Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pattaya Beer Garden

Been going to Pattaya Beer Garden for more than 18 month. The quality of the food, value for money & the service (friendliness of the staff) used to be spot on. Lovely place even to take family & kids out for a good meal.

The experience on my last 2 visits wasn't that great.

Having a table for 2, my partner went to get some Som Tum, but got turned off when she saw a lot of tiny roaches crawling around the place.

When I mentioned it to the waitress just got a smile & she couldn't do anything about it, cause it's been sprayed last night. (didn't even cover or close it)

I had to make a real effort to get my emty glass refilled because the girls were sitting on their arses and chatting, so I decided to pay my bill & leave early.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Also noticed that a lot of the old GOOD staff has left. Lot's of new faces. Was I just unlucky??? You tell me!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to agree with the place going down hill as of late. I went in last month and ordered a burger, it came with cold fries, that tasted like they had been sitting for a long time. I did someth

Wow, got an answer to my concerns in only an hour and 44 minutes. Thanks for the reply, and giving a heads up on your perspective. It's never easy being in a service industry. I imaging that in a f

Posted Images

I guess "unlucky" mate. I had a good meal, enjoyed Beer Laos and had a nice chat with some of the staff, most of whom I have known for quite a time.

Also noticed that a lot of the old GOOD staff has left. Lot's of new faces. Was I just unlucky??? You tell me!

PBG used to be a favourite haunt of mine also. I found the food to be OK but the staff were excelant! However I came back on the 12th Oct this year after a 3 month stay and pretty much all of the "Good" staff bar girls had left, 2 of them left to live with farang's whilst I was there!

Will be back on the 15th Dec Wednesday so hope it hasn't changed that much!

My lady and I go there once every week. Yes, there has been some changes in the service staff, but our experience has been good anyway. We like to sit out from under the roof where it is quieter. Was there Saturday night before the King's birthday. Good food and service. Unfortunately it will be awhile before I get back there as I have returned to the States to do the Christmas "stuff" with the family. See you next year!

Little Roy

Went there two times while on holidays in November (5 of us), both times good service and food. No complaints from any of us. The wife, son and girl friend even said the Thai food was great.

First time myself and mum had the fush and chups (good stuff), second time I had green chicken curry, once again good stuff.

We sat out over the water.

I must admitt i have been there a good few times and my food is always cold, i have had to sent food back many time's, The only reason i go is to meet some friends for the night, as its a good meeting point. from now on i eat before i go there and just order up a few drinks.

I have noticed a huge difference in service if you sit inside vs. outside. I have never had bad service sitting at the bar. And I don’t think I have ever had great service while sitting outside. I didn’t go there much this last trip but in the 30 or 40 times I have been there in the past I would say this rule holds true.

I love the Pattaya Beer Garden!...on my four trips to Thailand I have eaten there at least 15 times....Great food quality, Great Prices.....Great View....Place is very clean......

I am looking foward to visiting Pattaya Beer Garden next month...A great place!...Cheers! ^_^

Having a table for 2, my partner went to get some Som Tum, but got turned off when she saw a lot of tiny roaches crawling around the place.

When I mentioned it to the waitress just got a smile & she couldn't do anything about it, cause it's been sprayed last night. (didn't even cover or close it)

that's pretty much the reality of any restaurant or bar on W/S...or any where else in Pattaya...roaches are everywhere and not just tiny little ones.

take a walk down that tiny soi off Lucifers...where all the bar girls get a quick bite to eat....I've seen cockroaches the size of a silver dollar running up the walls while people are eating...I hate roaches...and ratz too.

I'll continue to eat at places that I haven't seen any roaches in the seating areas...but, you gotta belieb they are all over the restaurant kitchens of Pattaya.

spied one of the biggest freaking roaches ever... crawling across the bar at Wonderful 1 on soi Yamato and 2nd Road one night... a quick thinking bar girl crushed the fucker with a beer condom...I was truly impressed with her take charge attitude..... and bar fined her. :thumbup

I have noticed a huge difference in service if you sit inside vs. outside. I have never had bad service sitting at the bar. And I don’t think I have ever had great service while sitting outside. I didn’t go there much this last trip but in the 30 or 40 times I have been there in the past I would say this rule holds true.

Yeah, I noticed that too. we always sat out on the water, and it was hard getting a refill. Still, it is a quality place and we enjoyed going there.

Pattaya beer garden is not a place to go look for a young cutie.

It is the best place to chill out in Pattaya.

The food portions are large and reasonably priced, alcohol is reasonably priced.

The food is exvellent by most standards.

The view is fantastic.

They have free WiFi.

I normally get great service there and the waitresses remember what you like to drink.

Nobody tries to rush you into eating quickly.

I dont eat there now but if I were on my own I probably would.

Overall a great place.

I'm going to agree with the place going down hill as of late. I went in last month and ordered a burger, it came with cold fries, that tasted like they had been sitting for a long time. I did something that I never do, took it out on the tip, and didn't leave one. As I walked out, I noticed others had not eaten their fries as well. A few days later, it happened again, I didn't leave a tip. The next time I was in, my GF told the server that I was moho because of the fries, and I wanted them hot this time, or no tip. They came piping hot. Like any restaurant, there are always little things I'd like different, but little things are just that, little things. I do understand that they are serving people from all over the world, and we all expect things a little different than each other.

While in there not long ago, the nacho's sounded good. I asked if there was melted cheese on them. I ended up with six ladies, and two men at the table trying to understand what I was asking. My Gf told them what I was asking in Thai. None knew the answer. I guess they serve the food with out ever looking at it. It was a simple question, and should have been answerable by one of the eight people at the table. (I didn't order the Nacho's)

Just a few nights ago I was in there, it wasn't really busy. I counted 16 staff members either sitting, or leaned up against something talking to each other. I understand having to staff for a busy night, but it seamed that with so many staff doing nothing, they could have cleaned, re-stocked, gave extra service, or something. I did something I have done many times there. I looked around for PattayaPeat, and didn't see him. In over two years of going there, you would think I would have met him at least once, or even seen him. I've met his son while out and about one night. But never the man who's restaurant I eat in weekly. Come to think about it, I've never met anyone that that has identified themselves as manager.

As an expat, I make an effort to frequent farang owned business in Pattaya. Farang owned bars, restaurants, and gogo's. I know, or am acquainted with the owners, and managers in all of them. But the restaurant I have eaten in more than any other in Pattaya, I couldn't pick the owner and manager of PBG out of a line up of three people. Weird huh?

• Downvote 2

I apologize unreservedly to anyone who gets less that top service and food at The Pattaya Beer Garden. We strive to be the best that we can and when we fail to meet our high objectives it distresses me. My distress however does not compensate customers who have a less than stellar experience. We do however have some policies in place to do just that.

On the last page of the Menu you will find our guarantee that your experience at the Beer Garden will be a good one. If it is not then you may request an item be replaced or a full refund given. All managers and staff understand this guarantee and that the person who decides what is unacceptable is the customer. In the unlikely event that the guarantee is not honored in a timely and friendly fashion by the staff or Duty Managers there is an email address (info@pattayabeergarden.com) that you may write to for a double refund. I get those emails.

We have two Duty Manager during the day shift and at night two Duty Managers and two Assistant Managers, patrolling the Beer Garden. They all wear name badges identifying their position. There job is to spot problems before they occur or to fix them immediately they do occur. If you experience any problem please ask to speak with one of them. They are pretty good at fixing things and are trained to do so with minimum fuss.

I’d like to cover some of the things mentioned above. I am not making excuses but would like to point out where problems can occur and what we do about them.

STAFF: We have over 60 staff and although our management and cooking teams remain stable there is always a fairly high turn over in serving staff. The skill level of serving staff will vary. Some have been with us since day 1 but we always have new people starting. They all receive training but some are no doubt better than others. They all pass a basic English test but new staff can have difficulty understanding some customers. If your server is inadequate ask for the Duty Manager. They will take over serving you and also note the staff member who caused the problem and put them in for further training.

FOOD NOT HOT: This seems to be more of a problem at this time of year. The cool winds that make the Beer Garden so pleasant can also cause food to cool down very quickly. Managers are aware of this and make considerable effort to get the food to the tables quickly once it is cooked. A delay of just a couple of minutes can make a big difference. If we mess up please do send the food back or request a refund. We never expect customers to eat cold food.

BUGS. Yes it is a constant battle to keep the bugs under control. The Beer Garden is sprayed by a professional bug control company once a month and the kitchen is sprayed every night after closing time. It’s an endless battle in Pattaya but we do all we can including maintaining high hygiene standards in the kitchen. Som Tum corner, where customers may make free Som Tum for themselves is cleaned every 30 minutes by the cleaning staff. However as customers are making the food themselves we can not control the cleanliness they exhibit. Som Tum is on the Menu for 60 baht and may be ordered from the kitchen. If you choose to make it yourself for free then it may be necessary to clean up after a messy customer.

WHERE’S PATTAYAPETE. The Beer Garden is open 16 hours a day, 365 days a year. It is obviously impossible for me to be there all the time or even a majority of the time. That’s why we have so many Duty Managers and Assistant Managers in place. I am there most evenings between 7 and 10 pm but I maintain a low profile. Our Managers have to be able to deal with all problems that arise without relying on me or Ann. When they fail to do so I really do appreciate receiving an email or having details posted on the forums.

I take all complaints seriously and they are always followed up and where possible improvements made.

WHY WE HAVE A GUARANTEE

Ideally we would provide top service every time to every customer. Sadly I know we fall short of this ideal. The Beer Garden is one of the busiest restaurants in Pattaya and we serve well over 500 meals every day. That’s a lot of meals and a lot of chances for something to go wrong.

The reality of dealing with Thai staff can be daunting. The level of service we require our staff to give does not come naturally to a lot of Thais. We pay our service staff well and do expect them to strive hard to reach the required levels of service. However striving and reaching are two different things and some do not make the grade. New staff have a month to reach the levels we require. Some make it, some don’t but while they are learning all probably fall short at one time or another.

That’s why we have a guarantee and will cheerfully refund your money when we don’t meet your required standards.

Sorry for being so long winded but I really do care and will make every effort to ensure our customers have a good experience. My passion for achieving this can be a bit wordy :-)

Pete. A really great and I believe sincere response.

IMHO the PBG has been the one most important addition to Pattaya in the last couple of years. I have to admit that I do not much fancy the free lancers but I like them being there. I have never had a bad meal or have I had poor service. I have however been in the catering business and know that apathy happens and it it great that Pete is aware and tries to be pro active.

As I say, the PBG has added a place where an hour a night at least is well invested when I am in Patts and its wonderful value for money.

Finally, well done to those that put complaints in. I believe your problems to be real and in your integrity also and its only by doing this that standards will be up held.

Been going to Pattaya Beer Garden for more than 18 month. The quality of the food, value for money & the service (friendliness of the staff) used to be spot on. Lovely place even to take family & kids out for a good meal.

I had to make a real effort to get my emty glass refilled because the girls were sitting on their arses and chatting, so I decided to pay my bill & leave early.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Interesting first post. I hope you will become a regular participant on this forum.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

You who????

Been a loyal customer ever since PBG opened doors. Four visits during the last eight days and nothing has changed much for me (Maybe the prices have gone up during the last 7 months..), Only each time I went there with a different girl in tow. Jen the good old Secrets' girl still waits tables and has the same smiling face.

I have been lucky every time I guess. You tell me...

Edited by sick buffalo

I have been to PBG several times and put it on my to do list daily. My meals have always been served to my liking and the staff gracious.

I also appreciate your response and concern with BM problems with your establishment. I wish you the greatest sucess with your business and will be a long time customer..

I have been to PBG several times and put it on my to do list daily. My meals have always been served to my liking and the staff gracious.

I also appreciate your response and concern with BM problems with your establishment. I wish you the greatest sucess with your business and will be a long time customer..

Can only echo those sentiments, its a good place built on sound business ethics, occasionally things will go wrong although i can only think of positive experiences in the dozen or so times i have been there.

Sorry for being so long winded but I really do care and will make every effort to ensure our customers have a good experience. My passion for achieving this can be a bit wordy :-)

Pete

Thanks for the reply, you got it in one when you said the above.

I frequent the PBG on a regular basis, love to sit and have a cold beer early afternoon with a couple of friends and put the world to rights. Only eaten there a couple of times but cannot say I have had a bad experience.

Keep up the good work..

FOOD NOT HOT: This seems to be more of a problem at this time of year. The cool winds that make the Beer Garden so pleasant can also cause food to cool down very quickly. ...

Hi Peter,

The cold plates because of the wind is a well know problem in South of France (and certainly many others places) where we have many days of blue sky and pleasant temperatures... but wind.

Many restaurants with terrace use what we call a "cloche", a metal cover that reduce the lost of heat. Maybe it could be a solution in some case ? (only a suggestion)

FOOD NOT HOT: This seems to be more of a problem at this time of year. The cool winds that make the Beer Garden so pleasant can also cause food to cool down very quickly. Managers are aware of this and make considerable effort to get the food to the tables quickly once it is cooked. A delay of just a couple of minutes can make a big difference. If we mess up please do send the food back or request a refund. We never expect customers to eat cold food.

Would it help if food on plates had metal covers on till it was served on to the table??

Very good reply by the owner of PGB. He has look at the complaints put on this thread and answered accordingly. Importantly He has given a contact that guarantees it will go straight to him. Top effort. I always stop in there when in town at different times and will make sure I do again.

Edited by ausmagoo