Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Monthly rent a studio 5000 baht range

Hi

I`m looking to make a solo jouney to Los June 09 onwards, have checked with Dave @ Canterbury Tales cafe and the room available for my price range is booked out.

My question is, can you get a room for under £100 p/m that includes air con (essential), room safe & clean, relatively not too far from the action ( i don`t want to live on Sukhumvit , taxi fares will soon add up !)...

I know i am asking a lot, but my searches have not been fruitful, your expertise in this matter would be a great help guys..

Thanks in Advance

Sanuk Scouser

you are asking a lot mate.The only places i can think of is Pattay Tai areas,like soi bongkot,but very much thai and can be a bit dangerus for some.

BTW

Forget air con free,as this can be at least 2-2,500 baht a month.

try soi arunothi,nirun condo complex but 5,000 might still be too cheap.

I've heard of apartments for less than 5000 baht, but you want one close to all the action, and that's your problem.

The other day on YouTube I saw some Pattaya apartments that the guys said they rented for $180 US. That's about 6300 a month. Anyway, the apartments looked pretty good, but I think they are over on the other side of Sukhumvit somewhere near a Thai boxing training place. So you'd probably need a car or a motorbike.

J

It will be a balancing act of distance/facilities and cost.

Whereas 1 might be good they other 2 wont be etc etc.

Personally i stay not far from the Bongkot area as one poster suggested. It is a stone throw from south rd. 6000baht (and usually 1000 electric).

The good news is it has swimming pool, 24hr security, lift, net cafe,snooker,sauna and thai-priced restuarant all built into the condo block! The condos are all falang style with Balcony,tv,air,fridge and hot shower etc.

In theory you could get the south rd baht bus route cheaply although i would suggest hiring a bike. (which they also do at the condo).

Personally i dont think it get much better than this for bangs-per-buck.

Alternatively for a little extra you could stay at Tycoon Place (again on south rd but just before 3rd rd) This is easy walking distance to WS.

You might find something at the Nirun Condos. They don't have in room safes but you can buy one for about 1000 baht. they do have 2 pools and lifts. Walk to Pattayaklang is about 300 meters where Carrefour is located and you can catch a baht bus for 10 baht to either walking St or up to the Big C area. The rooms have A/C but your paying for all utilities and providing your own towels and linen.

Edited by Emil

5000 p/m is pushing it a bit if you dont want to be on

the other side of Suhkumvit. Dont forget at 5000 you

will still have to pay utilities about 1-1500 p/m

If you up it a little and wait till you get to LOS

heaps of guesthouses around Buckaow/ LK Metro

about 7-8000 a month.

Dont want to book over the net for a shithole.

just gotta do a bit of leg work.

I have stayed at Up to You apartments. They are off Soi 15 which runs between soi buakaow and second road (its behind the avenue shopping centres) These places are spotlessly clean, have air con, cable tv, video camera and electronic key entry. they are really close to the action and transport. I was there for 15 months and loved it. I was paying 5000 a month. The owner also runs the Pattaya Bay Resort so if you cant find any links on the web drop them a email and you might have some success.

Edited by biggles

There are rooms out there in that price range in decent locations.

Central Apartments on soi 1 have rooms from 5,000 a month. You need to sign a six month lease though. Small but looked OK. Soi 5 Apartments were in the 7,000 a month range, in the middle of soi 5. Winner Inn above the shopping centre at the Dolphin Roundabout were a similar price. All have aircon. Daeng Apartments near soi AR were about 7k as well I think but I didn't like the location so didn't check the rooms out. (I looked at these rooms over the last two years so prices may have changed slightly.)

I should add that these rooms were all very bare. Really geared up to an expat who lives in Pattaya and able to buy a few bits and pieces to make the rooms a bit more homely.

I'd think for 7 -8,000 a month you could find a nice room in Naklua or Jomtien if you'd consider staying there.

I stayed on soi lk metro last year and enjoyed the location, I'd be interested to see if you can find somewhere there in your 7-8k price range. Good luck.

Thanks for the info guys.. i will set my sights a bit higher & stop bein a tight bastard i think! 7-8000 will hopefully secure a deal on Soi Bukhaow, any suggestions for that ??

Sanuk Scouser

Even at your revised rate you will still have to budget for 2/3000 baht for electricity(depending on how much you use it) as that is AFAIK never free no matter how much per month you are paying.

You will also be paying for water which can be anything that the landlord asks but normaly about 250 baht a month.As cheap charlie I like my rent cheap but usualy am happy with rent and utilities that come under 11,000 baht a month and on soi Buakhow.

Edited by sinbinjack
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, there are places in the 5K range. But the nicer ones are somewhat out of the way so you'd have to add in a motobike rental.

Up 2 Apartments also have cheaper fan rooms too. Generally all booked up.

My main input is don't rent any place for longer than a month. There are many reasons why u might want to change locations after a month.

Can anyone provide any contact / e-mail details for UP2 U apartments, if you`re coming out of PBR, do you hang a left or right towards Soi Bukaow??

Sanuk Scouser

For contact why not try PBR if they're under the same ownership? You head towards Soi Buakaow, as you near the intersection you should see a sign pointing down a driveway to the UP2 U apartments. Not a big place and they may have had a price increase since biggles stayed.

Can anyone provide any contact / e-mail details for UP2 U apartments, if you`re coming out of PBR, do you hang a left or right towards Soi Bukaow??

Sanuk Scouser

Walked by today just for you :D

email: UP2UApartments@hotmail.com

Telephone: 038-723-722

FAX: 038-723-676

For more information call Yuphin Bussi at 081-436-0938

DETAILS FOR MONTHLY RENTALS:

Fan room 3,500 bht. A/C room 6,000 A/C with linen & cleaning 7,000

Security Deposit required for move-in 3,000 which is refundable only if staying minimum of 3 months.

Water is 150 bht./unit.

Electricity is 6.5 bht./unit with each room having its own meter.

Daily Rates are 500 bht. per night including linen, cleaning, water and electricity.

Located as described by Emil with less than a 2 min. walk down the lane to the building from Soi 15.

I didn't look at the rooms but did get an info sheet which goes into a lot of details re the building. Ask on the board or PM me if you need more information.

-redwood

DETAILS FOR MONTHLY RENTALS:

Fan room 3,500 bht. A/C room 6,000 A/C with linen & cleaning 7,000

Water is 150 bht./unit.

Electricity is 6.5 bht./unit with each room having its own meter.

Security Deposit required for move-in 3,000 which is refundable only if staying minimum of 3 months.

-redwood

So, if you stay less than 3 months, you dont get the deposit back, which means if you like to stay only a month the monthly cost for an AC room is actually 6000 baht + 3000 baht for the deposit + 1000 baht for linen and cleaning which comes to 10000 baht, and then you have to add more still for water and electric, so the total bill for a month stay is closer to 12000 baht! :bigsmile:

Still not too bad I guess!

Plahgat