Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just a reminder.

Painted curbsides, roads and occasionally lamp posts also indicate whether or not vehicles can be parked

Red and white markings This is a no parking zone - cars may not park here at any time Yellow and white markings Indicates a short-term parking space only, usually no more than five minutes. These markings also indicate a bus stop. It is not advisable to park here

The Police are collecting more tea money.

More activity on Beach Road this afternoon with motorbikes and cars being carted away.

DSC01540 (Small).JPG

DSC01541 (Small).JPG

DSC01542 (Small).JPG

DSC01543 (Small).JPG

And a reminder to myself as only last week i was parked on the red and whites on Beach Road near the Holiday Inn during Pizza happy hour....but not anymore.

Also the usual pit stop outside Soi 9 Police Station.

They had a steady collection of bikes for some misdemeanor...and a crowd gathering watching the action.

DSC01515 (Small).JPG

DSC01517 (Small).JPG

Every Sunday morning at about 10am there has been a policemen just after Thips pulling over those turning left on red off Klang onto 3rd.

He pulled over the guy who rode the red straight across on 3rd too which gave me some glee.

Those bikes don't fall off the back off the ute ever?

They look in a precarious position to me!

The high quality tie down ensures the safety of the bikes. They never go over bumps a an unsafe speed, so the bikes are OK.

Hi. My first post. Can anyone tell me the name of the two bars/apartment blocks in the second photo.

I love staying on the Beach road and am considering a six month stay in summer next year. I've stayed

in the higher end hotels on the Beach road but over a long term stay I must factor in economy.

Thanks and best regards to everyone on Pattayatalk.

Every Sunday morning at about 10am there has been a policemen just after Thips pulling over those turning left on red off Klang onto 3rd.

He pulled over the guy who rode the red straight across on 3rd too which gave me some glee.

Is there a no left on red sign on Pattaya Klang going westbound at 3rd Road? I always make a left there no matter the color of the light if it's clear, and I don't recall seeing a sign, nor has anyone in front or behind me that I could tell.

Is there a no left on red sign on Pattaya Klang going westbound at 3rd Road?

I always make a left there no matter the color of the light if it's clear,

and I don't recall seeing a sign, nor has anyone in front or behind me that I could tell.

If I understand well, you go on Pattaya Klang towards the sea

and you turn left in 3rd Road towards South Pattaya,

then yes there is a "Turn Left Waiting Light" board ! :rolleyes:

Edit: Confirmation on GoogleStreetView ;)

Edited by Idefix

They should make a killing on fines if they are enforcing that then.

Look how far the sign is from the intersection. Usually at that point the last place I am looking is up towards a sign, because I'm jockeying for a way to get into the left lane.

Forewarned then, and thank you, jacko (and Idefix).

Police are taking bikes parked outside the old Cats Corner bar next to Secrets every night. Well done

What law are they violating? Is that on Soi 14 or 15 or both?

What law are they violating? Is that on Soi 14 or 15 or both?

Violation the parking regulations clearly set out in the soi. Blocking access for o emergency vehicles to Walking St and nearby hotels.

Violation the parking regulations clearly set out in the soi. Blocking access for o emergency vehicles to Walking St and nearby hotels.

Well, I certainly hope they continue that enforcement up to, and including, the very entrance to Walking Street on Soi 14, which is clogged by motorbike taxi drivers from well before 7pm.

Also, let's hope they brush away all those food vendors and touts on Soi 15 that would impede any emergency vehicle trying to get to WS.

• Upvote 1

Looks like the BIB are making it a daily collection.

More police checks the other day stopping every motorbike at the start of beach road

DSC01545 (Small).JPG

And today now booking bus drivers. Why can't the busses use the car park

DSC01548 (Small).JPG

DSC01550 (Small).JPG

And more motorbikes

DSC01552 (Small).JPG

DSC01553 (Small).JPG

And a ticket for you miss and you can collect your bike later from the compound

DSC01554 (Small).JPG

DSC01555 (Small).JPG

> And today now booking bus drivers. Why can't the busses use the car park

The buses you show are parked on the 1st traffic line, not on the bus park.

> And a ticket for you miss and you can collect your bike later from the compound

She will collect it very soon, and at Soi 9 Police Office.

They should make a killing on fines if they are enforcing that then.

Look how far the sign is from the intersection. Usually at that point the last place I am looking is up towards a sign, because I'm jockeying for a way to get into the left lane.

Forewarned then, and thank you, jacko (and Idefix).

Yes, 4-5 miscreants every round of lights, or fewer if there are not enough police. I have seen a solitary one and 3-4. I guess it happens while that spot is shaded.

Perhaps if they forced all the rental bikes to move then people wouldn't have to park illegally?

• Upvote 1

I got caught at that light once as well. He took my license while I went to the police station to pay the 400 baht fine. The on Beach Road just after the police station, another cop pulled me over and asked to see my license. I started to pull out my fine receipt as I was telling him another cop had my license, and without looking at the receipt, he just let me go.

Now at that intersection, I make the left turn prior to the light, then turn right at the next intersection and it brings me back to third road.

I got caught at that light once as well. He took my license while I went to the police station to pay the 400 baht fine. The on Beach Road just after the police station, another cop pulled me over and asked to see my license. I started to pull out my fine receipt as I was telling him another cop had my license, and without looking at the receipt, he just let me go.

Now at that intersection, I make the left turn prior to the light, then turn right at the next intersection and it brings me back to third road.

That's one of a couple of shortcuts you can use to avoid the busy Klang/3rd Rd intersection. The one you mentioned is Soi 3, before that you can turn on Soi Arunothai and then take the next right. And if you'd like to practice a bit of off road work, across from Foodland you can turn left onto the bumpy, rock strewn, dirt road that runs alongside the garden shop. Again take the first right, staying on that road to 3rd road.

• Upvote 1

Yes, you are going down Soi Sophon I guess. But beware of turning left on red at the lights for soi Arunotai, as I have seen them there before.

Yes, you are going down Soi Sophon I guess. But beware of turning left on red at the lights for soi Arunotai, as I have seen them there before.

You can legally turn left on red from Klang on to Soi Arunothai from either direction.

• Upvote 1

You can legally turn left on red from Klang on to Soi Arunothai from either direction.

You may be right, I shall double check when I am back. I just recall seeing police there stopping people. No apparent sign on Google Maps but that is 2 years + old.

I was mistaken. I was thinking Pattaya Tai.

I see the police at the Pattaya Klang/third road intersection all the time. But I cut left at the previous intersection and haven't seen the left turn waiting light sign. Though once on the small soi going back to third there was a police check point checking everyone, cars and motorcycles.

Edited by BeerBelly