Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi Andy

Can't be certain, but I think the answer is no. When I chatted to her in March we were talking about the costs of having your own practice and she said it was too expensive and that's why she stays at the hospital.

However, whatever the answer, she's still the best bloody dentist I've ever been to and I'll always sing her praises and recommend her to anybody looking for quality dental work in Pattaya.

Don't forget new dad, the first drinks on me when I return in September

as far as i am aware the answer is no, she starts work at 9 am and finishes at 9 pm so i would think that would be enough for anybody :bigsmile:

gunshy best way to make sure of an appointment is to send pi an email asking for a booking :D

bj :bigsmile:

The fact is that I don't want anything more to do with PIH and their thieving ways but I would like to have Dr Aree continue as my dentist.

Seems she'll have to bite the dust then.

She's gotten way too popular, partly because of this forum, and it is much harder to get an appointment than is was 5-6 years ago. :bigsmile: So I agree, no time for a clinic.

I like Dr Aree, but she is a bit expensive compared to what friends have paid for dental work at other patts dentists. Also, she didnt do a very good job on a crown I got even though it was mega expensive. The treatment rooms are old fashioned compared to other dentists.

The fact is that I don't want anything more to do with PIH and their thieving ways but I would like to have Dr Aree continue as my dentist.

Seems she'll have to bite the dust then.

I had to go back and check you were talking about PIH and not BPH. I have been misled into thinking the PIH was more about providing health service than turning the money making handle.

I saw a Dr Jaew at the 'Art of Smile' dental clinic for a crown fitting and was quite pleased. (2nd Rd, nearly opposite Bangkok Bank/ Greggs Kitchen). In retrospect I could have saved a few thousand by saying 'let's skip a step or two' but one can get led along by the nose by attractive women. :D

Dr Cherry

At PattayaSmile Dental Clinic across the road but very near TukCom cell phone place

Very good ,prompt, very clean place. Friendly assistance's and good price.

I had a 3 tooth crown done there .

Once back in the states for a dental cleaning both her and the dentist praised it's quality.

Will see her again for any foloow up work I have

Joker

Torrenova - I think you might be referring to the place that is half way to Jomtiem. The contact details are:-

German Dental Co Ltd (Lab Technology International Co Ltd)

Thappraya Rd, Soi-9,

gdental@loxinfo.co.th

038-251289

038-251232

(Michael Schlatter)

I have also spoken to Dr.Aree about her hours....she hasnt the time for another clinic.

Aside....she rang me last Christmas morning ...said she had a cancelled appointment at 6pm...would I like to come in.

I said ..but its Christmas day and I wanted to eat Christmas dinner with some friends.

She says....but its Monday... !!!!

I am very happy with her work....her singing...and massage.....hehe

did ask her out....then next visit she introduced me to her very nice Thai husband.

• 7 months later...

The last time we visited her she had to race off to Bangkok to supervise some flood prevention at her house there.

My husband had his upper false teeth repaired and a new set made ( he now prefers to wear the thai set).

At a cost of about 10,000 baht.

Dr Aree was so booked last trip I went to the other lady next door.

She was nice but to be honest I had a nightmare. Filling actually hurt and she cracked filling in tooth beside one getting repaired.

I didn't bother going back and had it done in Surin. Much better.

My mate went to see Dr Aree and got sent home twice as she was overbooked.

Due to the recomendations from this Forum I took my two children to see her. Had no idea about appointments or anything so just walked into PIH and asked if my kids could see a dentist, preferably Dr Aree. We were told to go straight upstairs and she saw us instantly.

She did a temp filling on my daughter but said she needed a Deep Root Canal which she could not do, so the next day saw her boss who did all the work perfectly. It cost 2,000 baht for the Deep Root Canal and 2,000 baht for a crown.

Regards

Chris

Cider's got it right. Took my TGF there several times and treated her fine. He can't personally do any work, but his Thai dentists are good. He is supposed to be very good when it comes to making crowns and such (has his own shop to make them on site).

His wife is the receptionist and a stunner! Can't understand why he doesn't smile more?! :poke

Torrenova - I think you might be referring to the place that is half way to Jomtiem. The contact details are:-

German Dental Co Ltd (Lab Technology International Co Ltd)

Thappraya Rd, Soi-9,

gdental@loxinfo.co.th

038-251289

038-251232

(Michael Schlatter)