Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I Stayed here back in 2008 and had a great stay. My room was on the 1st floor next to Club Blu so it was a bit noisy, but other than that, no complaints.

I have to say however, that since Kevin stopped running the day to day business of the hotel, it has fallen far from where it once was.

I was planning on staying a month in Pattaya and negotiated a monthy rate with the hotel. The rate included breakfast for 2. When I arrived, I was told they no longer included breakfast. I produced hard copies of the email traffic and the agreement that breakfast was included.

Her response was to include breakfast for one person. I am not a monger (no offense against those who are) and I checked into the hotel with my thai fiance. Tell me one reptuable hotel that would even consider a proposal of only serving breakfast to one of the guests?

2nd, the phone line didnt work in my room. She sent up a new phone, which also didn't work. I was assured this would be taken care of tomorrow ( this was over a week ago) I have stopped even asking about it because I know nothing is going to happen.

Third, after receiving a 200thb tip from me TG, the cleaning lady proceeded to tell her she needs to start taking her own garbage down the 6 flights of stairs, as it was too much work for her to do. The owner of the hotel repeated this to her the next time she left the hotel.

Lastly, I left the hotel around 8am for breakfast, left the "please clean room" sign hanging from the door. After breakfast I went and got a massage and ran some errands and got back to the hotel around 1120. The housekeepers were sitting in the lobby drinking coffee and my room is still not clean.

The breakfast was the closing deal on why I chose this place, now I am just here out of laziness to find a new hotel. I still might, because i paid a bit in advance and have a few days left.

This place will try and pressure you to pay your entire stay in advance DO NOT DO IT. I only paid a week and i am regretting it.

It is really too bad too, this used to be a great place, Kevin, you need to come back and take things over, your wife is running things into the ground.

I was about to mail Kevin for a reservation. I have stayed there three times and haven't had any major issues. Kevin still handles the reservations as per a mail he recently sent me. Looks like his absence from the venue has taken its toll... You should mail this to him and get a response...

This is sad news indeed.

Have stayed at the Jasmine a few times and it had become my home from home. Terrible waste of what was a lovely place to stay.

...after receiving a 200thb tip from me TG, the cleaning lady proceeded to tell her she needs to start taking her own garbage down the 6 flights of stairs, as it was too much work for her to do...etc.
LOL! The cleaning lady would have a hell of a time climbing over the trash I left in the hallway! :clueless

If true (and we haven't heard the owner's side yet), this would be just another story of a farang owner trying to put a business on "auto-pilot" and walk away. It doesn't work. Left alone, a farang place becomes a Thai place by default.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. There is plenty of reasonably-priced accomodation in that area so you shouldn't have trouble finding new digs.

If true (and we haven't heard the owner's side yet), this would be just another story of a farang owner trying to put a business on "auto-pilot" and walk away. It doesn't work. Left alone, a farang place becomes a Thai place by default.

There are loads of decent Thai owned and run places in Pattaya. Blaming the Thais in general for what amounts to no more than crap management is stretching things a bit. :clueless

LOL! The cleaning lady would have a hell of a time climbing over the trash I left in the hallway!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. There is plenty of reasonably-priced accomodation in that area so you shouldn't have trouble finding new digs.

The owners are going through a divorce. Thats why Kevin isnt there running it.

I was worried that might happen. Kevin ran a tight ship and you couldnt be sure Jin would keep it up. Taking your own trash out is ludicrous and as you said, the breakfast was a plus as you could get it sent to your room if you were hungover.

Thanks for the warning.

There are loads of decent Thai owned and run places in Pattaya. Blaming the Thais in general for what amounts to no more than crap management is stretching things a bit. <grin

Hey, i iusually tip 100bt a day to the housekeeper. I tip 200 ifi trash the room the night before, party, food everywhere, etc. I expect the girl to clran my room and do a good job when I tip 200. I do not expecct ,my finace to be told to take her own garbage down the stairs.

When I leave for breakfast at 7 or 8am I expect my room to be clean when I return at noon. This was the level of service I got back when Kevin ran the place and it is the level of service that is standard in a multitude of hotels in Pattaya. I am checking out tomorrow and I will give a full report when I check in.

I only tip 20bht a day. Thats about an hours wage to them.

Holy shit 200B tip for cleaning room is way over the top.As for being an hrs wage thats rediculous.

Minimum wage in Thailand is around 365B a DAY.

I think my next career is as a maid in Thailand. If I can clean 30 rooms a day...lol

I'm a LDOP and I only tip 20 - 50 baht, and that's not every day, only when I catch the maid or need extra towels.

Holy shit 200B tip for cleaning room is way over the top.As for being an hrs wage thats rediculous.

not even close to 365 a day.check this web site for accurate and up to date (June2008,last increase af far as I know )

http://www.mapfoundationcm.org/eng/news/mi...wage_07_08.html

The cleaners in my condo last year got 170 baht for a 10 hour day,I gave them a 200 baht tip at the end of my 3 month stay plus they got all my rubbish which the searched sorted and sold on what they could.

Edited by sinbinjack

I believed he said .20 baht tip, which is about a hour wage as a housekeeping person.

LeoTex

PS; I tip the hotel cleaning lady about 100 baht every couple of days. Takes care of extra towels or what ever extras I need. No, not those extras.

not even close to 365 a day.check this web site for accurate and up to date (June2008,last increase af far as I know )

http://www.mapfoundationcm.org/eng/news/mi...wage_07_08.html

The cleaners in my condo last year got 170 baht for a 10 hour day,I gave them a 200 baht tip at the end of my 3 month stay plus they got all my rubbish which the searched sorted and sold on what they could.

only 200 baht :banghead after a 3 month stay.

LDOP for cleaning lady.

Dude,that's a whopping 2.2b per day.

Not quite that bad as my condo only gets a clean and linen change twice a week.I also dont see that my giving, someone who is alredy paid to do a job, a days pay as a tip is anything but generous. I come from a country that pays its employees a wage and does not expect them to make their living from tips unlike some jobs in the USA.Just to add I am only one of many who tip, so even at my rate the ladies that clean in the condo that I use are very well tipped.

PS there are some days when apart from food I don't spend 200Baht

Not quite that bad as my condo only gets a clean and linen change twice a week.I also dont see that my giving, someone who is alredy paid to do a job, a days pay as a tip is anything but generous. I come from a country that pays its employees a wage and does not expect them to make their living from tips unlike some jobs in the USA.Just to add I am only one of many who tip, so even at my rate the ladies that clean in the condo that I use are very well tipped.

PS there are some days when apart from food I don't spend 200Baht

&^#% cheapskate

The cleaning ladys at this hotel did not get any tip from me when staying last week, i tip if the job is done, but the room was dirty, no new soap, no washing of the drinking glas, some day no cleaning at all and some day as late as 6 pm!

The security at the hotel also sucks, sometime there was no staff to be seen and the "Secured" door up to the guestrooms was newer locked.

There is no restaurant anymore, and the minibar in the room containes 2 coke, 2 other sodas and drinkingwater.

:finger I will never stay there again.

The cleaning ladys at this hotel did not get any tip from me when staying last week, i tip if the job is done, but the room was dirty, no new soap, no washing of the drinking glas, some day no cleaning at all and some day as late as 6 pm!

The security at the hotel also sucks, sometime there was no staff to be seen and the "Secured" door up to the guestrooms was newer locked.

There is no restaurant anymore, and the minibar in the room containes 2 coke, 2 other sodas and drinkingwater.

:thumbup I will never stay there again.

Theyve done away with the restaurant?

How much did you pay?

Theyve done away with the restaurant?

How much did you pay?

Yes, the first morning i sat down and asked for the menu, and was told there were no kitchen anymore, only drinks could be ordered.

I payed 600 Baht/night.