Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 484 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Gooses Fish and Chips...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhat shocked that my fellow countrymen would use Long Johns Silver as a measure of the best fish and chips available in the US. Long Johns Silver is the McDonald's of fast food fish. Grew up in New England and there are plenty of places to get excellent fish and chips (made with real fresh cod).

Don't worry dude...Jamie Oliver's here now to save us :beer

Bid D. Sorry to say it, but if you are talking about Breaded Cod, Mashed Potatoes and Baked Beans you're way off the mark on this thread. The traditional British meal is similar to the pic below. No offence.

Fish_and_Chips.jpg

FWIW some of the best fish and chips I had on my recent stay in Pattaya was in Pattaya Beer Garden for, I think, 190 baht. Secrets also does a nice job with them. Not sure about the species of fish in either but both were bloody nice.

Now that looks like fish and chips proper,just like my gf does.We have been many times to different places to try fish and chiips,and the best restaraunt was one on Sukhumvit rd,just past soi chaiapruk,but closed now.The best ever is still gf cooking

Seaside is ok for me, not the best but lots of it for about 150THB. I like P&W too but beer is rip off price IMO.
There and the Cool house are popular farang cheap eating houses. The vegetables are tasteless, but portions big, prices low.

Nice to eat in AC away from smoke.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
had a meal there last night before the England disaster..very impressed, would defianately go again.

Not too bad is it i ate there twice last trip :beer

I did a return visit to this place recently.

Usual fayre for me, cod, chips and mushy peas.

This time the peas were the real deal, but not much of them

Chips were on the small side, and the servings were smallish (for a northern lad).

The fish was not as good as the previous visit, it didn't seem to be as fresh and was a curled up end piece.

I also think the prices have gone up but at a bit, over 600 baht for 2 lots and 2 soft drinks, but still reasonable.

Again a bright clean place to eat, there is a wait for the food as it is freshly cooked. Service is polite.

Fish and chips is available all over town, and generally a touch cheaper, but you often get the freshwater fishes which are soft and lack texture.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...