Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Where can I watch Pacquiao/Mayweather on May 2?

Unless you've been hibernating you know that Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather are finally going to duke it out, for the first (I think?) and probably the last time ever, on May 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Presumably the fight will go on about 8AM May 2. Does anybody know yet where I can watch Da Big Fight? Which taprooms will be playing DBF live?

How the bout came about

150223154208-floyd-mayweather-vs-manny-p

I'd check with IRovers on LK Metro..or Metro Apartments...they both are very good for showing sporting events.

• Upvote 1

the best value breakfast in pattaya for sure

That is true, but they also have good meals that might go above the 99 baht threshold that are excellent at that time of day.

While this is turning into a breakfast thread i'll chime in and say Punch and Judy do a nice 99 breakfast deal as well. I'll post a pic next time i go in for breakfast. I will also -- for the sake of the title of the thread -- ask if they will show the fight. I believe Lion Pub should have it as well but i rarely go in there.

To MGDN while Irish Rovers and the LK area may be closer to you it also may be more crowded, bars i have mentioned in this thread are all along the soi 17 area but at that time of morning as you know an extra 5 min travel time at most

The broadcast arrangement for this fight have not been finalized yet, so I'm not going to say what our plans are at Secrets till I know for sure.

One thing that is really important is that I will only show it if I get it on a proper broadcast standard feed and not streaming over the Internet, as buffering ruins it.

If a Thai satellite provider broadcasts it, we will have a special event at Secrets. Great breakfasts, 6 HD TVs, full audio and cool Aircon.

Phil

If I Rovers does show it(& I'm sure they will) it will be packed, better to try one of the more out of the way (& larger)places mentioned earlier, no disrespect intended to I. R. Just sayin'

The broadcast arrangement for this fight have not been finalized yet, so I'm not going to say what our plans are at Secrets till I know for sure.

One thing that is really important is that I will only show it if I get it on a proper broadcast standard feed and not streaming over the Internet, as buffering ruins it.

If a Thai satellite provider broadcasts it, we will have a special event at Secrets. Great breakfasts, 6 HD TVs, full audio and cool Aircon.

Phil

If that's the case PHIL I'm there!

• Upvote 1

Phil

Ok, I also will be there if you are going to have it.

• Upvote 1

Witherspoons today put up a sign they are selling tickets for the fight at 400 bhat includes a beer and some food.

Seems like an absolute piss take to me.

I Rovers 100%

Metro Apartments 100%

Both will be pay per view events and will either be on Sky Box Office or Box Nation.

Both the above bars have the facilities to stream these sports.

• Upvote 1

Piss take indeed..unless no one else can come thru when the event arrives.

Thanks to the internet, nobody can put a lid on PPV anymore.

In the 10 years i have been using True/UBC every major fight both boxing and UFC PPV's haven been available for free to gold and platinum members. 400 baht for a ticket, i have 2 words for that one starts with an f the other ends with 2 f's. It will probably be on Thai tv as well, maybe just not with english commentary

It is a huge event. 400 baht for a beer and a bit of food, great idea. Will probably keep away the expats that want to take up seats and drink 2 draught beers over 2 hours. Most of these sports bars aren't trying to sell you lady drinks, so if you don't drink much then you aren't their number one choice of customer.

I'll be away working and will be lucky if I get to see a replay before some idiot spurts out the result. I wish I could pay $13 USD for a beer, a bit of food and see the fight live.

• Upvote 1

It is a huge event. 400 baht for a beer and a bit of food, great idea. Will probably keep away the expats that want to take up seats and drink 2 draught beers over 2 hours. Most of these sports bars aren't trying to sell you lady drinks, so if you don't drink much then you aren't their number one choice of customer.

I'll be away working and will be lucky if I get to see a replay before some idiot spurts out the result. I wish I could pay $13 USD for a beer, a bit of food and see the fight live.

Y'know, it's a good point. Only the most devoted tipplers will be drinking at 10 in the morning, so they won't sell many drinks. Most will order breakfast I suppose. Witherspoons is in a high-traffic area so they might be wise to weed out the cheap Charlies.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Y'know, it's a good point. Only the most devoted tipplers will be drinking at 10 in the morning, so they won't sell many drinks. Most will order breakfast I suppose. Witherspoons is in a high-traffic area so they might be wise to weed out the cheap Charlies.

Yup, I reckon the worst thing a bar could do for this event would be to put on free food. You would have every slow sipping cheap Charlie in town occupying your seats.

After the last 3 posts, I'm coming around to the idea that they're onto a good thing with the cover charge.

A cover charge in Witherspoons a hot bar with no air con...sorry no thanks.

Will be a good fight but it will be on around 11 AM Thai time, anyone with an internet connection will be able to watch and I'm convinced True Sports will have it on.

My choice will be Metro Apartments for that fight comfotbale bar with air con and I'd be amazed if Dennis charged a penny as a cover charge.

Have to disagree with above posts. There's is no reason in all of Pattaya to pay a cover to watch any sporting event no matter how big it is. This will set a trend for Bm's to bitch about for years to come.

I have watched to superbowl at Tiggs for the last 4 years. No cover, great breakfast, awesome food and 50 baht bloody mary's for those that want to drink that early or late. Many stick around and the early morning festivities usually extend into the noon hour. My bill between my food and drink, a few for the staff looking after me came out to around less than 600 baht, and it was my choice, not some forced surcharge by the bar

400 baht to see what the bar doesn't even pay for and what i can see at home for free??? Those that feel there is some kind of bargain there are probably the same LDOP's that change this town for the worse. The real worth while operators that understand this town and aren't just here for the short term for a quick baht will understand this.

Reading the thinking of people in their views of Pattaya has really got me thinking...

Edited by cbrib