple for 15 baht. These are Carrefour prices which is considered to have the highest prices amoung the markets in Pattaya.

Edited by Emil

Sure Emil......Have a great kitchen in this place. I had my girlfriend go out to the Naklua Market to get some Spring Rolls for twenty baht. These are the kind that are not deep friend. Then tonight she cooked two Thai dishes for us. Her fried chicken is the best I've ever tasted anywhere. But we still go to restaurants as well.

Sure Emil......Have a great kitchen in this place. I had my girlfriend go out to the Naklua Market to get some Spring Rolls for twenty baht. These are the kind that are not deep friend. Then tonight she cooked two Thai dishes for us. Her fried chicken is the best I've ever tasted anywhere. But we still go to restaurants as well.

Jack, just having some fun with you. You still have the same GF that I met awhile back? My GF will ocassionally pick up some shrimp at that same market if it its the one up on Naklua RD where it goes from 4 lanes to two and the prices are cheap. Most people don't realize how cheap you can buy food in LOS, thats why they're amazed at how some of these places can charge such low prices and still make a profit.

It amazes me when anyone says Kiss food do a good breakfast ,since when? it might be cheap but its crap nothing like a proper breakfast.

Yes, I agree. Having said that I have had breakfast there often, normally on my way home with a belly full of piss at 2AM in the morning. Kiss are not top quality but they are 24/7, their food is clean and the waiters/waitresses are polite and efficient.

Who wants to have breakfast after waking up in the morning with a nice TG sleeping next to you? I would rather wait for lunch about 2-3PM in the afternoon.

Jack, just having some fun with you. You still have the same GF that I met awhile back? My GF will ocassionally pick up some shrimp at that same market if it its the one up on Naklua RD where it goes from 4 lanes to two and the prices are cheap. Most people don't realize how cheap you can buy food in LOS, thats why they're amazed at how some of these places can charge such low prices and still make a profit.

Not sure Emil, which girlfriend. There was Spicy. She's the girl I was with when you first met me. Since then you might have met Ying. Spicy was with me for nine months, but we had a serious problem, so I met Ying soon afterwards. Ying's been with me for 14 months now. Incidentally, Ying made Carbonara for us tonight after picking up an Italian food cookbook at Carefour and grocery shopping for all the cheeses and noodles and other ingredients today.

Really good fresh hashbrowns are my thing for breakfast. I live most of the time

in Bangkok and would love suggestions on either Pattaya or Bangkok...THANKS

The Continental Bakery has good hashbrowns. I like their breakfast choices a lot, but I'm also like FatherMojo in that breakfast is usually a hangover remedy for me.

• 4 weeks later...

In Pattaya it has to be Rosie O'Gradys on Soi 7....been a favourite for years.

In Jomtien I would most certainly recommend Papa David's for breakfast......huge choice,English,Irish,American,Swiss (my favourite),German,Danish,Thai etc.

Ialso vote for the Continental bakery in Jomtien. It has terrific French toast made from real French bread. It also serves 7 or 8 different breakfasts by nationality. Most around 100 baht or less.