Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+1   Learn to give directions in Thai   And especially if you're packing a bit of luggage   the the rank is the way to go, no muss no fuss, out the door insist on one of the larger taxis (with l

Posted Images

I'm posting this from the CIP Lounge at Swampy. One of Mr Dream's drivers picked me up in Jomtien exactly at 1.30 a.m. and I stepped out of the car at the airport at 2.40 a.m. Very smooth ride, as have all the 20+ trips I've taken with Dream or one of his drivers.

Evil

:devil

Hi Guys

Can the cars take 3 Adult's and 1 child age 9 plus all the luggage or should i look for something bigger.

No, the average taxi can't. But meter cabs from the airport also include some bigger vehicles, or you could pre-book a particular type.

Here is an example, not a recommendation.

• 1 month later...

everyone goes on about mrT when i arrive i go to the 3rd floor and flag any taxi

and tell them use meter they will try to give you flat rate tell them meter or go to

another its 850 baht on the meter to jomtien thats why they want a flat rate 1200

baht its not a if you have no choice at the 3rd floor on my return i use ray at the

top of soi 7 800+ tolls it the first shop on the left just past 7/11 soi 7

PT taxis, never let me down yet.

just got in last night. Went to the desk and the girl said 1500.She told me that my 1000 offer was unacceptable and told me to speak to the drivers myself. 5 min later I was in a newish car and the driver was maybe the best courteous and safe driver I've ever experienced anywhere. He even had his mirrors adjusted correctly. :thumbup 1100 all in including tolls and tip.

everyone goes on about mrT when i arrive i go to the 3rd floor and flag any taxi

and tell them use meter they will try to give you flat rate tell them meter or go to

another its 850 baht on the meter to jomtien thats why they want a flat rate 1200

baht its not a if you have no choice at the 3rd floor on my return i use ray at the

top of soi 7 800+ tolls it the first shop on the left just past 7/11 soi 7

You don't have any choice at all getting a taxi from the third floor - there's no road outside, only a couple of footbridges to the car parks. As for the meter, it's only applicable for journeys that start and finish within the Bangkok Metropolitan Area.

Edited by CheshireTom

just got in last night. Went to the desk and the girl said 1500.She told me that my 1000 offer was unacceptable and told me to speak to the drivers myself. 5 min later I was in a newish car and the driver was maybe the best courteous and safe driver I've ever experienced anywhere. He even had his mirrors adjusted correctly. :thumbup 1100 all in including tolls and tip.

That's exactly what I do - speak directly to the drivers who are waiting at the booths for their fares. The people manning the booths couldn't care less as long as you keep smiling and they get their 50 Baht.

How can you tell if he had his mirrors adjusted correctly, unless you are the exact same height and weight as him and sat in the drivers seat? :clueless :clueless

Pt taxi service are reliable and as good as any, 1000 baht from swampy to patts. I usually give the driver 120 baht for the tolls plus a tip if he hasn't given me a coronary during the journey. Good lads, they load up your luggage and take it to hotel reception on arrival, so all in all a decent service.

I know it's basic stuff, but in each email I always give my hotel & flight details etc, and ask what would happen in the event of a delay on my part, plus a contact no if he's not there. Pt always reply with confirmation and info. I always reconfirm via email on the day before travel .

Cheers

Butch.

You don't have any choice at all getting a taxi from the third floor - there's no road outside, only a couple of footbridges to the car parks. As for the meter, it's only applicable for journeys that start and finish within the Bangkok Metropolitan Area.

It is beyond the local boundaries but what happens is the rate per km climbs over certain breaks and as it turns out a taxi to Pattaya say 130 Km will be as much or more than Mr. T. and tolls would be on top of that.

Over 60 km the rate is 8 1/2 Baht per km vs. only 5 Baht in town.

I asked a driver if he'd take me to Ayutthaya and he said sure and gave me the rate card to look at. Not the worst prices when you compare to a 15 km limo trip on zoned fares where I live is 1,500 Baht. Vs. 107 on the rate card for Bangkok.

Here is a rate card. It goes up to 1400 km, 875 miles for under $400.

Rate card.jpg

Edited by Grandpollo

Mr t driver service works for me. I've used him a number of times and so far the driver has always been on time Cost was 1K including tools.

Mr t driver service works for me. I've used him a number of times and so far the driver has always been on time Cost was 1K including tools.

Is Mr T still around? Only seen his son lately and they just hire drivers anyway so one is at the mercy of the one behind the wheel.

How can you tell if he had his mirrors adjusted correctly, unless you are the exact same height and weight as him and sat in the drivers seat? :clueless :clueless

I think your observational skills are a bit lacking.

Is Mr T still around? Only seen his son lately and they just hire drivers anyway so one is at the mercy of the one behind the wheel.

I used his service about a week ago. So far all his drivers have driven safely. I will continue to use his service. :thumbup

It is beyond the local boundaries but what happens is the rate per km climbs over certain breaks and as it turns out a taxi to Pattaya say 130 Km will be as much or more than Mr. T. and tolls would be on top of that.

Over 60 km the rate is 8 1/2 Baht per km vs. only 5 Baht in town.

I asked a driver if he'd take me to Ayutthaya and he said sure and gave me the rate card to look at. Not the worst prices when you compare to a 15 km limo trip on zoned fares where I live is 1,500 Baht. Vs. 107 on the rate card for Bangkok.

Here is a rate card. It goes up to 1400 km, 875 miles for under $400.

Rate card.jpg

As I said, the meter is only valid for journeys that Start and Finish within the BMA. You can do a return trip from BKK to Pattaya on the meter (start and finish in BKK) - examples of one-way prices to selected provinces outside of the BMA are shown on the reverse of the card.

What happens is you flip the rate card over and it gives you fixed one-way prices to other provinces. The driver will have a full list or agree a price with you. The rates below are from 2006.

Edited by CheshireTom

but have you seen mr T?

Why would I be interested in hunting down Mr T. My interest in Mr T is limited to does his driver show up on time and he drives savely.

Why would I be interested in hunting down Mr T. My interest in Mr T is limited to does his driver show up on time and he drives savely.

I'm zero for three with mr T and I have a feeling his son isn't up to the task. If someone else was paying I still wouldn't use them..

thats shite why was my driver willing to use the meter (because a fare is cash and thats what they are there for )

That was your driver from the third floor, right? :thumbup

I read the rate card you included for various provinces, but Chonburi was not listed. Any idea why? Might it be that they can negotiate rates (or use the meter)?