Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Why pay ridiculous amounts of money for just a place to sleep?

Just read this in another thread:

Just booked up for 24 nights in Pattaya Marriott during July/August - Cost £1230 for 24 nights. That works out at just over £50 a night.

I was well chuffed with this deal!!

Geezz!!!

There are really some big spenders on this Forum!

That's about 85000 baht!

Hotel alone, for 24 days!!!

...and here I am a "Cheap Charlie" staying at places about 10 times cheaper! :clap1

I have never stayed in one of those posh international hotel chains, and I just wonder what do you get for that price that I won't get for paying only 10000 baht a month in a local hotel!? :drunk :dhorse

I mean... last year I stayed at Tycoon Place;

all new superclean place with lift, swimming pool, aircon room with all necessairy furnitures, big fridge, 60+channels cableTV, hot&cold shower, balcony with poolview. Restaurant, massage, hairdresser and minimart in reception area, daily roomcleaning, 24 hour security, nice quiet neighbourhood and yet no more than 15 minutes walk from Walking Street!

...and on top of that Free Internet access in my room and no joinersfee when you bring back girls!

Monthly cost 8500 baht, electric not included, (add another 1500-2000 baht for that).

For 85000 baht I could stay in a cheap hotel for 8-9 months! Lol!

I can understand if you have it payed by some company, but to throw away that amount of money from your own pocket I find hard to understand!

All you need is just a place to sleep and bring back your barfine for a "roll in the hay" anyway!

What's your opinions?

Plahgat

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Gabor would say, "Your an overspender". I only pay 7500 a month for a large room with a kitchen area and its near Carrefour. :clap1 With the TGF cooking many meals my food cost is next to nothing. Unfortunately no pool. :dhorse

It is just a matter of personal choice. What give the OP a hard time ? Maybe he's wealthy... No matter the reason, he's happy with his choice - keep his fantasy alive. Where's the love ?

On the other hand... If he would have boasted about his hotel whilst comparing it to others' accomodations, then he's fair game.

So tell me friends: Where is the most expensive hotel in LOS ?

I want to spend at least $10,000US per night as a treat to my TG for allowing me to play with 3 midget LBs... :unsure: :D

It is just a matter of personal choice. What give the OP a hard time ? Maybe he's wealthy... No matter the reason, he's happy with his choice - keep his fantasy alive. Where's the love ?

On the other hand... If he would have boasted about his hotel whilst comparing it to others' accomodations, then he's fair game.

I want to spend at least $10,000US per night as a treat to my TG for allowing me to play with 3 midget LBs... :D :drunk

You won't get the Aman in Phuket for less than US$500 a night, unless you know more than I do.

Whilst I'm not a fan of the Marriott here, fair play to the guy. It's not that much dosh after all. Maybe it's his first time here, maybe thats where he likes to stay, main thing is he's chuffed with the deal.

He should book his room for double occupancy, to avoid those annoying joiner fees. :unsure:

Edited by sabang

:beer

I've stayed in the top hotels in Pattaya when I first started coming on package holidays i.e Royal Cliff,Dusit Resort,Royal Garden,obviously nice hotels and facilities but problems with taking back girls,but there are so many hotels around the 1000 baht a night mark with all the facilities you need and no hassle with girls I would never dream of staying in a flash hotel again.

Stupid topic IMO.

Why pay more money to eat in nicer restaurants?

Given the choice and if possible i'd rather pay that bit extra and stay in somewhere nicer!

These overpay comments are bullshit IMO especially when its a guy whose saved up to have a holiday to remember and the surroundings he stays in are part of his memories of a good holiday.

Just read this in another thread:

Geezz!!!

There are really some big spenders on this Forum!

That's about 85000 baht!

Hotel alone, for 24 days!!!

...and here I am a "Cheap Charlie" staying at places about 10 times cheaper! :clap1

I have never stayed in one of those posh international hotel chains, and I just wonder what do you get for that price that I won't get for paying only 10000 baht a month in a local hotel!? :D :beer

I mean... last year I stayed at Tycoon Place;

all new superclean place with lift, swimming pool, aircon room with all necessairy furnitures, big fridge, 60+channels cableTV, hot&cold shower, balcony with poolview. Restaurant, massage, hairdresser and minimart in reception area, daily roomcleaning, 24 hour security, nice quiet neighbourhood and yet no more than 15 minutes walk from Walking Street!

...and on top of that Free Internet access in my room and no joinersfee when you bring back girls!

Monthly cost 8500 baht, electric not included, (add another 1500-2000 baht for that).

For 85000 baht I could stay in a cheap hotel for 8-9 months! Lol!

I can understand if you have it payed by some company, but to throw away that amount of money from your own pocket I find hard to understand!

All you need is just a place to sleep and bring back your barfine for a "roll in the hay" anyway!

What's your opinions?

Plahgat

If you are so incensed what others pay for their accommodation (I'm assuming it's not YOUR money) next time you're in Pattaya why don't you buy an air mattress and sleep on the beach? No joiner fee and you can take as many girls to your ROOM as you want.

You can go over to McDonalds and use their toilet.

And if you want a shower go to Soi 6 get a short time and use the shower.

You can go to a bar such as Misty's or Shenanigans to use their free wifi and watch their TV.

Simple. It's none of my business what someone pays or why, so why should it be yours as long as you and they are happy?

Edited by rightsaid

Late time I inquired, a suite at The Oriental in BKK was $3,400.00, a night. You might check to see if the price has risen to your "comfort level."

:beer

Edited by Scalawag
Late time I inquired, a suite at The Oriental in BKK was $3,400.00, a night. You might check to see if the price has risen to your "comfort level."

:bigsmile:

I believe that the Oriental in Bangkok is the number one rated hotel in the world, last time I watched a show on the Travel channel. That's for service and I would think that the price is way up there too! :banana

Edited by Owl_

There's a lot of reasons someone might choose a higher priced hotel.

Better surroundings, better facilities and competent staff are just a few that come to mind. By no means are any of those guaranteed, but you do often get what you pay for.

I understand the thinking both ways. I'm not quite a Cheap Charlie, but I don't want to spend $100US a night either. It's up to me, up to you and up to him. Some of us do more than just sleep in the room. If that's all I did I would only be there 4-6 hours a day.

I have stayed at both the marriott and the Hard Rock. One things about the more expensive hotels. Most have better BEDS. The hard rock has decent beds but the Marriott has great beds, great rooms, great breakfast buffet, great service. The Marriot is easly the best hotel I have stayed in Pattaya. Way more comfortable. The last time I was there it was raining for like 3 days. I would sit in the large overstuffed chair reading by the patio whilst the BG sat in bed watching thai TV 15 feet away. When I felt like a coke I walked out and down the hall an into the Mall. went to drugstore and bought a six pack brought it back into the room and put it is the fridge. They had great service in every aspect. plus down comforters on the overstuffed super plush bed. The breakfast buffet was big with every kind of food you could think of. I am found of the salmon so mosr morning I would have them poach some eggs to go on my english muffins and salmon. The oysters were good as well.

I like the hard rock becuase it has the best pool I have ever seen outisde of the waterparks in florida and taxas. The rooms are not special but the view is nice and the beds are good. they also have a good gym on premise and the last time I booked there the package included use of the cabanas and free limo service from bkk to pattaya nad back. I would consider it a better hotel than say sandy springs but most of the time I don't feel like spending the more than $80 us and so I don't stay at hard rock unless they are having a special.

Most of my trips I have stayed the residence garden or sandy springs, sabai lodge, mercure, whitehouse condotel, or dynasty. I have stayed at flipper lodge, siam bayshore, montien, sunshine. I get deals thru latestays or directrooms etc. My first few trips I stayed in Sheraton Grande Westin Grande and Bel Air princess In BKK. Got the rooms thru priceline and paid about 3000 baht a night. Very nice comfortable hotels. More recently I have stayed at majestic Grande or Dynasty Grand and Bel aire princess. mainly becuase I could get the rooms for 1600-2000 baht a night and they are very nice hotels.

THE ONE THING ALL THE EXPENSIVE HOTELS HAVE

GREAT BEDS

very supportive very soft very confortable. after staying at some of the other htoels and sleeping on a mattress that was slighty harder than the floor I am picky about the hotel.

I don't rag on guys that can't afford 1500 baht anight for a room why do all that fucking cheap charlies rag on me?? bullshit I have heard enough Crap on this board to fill alifetime.

There's a lot of reasons someone might choose a higher priced hotel.

Better surroundings, better facilities and competent staff are just a few that come to mind. By no means are any of those guaranteed, but you do often get what you pay for.

Also someone might choose a good hotel to have a proper address.

I want to spend at least $10,000US per night as a treat to my TG for allowing me to play with 3 midget LBs... :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

as you could probably guess, it's really hard to pay over $500 US per night for a hotel room in thailand.

but what you may not have known is that it's also hard to find 3 midget ladyboys in thailand! try it if you don't believe me!

there's a midget woman who works in NEP that i've been planning to do... just another item to tick off in my checklist of depravity.

I don't rag on guys that can't afford 1500 baht anight for a room why do all that fucking cheap charlies rag on me?? bullshit I have heard enough Crap on this board to fill alifetime.

i've been trying to understand why the cheap charlies rag on the premium payers, but it's really hard to speak for other people.

my best guess is that they actually think we're driving up prices and making it tougher for them to be cheap charlies, and their posts are 1) expressions of their frustration and 2) attempts to get us to stop the behavior that they believe harms them.

of course, i think they're wrong (it's the number of whoremongers going to pattaya that drives the market prices up, not the amount a minority of premium payers shell out), but their posts only inspire me to pay more and then make sure to post about it later, just to raise their blood pressure.

mai pen rai... just do what you want, pay what you want, have a good time and ignore the cheap charlies on the boards.

• 3 weeks later...
If you are so incensed what others pay for their accommodation (I'm assuming it's not YOUR money) next time you're in Pattaya why don't you buy an air mattress and sleep on the beach? No joiner fee and you can take as many girls to your ROOM as you want.

You can go over to McDonalds and use their toilet.

And if you want a shower go to Soi 6 get a short time and use the shower.

You can go to a bar such as Misty's or Shenanigans to use their free wifi and watch their TV.

Air mattress on the beach? I dream about on air mattress on the beach.

I stay in a cardboard box in a sewer with 50 other blokes. We work 26 hours at the local mine, drink battery acid for breakfast, and ...... oh wait, is this where I go for an argument?

Edited by sick_puppy

In the end its a matter of choice, its your holiday and its your money. In my past travels, I have stayed in tents, shared dormitory accommodation and in third world hotels were you a lucky to have electricuty for a few hours a day, cold showers and a bucket of water to flush the toilet.

When in BKK I stay at the Landmark, the beds are comfortable but I still go Foodlands to get my six pack of beer.

When I worked, I would always stay at the top end hotels. My homes were the Park Hyatts, Marriotts, Sheratons etc. of this world and I truly enjoyed their hotels.

One thing that people do not understand is that to get the benefit of the significant extra cost, you have to use the facilities in the hotel and if paying Bt150++ for a small beer at the Marriott is a problem then don't stay there as the room itself does probably not justify the extra cost. Use the pool, eat in the restaurants, perhaps the gym or spa and you start to understand why it is the whole experience which counts.

Sure I would bring in some water, especially in the Park Hyatt in Tokyo as it was mega expensive for a small Evian water but I would also enjoy the hotels luxury. When I saw last year a deal for the Pattaya Marriott at around Bt3500 or so per day which included breakfast (Bt650++ each otherwise) I could not help but think how an extra Bt20,000 or so on holiday accommodation costs would be well spent for 10 days or a week there as opposed to a lesser place.

As the OP said, GBP50 or so per day is next to fuck all in the big scheme of things, only because Pattaya is so cheap otherwise does it seem expensive.

some people are comfortable in a 5 star while others only need a 800 baht place.its all about what makes you happy and if thats paying 2-3-4-5,000 a night then so be it. dont forget its a holiday so you want to be as comfortable as possible on whatever your budget may be 100,000 or 500,000 its still a holiday.

the foot <grin

I didn't intend to flame anyone by opening this thread, everyone has his own preferencies!

but...

It's just that I have been appalled at times when I've seen people bragging in other postings of how much they've spent on fancy hotels and thereafter posted a picture to show how nice their room was, and it just showed a tiny simple room that often isn't better looking than any of the room are in 500-1000 baht/night places.

I sometimes have a feeling that the better off people, that are used to only stay in more expensive places, has no idea how comfy and clean and much more personal and friendly many of the smaller locally owned hotels are, they seems to think that because they are much cheaper they must be dirtier and cockroach infested places, sure there are a few but far from all!

Comments like when people compares cheap hotels to "buy an airmatress and sleep on the beach" clearly shows that! Lol

I'm sure that there are as many if not more cockroaches in Marriot than in most cheaper places, hiding behind all that fancy surface!

The money spent on expensive international hotels could have been spent in better ways like for instance travelling around the countryside and see how the local people really lives and to try to learn something about the real Thailand and the circumstances that most bargirls come from, I think that many would be surprised and change their views about bargirls being just LBFM!

:D

OK 'nuff said from me in this matter!

Just wanted to air some of my thoughts!

You do what you do and so do I. :allright

Have a nice day! :banghead

Plahgat

Whats wrong with me wanting to stay in the Marriott? in my opinion nothing at all!

I work hard and when me and my wife come to Pattaya we like to stay in the Marriott for several reasons. So its got nothing to do with anyone else apart from me and my wife, why judge me because I stay in the Marriott!

I dont judge u because u pay xxx baht for where u stay, I couldnt give a shite!

I got better things to do such as lie by the Marriott pool and swig bottles of cristal champagne like there is no tomorrow :rolleyes:

I didn't intend to flame anyone by opening this thread, everyone has his own preferencies!

but...

It's just that I have been appalled at times when I've seen people bragging in other postings of how much they've spent on fancy hotels and thereafter posted a picture to show how nice their room was, and it just showed a tiny simple room that often isn't better looking than any of the room are in 500-1000 baht/night places.

I sometimes have a feeling that the better off people, that are used to only stay in more expensive places, has no idea how comfy and clean and much more personal and friendly many of the smaller locally owned hotels are, :eyecrazy

Plahgat

comments like that clearly show how little experience some people have. I have stayed at more than 30 hotels in pattaya in rooms that cost as little as 700 baht a night up to the marriott at 3200 baht a night. each has its place. For my money the flipper is a dive and not worth it when for a few hundred baht more you can get a much nicer hotel for say 1000 or 1200 baht. For some people as little money as possible is themost important thing so if they want to stay at flipper mai pen rai. I have stayed at Marriott and they are not tiny simple rooms. anyone that thinks so is hasn't stayed there and is talking out their ass. The Marriott is easily one of the best hotel in pattaya. They easily have the most comforable beds I have stayed in. The level of service is the best I have experienced in pattaya and the morning breakfast buffet is the best hotel breakfast I have had outside of the sofitel in bangkok.

So where do I usually stay in pattaya? Sandy Springs, whitehouse condotel. They have a good bang for the buck and are in my budget. I don't need to stay at the best or one of the best hotels. A really good hotel for a modest price is usually the one I choose. I don't have an unlimited budget so I try to spend it on things I like more. saving 3000 baht a night on a hotel for a week is 21000 baht. that allows me to ring the bell at a bar spend 6-7k baht feel like a big spender and still have enough money to do 3 or more trips a year to los. i suppose if i only had enough vacation for 1 trip i might spend more on the hotel.

Am i gonna bust someones chops if they choose the marriott or the flipper. hell no! it's thier money they get to spend it they way they feel. for all the people that are appalled by some one trying to post information about what they think is a good deal :rolleyes:

When I first came here, I wasn't sure if i'd be making the semi-permanent move I have, so only booked into the LK Metropole for 1 month.

Maybe this isn't the Marriott, but price of a 1 bed suite is 4850baht per night walk in price. I booked for the month and the price was 48k special FLB rate, which I was more than happy to pay.

But yes, people still called me crazy.

Since then i've stayed in two places for 750baht per night, one was good and one was bad .... no names mentioned!

Now i'm staying in a 'condotel' of sorts and paying 18k inc utilities, which i'm extremely happy with, though people still call me crazy.

Facilities do come into it I guess, but in the Metropole, I never used the pool, the gym or the restaurant, the staff were all very pleasant, though actual 'competance' was 'hit and miss'.

My thinking is, people staying here for a holiday, generally have no objections to paying a little more if it's going to ensure a 'nice' place to stay, with good facilities and easy access.

My place is on a 'back road', though still walking distance to Soi 6 :drunk , but try explaining the directions to a taxi driver when your pissed!