Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

DVD Player in the Hotel Room

Guys,

I will be staying at a hotel (Nature View Hotel on Soi Buoakaw) which does not have DVD players in its rooms.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on where I can rent a DVD player?

I asked the hotel if they rent them or if not where I could get one, there answer was just "no" we do not have a DVD player. Additional e-mails went unanswered, asking if they knew wher I could rent one.. I really do not want to buy one, as I would then have a problem of what to do with it once I leave. I will be in town for only 8 days.

Thanks in adfvance

Guys,

I will be staying at a hotel (Nature View Hotel on Soi Buoakaw) which does not have DVD players in its rooms.

I asked the hotel if they rent them or if not where I could get one, there answer was just "no" we do not have a DVD player. Additional e-mails went unanswered, asking if they knew wher I could rent one.. I really do not want to buy one, as I would then have a problem of what to do with it once I leave. I will be in town for only 8 days.

Thanks in adfvance

you can buy one for about 1000 baht in big c

Guys,

I really do not want to buy one, as I would then have a problem of what to do with it once I leave.

I don't think that they are that expensive to buy over there, when you leave give it to your lady of the night if you had one, or just give it to your maid/cleaner.

Why are you so worried about a Dee Wii Dee player, sorry for asking?

:beer

Guys,

Thanks in adfvance

Why not bring yours with you, if small enough, I did this last trip. Alternatively there is a dvd rental shop in the R-Con Residence, Soi Buakao that rents out players! :thumbup

Edited by stevoman

Buy a small one for 1000 - 1500 baht at Big C as suggested (or Central shopping mall) and take it home with you when you go. Just make sure you buy a multi region one so it works with USA dvd's when you get home. Loads of choice. You will need to check the connections to your hotel TV to make sure you get a scart lead or whatever is required.

Er actually if you are from USA (as it seems) the Thai DVD players are 220-240 volts so won't work in USA unless you spend more money on transformer...............

So just buy it, use it and lose it...............

Like others have said buy a cheapy and take it with you, here in the uk £15-18 and either leave it behind or bring it back. I'd rather create the action than watch it!! HAve a good trip forget about the finer details!! plenty to keep you entertained in los.

Why not bring yours with you, if small enough, I did this last trip. Alternatively there is a dvd rental shop in the R-Con Residence, Soi Buakao that rents out players! :chogdee

He has an American flag. If he has a little, featureless US player and plugs it in in Pattaya, it will be quite spectacular.

He has an American flag. If he has a little, featureless US player and plugs it in in Pattaya, it will be quite spectacular.

I bought a cheap one ($34) in the states about 6 years ago and it was set up to run on 220 and 110 back then. I think today almost all new electronic s like cell phone chargers, laptops and DVDs are designed to run on both.

Back to the original thread, a friend of mine bought one at Carrefour a few months back for about 700 baht, it even could take the USB sticks. They are small enough to haul back home or sell to a 2nd hand shop after your trip or have a friend store it for you until your next trip. I agree why watch movies on a short holiday unless they are XXX rated and you want to use it as a training film for your TGF for the night.

OP, if your that keen on a dvd player I have a spare one here you can borrow, put up a 1000b deposit (100% refundable on return of player) and its yours for the duration of your stay.

Back to the original thread, a friend of mine bought one at Carrefour a few months back for about 700 baht, it even could take the USB sticks.

Definitely the right answer.

They are small enough to haul back home or sell to a 2nd hand shop after your trip or have a friend store it for you until your next trip. I agree why watch movies on a short holiday unless they are XXX rated and you want to use it as a training film for your TGF for the night.

Nah. Give it away to someone who appreciates it - your girl, the room maid. Come on! It's 700 baht fergahdsake.

But the whole idea of a DVD player for a one-week vacation is so utterly vapid... If you need blue movies in Pattaya for a week, you are doing EVERYTHING wrong.

I bought a cheap one ($34) in the states about 6 years ago and it was set up to run on 220 and 110 back then. I think today almost all new electronic s like cell phone chargers, laptops and DVDs are designed to run on both.

Exactly my understanding, surprised that the "GURU" was unaware of this developement! :beer :poke :lovee

Buy a small one for 1000 - 1500 baht at Big C as suggested (or Central shopping mall) and take it home with you when you go. Just make sure you buy a multi region one so it works with USA dvd's when you get home. Loads of choice. You will need to check the connections to your hotel TV to make sure you get a scart lead or whatever is required.

Er actually if you are from USA (as it seems) the Thai DVD players are 220-240 volts so won't work in USA unless you spend more money on transformer...............

So just buy it, use it and lose it...............

Great, I never knew this, thanks.

Guys,

Thanks in adfvance

I am totally agree with your oppinion.this post is very encouraging to people who want to know these topics.

Great, I never knew this, thanks.

I am totally agree with your oppinion.this post is very encouraging to people who want to know these topics.

Likewise for those that insist on having an in room safe, those also can be purchased at outlets like Carrefour starting around 800 baht.

Exactly my understanding, surprised that the "GURU" was unaware of this developement! clueless clueless clueless

Oh, speaking of clueless. In addition to most US players being 110-120V only, most of them will only play NTSC DVDs, or show them on NTSC TVs. This is not as big a problem as the 120V limit, but if you shop carefully you can get 120-200V, and you also can get PAL-capable.

Although why you'd want to carry one from the US is ALMOST as vexing a question as why you'd just HAVE to have one in your Pattaya room for a week.

Joe,

Even here in little ole NZ I have a player measuring 10 X 8 X 1 (inches) and weighing just 3 pounds! Sorry didn't realise that your still using 1960s appliances! :rolleyes:

Oh good, finally. I've been waiting for someone to explain why you've bought one of those to carry it to Thailand for one week in a Pattaya hotel room. I can't think of a reason why, and the OP seems to have taken all the info given to him and absconded. So why would you? I mean EVEN if it has 220V unlike most US players and EVEN if it connects to PAL TVs in Thailand unlike many US players - why did you (or why would you) take it for one week in Pattaya?

why did you (or why would you) take it for one week in Pattaya?

Because the local TV stations are rancid, not everyone plans to be out drinking and fucking 37hrs a day, some like to relax at home and watch a movie now and then.

When traveling (anywhere) I take along my Xtreamer media player loaded with 320gb of movies and tv shows.

Edited by Fondles

Why take a DVD player to LOS?

1. If it can operate with batteries you can watch a movie on the plane.

2. If you have a 2 hour wait between connections you can plug it in and watch a movie.