Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya Beer Garden

I have always found the place to be a great stop

Beit for Breakfast ,lunch,Chillin or Dinner.

Thai seafood salad and whole Lemon and herb Bass excellent :chogdee

Always thought PBG staff were the friendliest in town :unsure: :thumbup

Maybe on all my trips since the place opened I have JUST BEEN LUCKY :thumbup

Hope the place stays just the same

Well done PattayaPete and all your TEAM

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to agree with the place going down hill as of late. I went in last month and ordered a burger, it came with cold fries, that tasted like they had been sitting for a long time. I did someth

Wow, got an answer to my concerns in only an hour and 44 minutes. Thanks for the reply, and giving a heads up on your perspective. It's never easy being in a service industry. I imaging that in a f

Posted Images

I've been there a few times recently (afternoons only) and never had a problem.

The Thai food there costs twice what it would in a Thai food court (or the like) but the portions are twice as large, so it all works out nicely. Excellent Thai food!

And of course the music is normally quite good too.

I've had no problems with the wifi either, for those who like to take their netbooks with them (like me).

This is one dish I always have when in Pattaya , sometimes everyday! Have yet to try it at PBG as the 4-5 times I went there , they were sold out!

Once again I would like to state that Pattaya beer Garden is one of the best restaurants/bars in Pattaya.

It is not as good as value as Sailor bar on Soi 8.

Wine in sailor bar = 50 baht a glass

large cocktail in sailor bar = 60 baht.

Bottled beer in sailor bar = 50 baht or less at all times.

But Pattaya beer garden is better than the sailor bar in many ways.

Free WiFi. .... But not available at the tables on the periphery.

Open air setting. .... Nobody can blow filthy cigarette smoke in your face.

Soothing music at the right noise level in the background.

Some lovely attentive members of staff, that you only need gesture from a distance what you need and they will bring instantly to you. ... The wonderful Tay comes to mind.

The location. ... So easy to get to.

The toilets. ... You could almost dine in them they are that clean.

No hassle. .. nobody tries to rush you along or pester you to buy another beer before you have taken your first gulp.

Papillon will be happy to know bacardi breezers are a reasonable 80 baht..

The view is probably the best in any Pattaya restaurant.

Yes there are a few of the staff that need training but that is the case in most eateries in Pattaya.

Overall it is one of my favourite places relax in Pattaya.

1292223474332.jpg

1292223551561.jpg

Edited by dontcha

I have been a great fan of the Beer Garden. On previous trips, I've been there most days, sometimes twice.

However, I'm just coming to the end of a 4 week trip and have visited only half a dozen times. Pete has still not managed to get the food service problem sorted - in fact, it has got worse IMHO.

Food kept arriving almost cold. I got fed up with that and sent it back on two occasions.

On another occasion, there was a huge gap between tilac's food arriving and mine arriving. She had almost finished her two dishes before my dish arrived - and if I had not reminded the staff, I suspect I'd still be waiting. It wasn't as if mine was anything complicated - it was the "selection of Thai treats", something which is surely ready prepared.

Nor can the blame be placed upon the evening rush. Dishes were arriving almost cold in early afternoon when there were only a few customers.

I really hope Pete can get things sorted because it is a great place when things go right.

I have been a great fan of the Beer Garden. On previous trips, I've been there most days, sometimes twice.

However, I'm just coming to the end of a 4 week trip and have visited only half a dozen times. Pete has still not managed to get the food service problem sorted - in fact, it has got worse IMHO.

Food kept arriving almost cold. I got fed up with that and sent it back on two occasions.

On another occasion, there was a huge gap between tilac's food arriving and mine arriving. She had almost finished her two dishes before my dish arrived - and if I had not reminded the staff, I suspect I'd still be waiting. It wasn't as if mine was anything complicated - it was the "selection of Thai treats", something which is surely ready prepared.

Nor can the blame be placed upon the evening rush. Dishes were arriving almost cold in early afternoon when there were only a few customers.

I really hope Pete can get things sorted because it is a great place when things go right.

Pete has way to many menu items for the kitchen staff to serve efficiently.

Pete has way to many menu items for the kitchen staff to serve efficiently.

Nothing that faster service and heat lamps can't fix.

Timing of foods is just a "TIT" thing.

On another occasion, there was a huge gap between tilac's food arriving and mine arriving. She had almost finished her two dishes before my dish arrived - and if I had not reminded the staff, I suspect I'd still be waiting.

Not an excuse - but I have found that to be the case anywhere I have eaten in Thailand - except the wholly 'western' run restaurants.

The problem is that I think we in the west order and expect everything to be as it is at home and expect everything to arrive at the same time. Thai's don't eat like that and it seems odd when we expect to without warning them.

The major difference between PBG and Thai run places is that you have a boss who wants to try and make sure things are put right when errors occor.

Had another very rare bad meal arrive this afternoon.

Ordered Chicken Cordon Blue with baked potato... Arrived way overcooked and with a half a plate full of mashed potato. The server noticed right away (oh you order flench fly - I take back one minute)... but I had to tell her no as I was eating lunch with someone who was on a tight schedule (short lunch break) and didnt have the time. On top of that, the mixed veggies were apparently added with about 4oz of water and the overcooked chicken was a soggy mess. Wouldnt have been that bad except I really don't enjoy mashed potato unless it has garlic or something in it - I am not a fan of it at PBG, so I never order it. Their baked potatoes are great tho! (its hard to fuck one of those up lol)

This only ever happens in the early afternoon - but it usually does happen in the afternoon. I am going to start skipping the place until evening from now on I think. No sense in paying for a good western meal from a chef that don't know how to cook lol.

That said, in the evening its still one of the best places for western food in town. I just wish the evening cook would take a minute and teach the daytime guy a thing or 3. I hope Pete is reading this and puts his foot down. I would like to put PBG back on the afternoon menu... for now, its not :/

Went in there last night and ordered the roast chicken whilst Tilac ordered Thai food. Her food came out about 10 minutes before mine. Very large portion and she liked it.

When mine came out, the mashed potatoes were spead thinly on the plate like a sauce and a crust had formed on the potatoes. It was piping hot, the lady carried the plate out with an oven glove. Think it was either nuked in a microwave or left sitting on a heater for a long time. Food was dry and tasteless as a result of this. The veg was ok, I'd say these were done fresh. The plate also had 2 large chips taken out of it (as in pieces of the plate not the potato slices)

If I eat in there again, I think I'll stick to fast food like burgers. They were nice when I had them before

Never eaten there but not a bad place for a beer & sometimes a tasty bird.

Regret that I would not eat there again.

Have sent Pete a PM to explain why, as I am not one to wash dirty linen in public.

Sad, as nice location.