Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Swimming pools in Pattaya.

I have to say that as I have aged a swimming pool, a lounger, the odd meal or drink and a bit of shade are essential. My problem is that I have stayed at only a few hotels and I was wondering where boardies felt was the best swimming pool in terms of value for money.

I know of some places in Pattaya that I will not stay in because whilst they have a pool, they have no shade.

Others have all of these but no food or drink.

In others the water is a bit suspect.

I would appreciate some feedback on any members comments about this rather important part of the Pattaya experience.

I would also be interested to hear of any rooming houses that have a deal at a reasonable rate for pool useage.

I have to say that as I have aged a swimming pool, a lounger, the odd meal or drink and a bit of shade are essential. My problem is that I have stayed at only a few hotels and I was wondering where boardies felt was the best swimming pool in terms of value for money.

I know of some places in Pattaya that I will not stay in because whilst they have a pool, they have no shade.

I would appreciate some feedback on any members comments about this rather important part of the Pattaya experience.

I would also be interested to hear of any rooming houses that have a deal at a reasonable rate for pool useage.

Best one I've seen is Opey de Place in Soi Lengkee. Great pool, good rooms (get one on the bottom floor) they serve drinks and the potato wedges are to die for. Usually put the mia noi up in there for a rest.

Cheers :wtf: Ken

Edit: wrong name - It's OPey de Place not Maison de Place :::: and Ive stayed ther on at least 5 occasions :grin-jump

Edited by 2 slices short

Hi , try this one , its on 2ed rod ,

hh7net_12897220741.jpg مركز تحميل

hh7net_12897220742.jpg مركز تحميل

The pool at View Talay 2A is excellent value as it is a big kidney-shaped pool with tables and deck chairs, and it's absolutely free if you live or own there. The occasional topless spinner from east Europe is an added bonus.

Best one I've seen is Maison de Place in Soi Lengkee. Great pool, good rooms (get one on the bottom floor) they serve drinks and the potato wedges are to die for. Usually put the mia noi up in there for a rest.

Cheers :devil: Ken

Sounds OK, any web site?

Areca Lodge has 2 very clean pools, both have jacuzzi areas and in the bigger it is easy to swim lengths.

Plenty of shade from the buildings and lots of loungers and umbrellas too.

Food and drink available at both at reasonable prices.

Just called reception for info and they still allow non-guests to use the pool for 200 Baht.

http://www.arecalodge.com

Best one I've seen is Maison de Place in Soi Lengkee. Great pool, good rooms (get one on the bottom floor) they serve drinks and the potato wedges are to die for. Usually put the mia noi up in there for a rest.

Cheers :yikes:: Ken

Unless it has recently changed its name,the hotel is called Opey de Place,and yes its a very good budget hotel.

I personally prefer J&P Court which is just a couple of doors away,which has an equally nice pool.

04a.jpg

Why did this topic get moved?

Bloody hell Martin, is the neverending Cheap Charlie/LDOP debate the only topic permitted in the Members Bar?

Maybe change the section name to Too Much Too Little?

Has anyone seen a hotel employee testing the water or adding chlorine to the water?

Unless it has recently changed its name,the hotel is called Opey de Place,and yes its a very good budget hotel.

I personally prefer J&P Court which is just a couple of doors away,which has an equally nice pool.

Thanks for clearing up that slight confusion know the Opey never had a look in at JP, may try it next year :thumbup

The pool at View Talay 2A is excellent value as it is a big kidney-shaped pool with tables and deck chairs, and it's absolutely free if you live or own there. The occasional topless spinner from east Europe is an added bonus.

View Talay does have a good pool. gotta agree with that

Here is the pool at the Areca Evergreen wing.

ThailandJuly2010027-2.jpg

ThailandJuly2010026-2.jpg

ThailandJuly2010001-1.jpg

In answer to LDK, I think this was probably moved to allow non-members to view it as well as it has no sexual content or photos.

Cheers :gulp: Ken

Now known as Opey de Place and yes, great pool, great shade if required, decent grub, clean rooms very reasonably priced.

Only down side is the floor tiles in the toilets of your room are wall tiles and offer no adhesion what so ever when wet. Making your toilet/shower a skating rink! Fallen twice myself and thankfully both when sober!

The pool at the Dusit Thani is very nice :chogdee

Only problem though is the Thai Gestapo/security jumping out of bushes with flashlights in your face at 3am in the morning while your trying to sneak a BG in, just so you avoid paying the 1000bht fee for an additional guest :D :chogdee :chogdee

Somehow I don't think I will ever stay there again :D :thumbup :thumbup