Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Foreign Criminals in Thailand

This was an interesting article from The Nation:

"THAILAND’S role as a haven for transnational criminals has been reconfirmed with the separate arrests in Bangkok of criminals on the run from India, Hungary and China."

More foreign ‘criminals’ found in police swoops

I recall reading a few years ago an estimate by a top Thai cop that 10,000 foreign criminals with active warrants in their home countries were hiding in Thailand, with 1,000 in Pattaya alone. I'm surprised the figure for Pattaya wasn't higher. Based on the number of prison tattoos I've seen on the forearms and hands of men from 40 and upwards, there are a hell of a lot of ex-cons in Pattaya, but I would assume most of them have already paid their debt to society.

Several small-scale con men are regular posters on the Pattaya punter boards. I wonder how many are actually on the lam?

Evil

devil.gif

This was an interesting article from The Nation:

"THAILAND’S role as a haven for transnational criminals has been reconfirmed with the separate arrests in Bangkok of criminals on the run from India, Hungary and China."

More foreign ‘criminals’ found in police swoops

I recall reading a few years ago an estimate by a top Thai cop that 10,000 foreign criminals with active warrants in their home countries were hiding in Thailand, with 1,000 in Pattaya alone. I'm surprised the figure for Pattaya wasn't higher. Based on the number of prison tattoos I've seen on the forearms and hands of men from 40 and upwards, there are a hell of a lot of ex-cons in Pattaya, but I would assume most of them have already paid their debt to society.

Several small-scale con men are regular posters on the Pattaya punter boards. I wonder how many are actually on the lam?

Evil

devil.gif

123.jpg

• Upvote 2

I'm very surprised that the group of notorious real estate scammers are still alive, I would have thought that at least some of the people who were scammed out of their life savings would have a need for revenge.

Drew Noyes was nailed but he was so over confident he also tried extortion.

One of my guilty pleasures is following his postings in Fakebook. It's like watching someone slowly go insane, somewhat like LOLDusa trying to convince anyone he had conversations at dinner with Andy and Henry in Saigon about smooth jazz, single malt, and swimming pool inspection procedures.

• Upvote 2

Is bounty hunting legal in Thailand? If it is, Dog and Beth Chapman should do a Dog the Bounty Hunter special from Pattaya. The bars of New Plaza would be deserted! :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

post-6485-0-07908600-1485270890.jpg

Evil

devil.gif

• Upvote 1

One less in hiding.

Evil
:devil

BREAKING: British man assassinated in gangland hit in Pattaya

Pattaya police are investigating the death of 39 year old British man, who was shot dead in his car at Mabprachan Reservoir, Pattaya by two men on a motorcycle around 10am this morning.

Police revealed that two men were seen riding up on a Honda Click motorcycle reg plate 7992 before one of them approached the car shooting Mr Tony Kenway twice in the head, killing him instantly.

UPDATE: Thaivisa understands police are investigating links to the deceased and foreign 'boiler room' gangs in Pattaya.

One less in hiding.

Evil

:devil

BREAKING: British man assassinated in gangland hit in Pattaya

Pattaya police are investigating the death of 39 year old British man, who was shot dead in his car at Mabprachan Reservoir, Pattaya by two men on a motorcycle around 10am this morning.

Police revealed that two men were seen riding up on a Honda Click motorcycle reg plate 7992 before one of them approached the car shooting Mr Tony Kenway twice in the head, killing him instantly.

UPDATE: Thaivisa understands police are investigating links to the deceased and foreign 'boiler room' gangs in Pattaya.

Just read and saw the video of this myself... the casual way the guy strolled up to the window of the Porsche Cayenne was chilling.

Mind you similar has been done in-front of 7-11s to a guy buying a few beers, as the guy was worth more dead than alive to his wife!

Edited by jacko

Is bounty hunting legal in Thailand? If it is, Dog and Beth Chapman should do a Dog the Bounty Hunter special from Pattaya. The bars of New Plaza would be deserted! :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

post-6485-0-07908600-1485270890.jpg

Evil

devil.gif

And Nirun Condo.....

Just read and saw the video of this myself... the casual way the guy strolled up to the window of the Porsche Cayenne was chilling.

Mind you similar has been done in-front of 7-11s to a guy buying a few beers, as the guy was worth more dead than alive to his wife!

In one respect I hope the victim had carried out some heinous crime and it was a deserved retribution.

If he was an innocent chap with a family then my heart goes out to the man and all innocent family members left behind to deal with all the crap that follows.

RIP ..

so where is the video link please Jacko?

Criminals? The place was full of them.

Back in the 80's Patts was a great place, very very little trouble, no problems with streetwalkers or Katoeys etc. Many British Crims were living free on the Costa's in Spain.due to no extradition orders.

Then Spain Joined the EEC, Extradition and Police arrests became the norm.

A few weeks after this I arrived in Pattaya for a 2 week stay. Went to my normal place in the Marine Bar downstairs (when it was HUGE. And oh dear there were a shitload of rather well known British crims and their minders. Several days later I got talking to a Brit in a Bar and he said that they had bought up several complete floors of some apartment blocks and a few bars too.

To me that was the start of the rot. I returned to Patts around 6 months later and heard about one of those crims being found at the bottom of a well in Jomtien, I also didnt like what I was seeing in Patts, and that strange sort of wild happy feeling was gone.

I never went back untill last year for just a few days and though the place had changed drastically it seemed a lot better. I have heard whispers that many crims moved out or were pushed out up to the Da Nang and Na Trang area of Vietnam? who knows eh?

I wonder how people with warrants get into Thailand in the first place. You would think their passports would somehow be flagged.

I'm surprised Thailand isn't hooked into the European and American criminal databases. I've talked to retired US Customs guys and the US data base is available at no cost to other governments.

I'm surprised Thailand isn't hooked into the European and American criminal databases. I've talked to retired US Customs guys and the US data base is available at no cost to other governments.

It is as far as I'm aware.

However, I think it's the ahem...how can I put this...stuff like "lost paperwork", "other priorities" and "resource issues" which might or might not lead to the alleged possiblility that hypothetically some supposed criminals might slip through the net through no fault whatsover of the upstanding and honest Thai Police and Judiciary system which is absolutely without question in it's clarity and forthwright application of both moral and criminal justice.

The fact of the matter is that a majority of intelligence is now shared between agencies, but as to whether that intelligence is acted upon or even within the interest of those sharing is up for debate.

Was it in Russian about jazz, single malt and swimming pool inspection procedures.

• Upvote 1

Was it in Russian about jazz, single malt and swimming pool inspection procedures.

What dos this have to do with the topic? This guy follows me from thread to thread spouting the same nonsense over and over.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

What dos this have to do with the topic? This guy follows me from thread to thread spouting the same nonsense over and over.

Yet again you show a distinct lack of a sense of humour!!!

This paragraph is confusing, if not troubling...

He denied all charges and, despite officials encouraging him to leave the country, he insisted he was innocent and wanted to stay and face trial later in the year. Kenway was on police bail at the time of his murder. His next court appearance was scheduled for February 23.

What kind of officials would advise a person on bail for a pending criminal charge to leave the country?

On my very first time in LOS i met a guy who gave me this advice. When it comes to foreigners in this town be very careful, either their countries don't want them or they want them really bad!