Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

My current plans are to try for 3 x one month trips a year to Pattaya. For 28 days my prefered accommodation in February/March will be costing me about 38000 baht and I was wondering about renting a condo a month at a time. I have never done this before and would appreciate any advice.

There are two musts however and these are a Pattaya location, not Jomtien or Naklua and use of a swimming pool.

Any comments, contacts or costs appreciated.

If you know of a particular building in a certain area, you might do well to go talk to the front entrance security guards and maybe get a look at the public notice boards to see if any of the condos are available and you could contact the owners direct. An alternative would be to go to Center Condo and get some numbers from the public notice board or ask at the management office. Also, you could call in to Ricky at Private Dancer and he lives there and may know some one who rents short term

Edited by bigmick

My current plans are to try for 3 x one month trips a year to Pattaya. For 28 days my prefered accommodation in February/March will be costing me about 38000 baht and I was wondering about renting a condo a month at a time. I have never done this before and would appreciate any advice.

There are two musts however and these are a Pattaya location, not Jomtien or Naklua and use of a swimming pool.

Any comments, contacts or costs appreciated.

That's 38,000 for two months? Sounds about right. Of course, for 38.000 a month you could surely find a nice place. I'm sort of a fan of guest houses, but a condo would be nice if you can find one at the right place. If I were looking for a condo rental, short time, I'd perhaps try View Talay 6. You can't beat the location.

• Upvote 2

That's 38,000 for two months? Sounds about right. Of course, for 38.000 a month you could surely find a nice place. I'm sort of a fan of guest houses, but a condo would be nice if you can find one at the right place. If I were looking for a condo rental, short time, I'd perhaps try View Talay 6. You can't beat the location.

OK this is what I wrote: For 28 days my prefered accommodation in February/March will be costing me about 38000 baht .

This is 28 days straddling February and March. This isnt two months.

OK this is what I wrote: For 28 days my prefered accommodation in February/March will be costing me about 38000 baht .

This is 28 days straddling February and March. This isnt two months.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Anyway, 38000 baht for 28 days should be more than enough.

... I'd perhaps try View Talay 6. You can't beat the location.

+1

Just search "condos" and you'll see a lot of reviews, including a few from myself.

Since I rented my first condo from Dancewatchers in View Talay 6, that location has always been my first choice - as has DW for their reliable service and fair dealings regardings deposits, etc. And you can pay by credit card so you get the frequent flyer miles towards your next trip...

+1

Just search "condos" and you'll see a lot of reviews, including a few from myself.

Since I rented my first condo from Dancewatchers in View Talay 6, that location has always been my first choice - as has DW for their reliable service and fair dealings regardings deposits, etc. And you can pay by credit card so you get the frequent flyer miles towards your next trip...

Thanks for this. I note the following from their site.

deposits are non refundable if you cancel. Please take note of your check in balance. Funds are due at the time of check in payable in cash as we do not accept credit cards at check in.

It also states that this must be paid in Thai Baht. Any comments please?

I used PayPal to pay by credit card; just email Tik for payment options.

Thanks for this. I note the following from their site.

deposits are non refundable if you cancel. Please take note of your check in balance. Funds are due at the time of check in payable in cash as we do not accept credit cards at check in.

It also states that this must be paid in Thai Baht. Any comments please?

The Dancewatcher's home page now says, among many other things:

We now accept US dollars in 100 or 50 notes, Australian dollars in 100 dollar notes, UK pounds in 50 Pound. New Canadian 100 dollar notes as long as they are newer notes free of cuts or marks for your check in balance. We offer better rates then the airport also.

Taking them at their word, the deposit is non-refundable, but is not that large. For my upcoming 3 month stay, I paid a 9,000 baht deposit and will owe about 106,000 baht.

I'm a few weeks from possibly following up on Khun Smelly's suggestion about asking to pay the balance by Pay Pal. There would be Pay Pal transaction costs and, I have to assume, that would be non-refundable once paid. On the other hand, I really don't like the idea of travelling half-way around the world carrying over USD 3K in cash.

I have found a 5% premiumm or cash being the norm

I am happy to oblige.

That was about what was added on for payment of the deposit by Pay Pal. As the Smelly one says, you can then get frequent flier miles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nova Atrium 72 sqm for rent only 22000 baht per month, but accept minimum 6 months

1 bed, 2 baths, living room, European kitchen, full furnished, recently renovated,

full communal facilities, free internet, free cable tv, close to Big C North Pattaya.

Ready to move in.

• 3 weeks later...

I've rented from Dancwatchers for about 6 years now, usually 4 times a year. They have a great selection of rooms, plenty of variety and will try and accomodate any request. Over the years I have tried other places, but I keep going back to them.

Edited by UtopiaBanished

I've used Dancewatchers in the past and found them excellent.

Recently, however, they seem to have dropped the ball. Reduced number of condos, out of date website lists and booking calendars, non-refundable deposit raised to more than 50% of month's rent, minimal one-line response to enquiries ... they don't seem to care. Something's changed. Pity.

I found another operator in the same building.

• 3 months later...

what is the date you need to rent the condo?

I have 2 condos available in March, located at soi 1 pratumnak, if you are interested contact me at : info@icpiranco.com

do u give the condos on weekly basis too .. pm me with deyails