Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 183 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

£400 Flight from manchester

Stop-over flying out is just under 5hrs, flying back its 1 hour 15mins, for the money its worth it to me and the dates i fly.

as i said before i had an 8hour stop over with emirates one time, because of the dates and times i wanted.

good luck to all with your cheap flight finding

just think thats just over 13000bht i saved, maybe more looking at prices rocket up

Edited by newbie34
Good to hear!!!!

We are flying with Emirates for the second time in October with a 2 hr stop over in Dubai.

Choose them over Qatar and Etihad due to previous experiences.

Starting to worry me now with these comments...

Hi my Friends.

Here is latest flight schedule from Manchester to Bangkok with Etihad Airways.

Tuesday

Thursday Departs at 21.00pm and arrives Bangkok 19.10pm next day

Saturday

Sunday

Monday

Wednesday Departs at 10am and arrives Bangkok at 07.35am next day

Friday

Special offer in September and October with Ebookers and Etihad Airways

Manchester to Bangkok return price at £478.49

Edited by rainsberger
I am also a gold card member but have just redeemed my airmiles for a free econmy flight, last time I bought a free flight with airmiles I paid 68,000 miles this time 130,000 which now means every 8 flights return Thailand 1 free flight before every 4 times, goodbye Emirates, Eithad nearly as good and much cheaper :clueless

Don't know which country you hail from but according the Emirates Skywards information i just read on thier website you need to redeem only 75,000 miles to qualify for a free return economy flight from the UK to Thailand. Way less than the 130,000 that you mention.

Hope I'm reading it correctly as I have almost 70,000 miles in the bank.

I really hate stopping over at Dubai.

Apart from the size and construction, there is an awful smell of body odor from the hundreds of workers who are sleeping on the floors waiting for trips to the Indian Sub Continent.

If you are anyway sensitive to a persavive strong body odour, do not stop over at Dubai.

Hi my Friends.

Here is latest flight schedule from Manchester to Bangkok with Etihad Airways.

Tuesday

Thursday Departs at 21.00pm and arrives Bangkok 19.10pm next day

Saturday

Sunday

Monday

Wednesday Departs at 10am and arrives Bangkok at 07.35am next day

Friday

Special offer in September and October with Ebookers and Etihad Airways

Manchester to Bangkok return price at £478.49

Good price, but the cheapest i can find on ebookers is £524 flying out on a thursday and returning on a wednesday in october.... this is with Qatar airline, flown with them before liked the flight, but Doha for a stopover was a doom hole, but i would go again if the flight was the cheapest,... not much into paying over the odds for leg space or music extras

Hope someone can find the price you have seen on that site.

Edited by newbie34
Good price, but the cheapest i can find on ebookers is £524 flying out on a thursday and returning on a wednesday in october.... this is with Qatar airline, flown with them before liked the flight, but Doha for a stopover was a doom hole, but i would go again if the flight was the cheapest,... not much into paying over the odds for leg space or music extras

Hope someone can find the price you have seen on that site.

Hi Guys.

Sorry guys the offers seem to have disappeared from Manchester Airport but

continue for Heathrow Airport.

Dep 6th September and return 4th October at £465.14

Same dates from Manchester at £549.

Re-conley:

The miles redeemed depend on the price of the flight (which in turn is dependant on connection times/date/availability etc.

Therefore if you book a dubai - bkk with 8hr stopover on the right date then they will bill you 67000miles etc (quoting glasgow)....however if you opt for a 2hr stop at a busy time (currently the whole of july/aug is falling into that category just now)..then they will bill you 130000miles.

Also the secret to Dubai is obviously to have a gold or silver card to get into the lounge therefore avoiding the sleeping millions outside.

1 thing to note is that if you book using your miles than there is no charge for as many changes as you wish....so fuck them about a bit and change your flight umpteen times.

This year for my annual pilgrimage back to the UK, i opted for Newcastle departure (already had my Glasgow arrival booked ages ago). this turned out to be half price of a glasgow departure and may be something for all the scots to look at. Newcastle airport itself is a shithole,but the metro connection is so easy that even the train journey from glasgow was a breeze. (booked in advance online total 11.55p single) Note also the jordies are getting hit with the airbus A330 and NOT the boeing 777 that glasgow gets. Slightly smaller seat pitch and not the full ICE system but rather 12 odd preset channels.

sounds like a good price but what are the transfer delays for connecting flights to Bangkok, when I have looked before at Finnair the connecting flights are always long time will wait maximam 3hrs cosidering the time spent traveling overall
I am also a gold card member but have just redeemed my airmiles for a free econmy flight, last time I bought a free flight with airmiles I paid 68,000 miles this time 130,000 which now means every 8 flights return Thailand 1 free flight before every 4 times, goodbye Emirates, Eithad nearly as good and much cheaper :ang2

Well yesterday i booked a flight on Emirates(Manchester-BKK) with redeemed airmiles and it was 68,000 miles plus £65 taxes.I think you'll find the 130,000 miles is for Economy peak(whatever that is?).I found it very difficult getting on the dates i wanted on economy,a lot of the flights coming up on the website were Economy Peak,business or first class.With some of my airmiles about to expire i ended up booking a date well in advance(May 09),but at least i've got the flight sorted out for that trip although i'll be doing 2 trips before that one!!!

Edited by THE_DRUID
  • 2 weeks later...
I am also a gold card member but have just redeemed my airmiles for a free econmy flight, last time I bought a free flight with airmiles I paid 68,000 miles this time 130,000 which now means every 8 flights return Thailand 1 free flight before every 4 times, goodbye Emirates, Eithad nearly as good and much cheaper :bigsmile:

I am a silver card member and have just returned from Thailand using a reward flight which I got for 67,500miles , by booking the reward on-line. The 130,000 miles figure sounds more like the "peak economy" ticket price, if you search by varying the dates you can get the 67,500 flight if you go for the off-peak flight time. I managed to get a 5 week duration return flight. :D

I also was given a free business class upgrade on the BKK-DXB leg on my reward flight. That means I have had 1 sector business class upgrades on my last 2 trips with Emirates :D

Edited by TheFiend
I really hate stopping over at Dubai.

Apart from the size and construction, there is an awful smell of body odor from the hundreds of workers who are sleeping on the floors waiting for trips to the Indian Sub Continent.

If you are anyway sensitive to a persavive strong body odour, do not stop over at Dubai.

But the best Duty Free somewhat compensates for that.

Best price I could find for late October (My next trip) is £524 through Opodo

Etihad Manchester 28.10.08 20:20 arrives Bangkok 18:45 29.10.08

Bangkok 25.11.08 9:05 arrives Manchester 17:35

Both via Abu Dhabi

Going with Finn air used to be an okay experience, I have used them about 8 or 9 times from Europe to Thailand from 1996 to November 2007. :nod

To my experience they have had nice modern clean planes, good and swift service and good price deals on and off, (like this one). :D Right now they are having a big campaign with good prices to Asia, (Beijing, Tokyo, Manila, Bangkok). :thumbup

The stopover in Helsinki has always been okay, nice good airport, good tax free shopping, some god food, and they used to have a sauna with servings of beer, :gulp (I don´t know if it´s still there although, It was the last time I went with them, Nov. 2007). :D

Sounds like a good deal to me! :banghead

Good luck!

:moon

I saw the Finn Air aircraft when I was at Bangkok airport recently and it looked tiny...I think it was an MD11.

Also the outward layover in Helsinki of 5 hours is too much for me (ex Man). Return offers either a late evening arrival at Manchester, or sleeping in a seat at Helsinki... no thanks.

Good price though.

Edited by jacko

I've just checked Opodo and found that £524 fare I bought a few days ago is no longer available and the current prices for the autumn are £600 +. I think the days of return fares to LOS of sub £500 are gone and to blame is the high price of fuel. This is obviously going to impact on Pattaya !.

Edited by Daveuk
I've just checked Opodo and found that £524 fare I bought a few days ago is no longer available and the current prices for the autumn are £600 +. I think the days of return fares to LOS of sub £500 are gone and to blame is the high price of fuel. This is obviously going to impact on Pattaya !.

Same here. For some reason the prices have just shot up in the last day or two. I looked three days ago for the beginning of the November from Manchester. Prices available were £511.20 with Qatar and £527.60 with Etihad and many others with other airlines and/or slightly different prices/times were available.

Today the cheapest I can find for the dates I was looking for is £606.60 with Etihad. Some airlines some to have completely withdrawn from the flight booking sites. Qatar is now showing a price which would be more suitable for business class rather than economy £1500+.

Something a bit fishy going on. I checked for flights to Bangkok and Manila as well with various dates and everything seems to have gone up considerably.

The airlines all seem to have put up their prices at the same. Hopefully they will come back down again. Maybe it is a glitch in the system - being Sunday - I will give it a week or so. I really don't fancy paying £600, £700 or even £800 for what was £480 - £530 a few days ago. Maybe, it will be Blackpool for me this year. On the bright side this could be the end of Pattaya lager lout - Thailand maybe getting that bit too expensive.

Edited by johnboy1

Its always dearer from Glasgow. £720 with china airlines is the cheapest I could find for November. Thats up from £550 last year with Emirates. Emirates was always the cheapest for me, but not any more. If the hotels and P4P are both up, I might give it a miss until low season next year.