Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Is it our own fault Walking Street is going downhill?

Then pop a smiley on. :bhappy

The OP raised what was for him an interesting point and took the time to write it up. If there were not people like him, the board would cease to exist A response like I think you guys think too much really does nothing for the topic, isnt humerous, add nothing to the board at all.

If he thinks you guys think to much. He thinks you guys think to much that's his opinion. It seems a harmless observation and he should be able to view it with out being called a dick head. If the op finds it offensive it should be up to him to comment. I doubt Butch being told he thinks to much will stop him posting. But you are right it is an interesting point. and Butch does some quality posts. :D

If he thinks you guys think to much. He thinks you guys think to much that's his opinion. It seems a harmless observation and he should be able to view it with out being called a dick head. If the op finds it offensive it should be up to him to comment. I doubt Butch being told he thinks to much will stop him posting. But you are right it is an interesting point. and Butch does some quality posts. :D

Thanks for the support. They can say whatever they want about me. Anyway, it seems sort of silly, in a sense, to ask whether Walking Street is "going downhill." Maybe it is, but then again, maybe it's just that the place is changing. But you can say that about anywhere on planet Earth. I wish I had a time machine to go back 30 years. There are a lot of places that have "gone downhill" that I'd like to visit circa 1982. And 30 years from now, there'll no doubt be guys wishing they could turn back the clock and visit 2012 again.

All good things..............

But for me everything is still amazing since I only started coming here May 2010 and have had a total of 3 trips the 4th coming up soon.

I have noticed a differnce in the girls attitudes a bit but mainly just LT is not offered as readily by the stunners in the top tier GGB.

I also try and look at the positives too and ignore the negitives. If someone scams me i don't blame the city or area I blame the person

who scamed me same with the girls if scams me then I blame her mostly not the bar.

I like walking st the way it is I think it has character , if i could change anything it would be lose half of the PPB show guys who constanly harass you

and do something about the street performers I hate when people watch and clog up the whole street so no one can get by.

other than that I like it the way it is.

As long as there hot woman available who want to go with me at a resonable price I see no reason to go anywhere else.

• Upvote 2

I realise that the OP asked about Walking Street but on reflection I think that there is one issue here that hasnt been addressed.

I personally dont like Walking Street for some of the issues mentioned such as the street theatre and the gawkers and camera addicts. What I do like is the bars and clubs that run off Walking Street. These are a different kettle of fish to those in the street. IMHO some of the best fun and best looking women can be had off WS. I just wonder at times how many people actually just stick to the go go's in WS and miss out on some of the best fun that Pattaya has to offer.

I realise that the OP asked about Walking Street but on reflection I think that there is one issue here that hasnt been addressed.

I personally dont like Walking Street for some of the issues mentioned such as the street theatre and the gawkers and camera addicts. What I do like is the bars and clubs that run off Walking Street. These are a different kettle of fish to those in the street. IMHO some of the best fun and best looking women can be had off WS. I just wonder at times how many people actually just stick to the go go's in WS and miss out on some of the best fun that Pattaya has to offer.

When I think of "Walking Street," I think of the entire area. The street itself and all the little side Sois. There are beer bars and go gos on those Sois, but if they're right off Walking Street, I don't really make the distinction. Still, there are tons of bars all over Pattaya, especially beer bars. And on any given night, there are probably more than a few hidden gems tucked away in some out-of-the-way beer bar. You just never know.

Yes, I agree,

Walking Street is generally assumed to include the Sois branching off as well, so Soi 14-16 are all considered part of that area.

Back to the OP.......

For me it is becoming more about the prices than the girl's attitudes.

And a slight decline in the choice in many places (didn't they used to be packed like chicks in a battery?)

Sure they are a bit more mercenary but it doesn't seem to hit me too hard.... the experienced girls take one look at my Singha vest, hair that hasn't been cut for 3 months, baggy shorts and sandals with black socks and they look elsewhere and let me enjoy my beer. The ones who know me come on over as there is nothing better for them and they apply a decent attitude until flash Harry, who wants to be the centre of attention, comes on in...and good luck to them.

A warm beer at 145 baht for me, a 300 baht 'hit' to have a cute one on each side for 12.4 seconds before the dreaded 'one more for she?'....despite the fact that my regard for money is waning like my libido, I feel the vampire's teeth sucking me dry as painful.

Perhaps I should swathe my ankles in 'OFF' repellent and join the 50 baht/beer crowd served up by the 80 kilo old-girl whose top and shorts are a few sizes too small, her make-up a few sizes too big and tolerate the smell of sweat wafting over from the guys who saw the sun go down there.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 3

Back to the OP.......

For me it is becoming more about the prices than the girl's attitudes.

And a slight decline in the choice in many places (didn't they used to be packed like chicks in a battery?)

Sure they are a bit more mercenary but it doesn't seem to hit me too hard.... the experienced girls take one look at my Singha vest, hair that hasn't been cut for 3 months, baggy shorts and sandals with black socks and they look elsewhere and let me enjoy my beer. The ones who know me come on over as there is nothing better for them and they apply a decent attitude until flash Harry, who wants to be the centre of attention, comes on in...and good luck to them.

A warm beer at 145 baht for me, a 300 baht 'hit' to have a cute one on each side for 12.4 seconds before the dreaded 'one more for she?'....despite the fact that my regard for money is waning like my libido, I feel the vampire's teeth sucking me dry as painful.

Perhaps I should swathe my ankles in 'OFF' repellent and join the 50 baht/beer crowd served up by the 80 kilo old-girl whose top and shorts are a few sizes too small, her make-up a few sizes too big and tolerate the smell of sweat wafting over from the guys who saw the sun go down there.

What bars do u go in Jacko?????,or do u head for WS go-go bars when out in Pattaya

When I think of "Walking Street," I think of the entire area. The street itself and all the little side Sois. There are beer bars and go gos on those Sois, but if they're right off Walking Street, I don't really make the distinction. Still, there are tons of bars all over Pattaya, especially beer bars. And on any given night, there are probably more than a few hidden gems tucked away in some out-of-the-way beer bar. You just never know.

The secret is bar hop,many hidden gems,a huge variation in alcohol pricing and lady drink pricing,the empty bars show how much a beer is lol.My night varies from 35 baht sangsom,soda and 40 baht for a lipo,still the strongest in the first bar,to 90 baht for a sangom coke and 90 baht to 170 baht for a lady drink,bar girl friends have beers for the same price as i pay,and owners wives a defo friend price not lady drink price

What bars do u go in Jacko?????,or do u head for WS go-go bars when out in Pattaya

Mostly WS GGBs, sometimes around soi 7 in the Silver Start there. I may have a couple of cheap ones in Worldwide early evening.

I just think Thailand is getting more affluent and the result is that most of the best girls now dont have to do some of the worst jobs.

So the quality of girls goes down.

Its been the same the world over.

I just think Thailand is getting more affluent and the result is that most of the best girls now dont have to do some of the worst jobs.

So the quality of girls goes down.

Its been the same the world over.

Haha.... I said something which amused the TGF along those lines recently...'problem with Thailand these days is that there are too many Thais going out'........ meaning I was struggling to get into some of the restaurants out of town,particularly those en-route back to Bangers on a Sunday evening, I also felt I was being subjected to poor/discriminatory service. The large groups, who seemed to want to compete with each other,were getting all the attention, my 1000 baht dinner for 2 doesn't do much for them! That and being a falang makes me invisible.... used to be I was a novelty! Edited by jacko

Not our fault! Things change is all: sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

Even better and worse is debatable, worse for farang but better for Thai girls.

There is a lot more money floating around Thailand that creates more opportunity for the girls.

I have to think that a lot of the prettier girls that years ago would be on WS are now Mia Noi's for some well off Thai guy or even foriegn managers that have money now that were not here or monied up ten years ago. There is a lot more money chasing fewer girls and we are not at fault for that. Thailand is getting richer every day so get the prettiest you can today, soon there won't be any left for the monger at all. Well not pretty ones anyway, the fat and old will always be with us.