Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pattaya Beach. OH! Goodness gracious me.

I notice there are now no bench-seats around the trees for the Coconut Bar girls to sit on - very inconsiderate towards these ladies, it's almost as if they weren't wanted.

I notice there are now no bench-seats around the trees for the Coconut Bar girls to sit on

- very inconsiderate towards these ladies,

it's almost as if they weren't wanted.

Why "almost" ? :rolleyes:

More seriously, if you look at the artist-view of the project along the beach,

you will see that they have some bench/seats under trees :smile:

137.jpg

Edited by Idefix

The best thing they could do to Beach Road is widen it another lane and put diagonal parking in the remaining space. They have redone the beach side walking area MANY times over the years and all it does is cost a lot of money, attract thieving ladyboys and other dregs of the city.

I think they should make Beach Road a non-parking area...including the hundreds of motorcycles for rent just sitting there blocking out half a lane.

• Upvote 3

Redo the sidewalk on the busness side, no parking on that side and diagonal parking on the beach side.

In all the years I have been in Thailand, I have NEVER heard anyone say that they came to Pattaya to visit the beach. It amazes me that some people consider Pattaya a family vacation place. Thailand is a beautiful country and there are many nice beaches and suitable places to take a family. If I still had small children, Pattaya would be the last place I would choose to take my family.

Where would you head gary?

• Upvote 1

I notice there are now no bench-seats around the trees for the Coconut Bar girls to sit on - very inconsiderate towards these ladies, it's almost as if they weren't wanted.

I agree Ron,

I think it'd be reasonable for them so sit in comfort as they await the next person who wants to enjoy their offerings.

Anything wrong with that?

Redo the sidewalk on the busness side, no parking on that side and diagonal parking on the beach side.

A good idea but it wouldn't work as the problem is the businesses and the coaches and baht buses.

Remove the bike rentals, the stopped coaches, the delivery trucks, the Baht Bus logjam at the corner of Walking street and South Pattaya road and there wouldn't be many issues IMO. They could try metered diagonal street parking and dedicated coach pullouts as a start.

That's the idea. More construction contracts, more money to cut up. It has nothing to do with aesthetics. Its just about dividing up the cash.

They have redone the beach side walking area MANY times over the years and all it does is cost a lot of money,

I think they should make Beach Road a non-parking area...including the hundreds of motorcycles for rent just sitting there blocking out half a lane.

No parking allowed anywhere on Beach Road. If you have diagonal parking you'd need to reverse blind out of a parking bay into a lane of fast moving traffic. Very dangerous.

• Upvote 2

No parking allowed anywhere on Beach Road. If you have diagonal parking you'd need to reverse blind out of a parking bay into a lane of fast moving traffic. Very dangerous.

Have you ever seen fast moving traffic on Beach Road? On a good day it moves at maybe 10 or 15 kilometers per hour. Knowing that there are cars moving in and out of the parking places, most would avoid the right lane. Buses and baht buses would be impeding traffic in the left lane so moving traffic would be in the center lane.

Edited by Gary

Where would you head gary?

For a family, Prachuap Kirikhan and Krabi are the most beautiful places I have seen.

Have you ever seen fast moving traffic on Beach Road?

On a good day it moves at maybe 10 or 15 kilometers per hour.

It may be your impression if you never wake up before 4PM,

but in the morning there are not so many cars and it's a racing area,

mainly between the North extremity and Central Rd, with cars over 60 or 80 km/h...

• Upvote 1

You may be right but anyone driving 80 km/h on Beach road is insane.

One of the popular surfer beaches (for beginners especially) in Santa Cruz, California has been closed a lot recently because of hypodermic needles on the beach.

Among the debris in Pattaya are you seeing such stuff?

One of the popular surfer beaches (for beginners especially) in Santa Cruz, California has been closed a lot recently because of hypodermic needles on the beach.

Among the debris in Pattaya are you seeing such stuff?

I have been looking and somewhat careful where I step but I have not seen a needle or a syringe yet.

Have you ever seen fast moving traffic on Beach Road? On a good day it moves at maybe 10 or 15 kilometers per hour. Knowing that there are cars moving in and out of the parking places, most would avoid the right lane. Buses and baht buses would be impeding traffic in the left lane so moving traffic would be in the center lane.

Yes as a user of the Baht Buses and Motorbike Taxis I've had some white knuckle rides along Beach Road.

Road users WOULD NOT leave a lane free so that cars could reverse into oncoming traffic. Even if they did, now you've effectively taken out two lanes just for parking. What was the point of widening the road.

I can just imagine the scenario now. Being stuck in a parking bay and never being able to reverse out.

Even allowing parallel parking on the beach side is dangerous because cars are right hand drive. That's why cars are allowed to park on the east side of the street.

I have never, anywhere in the world, seen cars parked up in the fast lane of a one way road similar to Beach Road. Have you?

Edited by papillon

Would be nice if they could clean up pattaya beach but really you have great beaches just a ferry ride away and stunning beaches a speedboat away. I went to Koh Phai maybe 14 months ago and it was nice but could use some cleaning up - what was annoying is they have the navy stationed there saw maybe 6-8 guys sitting under tarps doing absolutely nothing they laid there before we arrived - during and after only one came over and that was to collect a fee for using the beach. maybe they should get the chain gang cleaning up the place in the early morning before the tourists come out.

Would be nice if they could clean up pattaya beach but really you have great beaches just a ferry ride away and stunning beaches a speedboat away. I went to Koh Phai maybe 14 months ago and it was nice but could use some cleaning up - what was annoying is they have the navy stationed there saw maybe 6-8 guys sitting under tarps doing absolutely nothing they laid there before we arrived - during and after only one came over and that was to collect a fee for using the beach. maybe they should get the chain gang cleaning up the place in the early morning before the tourists come out.

They were doing a sailor's, etc, duty of hurrying up and waiting along with never volunteering!

Been there and done that.