Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

any new places of interest come up in pattaya?

hey guys,

i will be in pattaya in 9 days

1- i was wondering what to do in the day rather than mongering.

i will put down a list of good place and things i have done in the past , if i have missed anything please advise..

2-last trip i had a problem getting the 49B sim all 7-11 and airport shops told me i need to only take a tourist sim costing 299B (i think) of DTAC.

i dont need an international sim etc i just need a local sim to contact the girls and have internet , thats it. please advise. thank you

now my list of things i did.

1-koh larn

2-movie halls

3-ramayana water park

4-khao keow zoo

5-flight of the gibbon

6-sriracha zoo

7-million dollar stone park

8-theprasit market

9- bukhao market

10-buddha hill

11-underwater sea walking

12-underwater world

13-buffets

14-noong nooch

15-tiffanys show

16-bungy jumping

17-mini siam park

18-pattaya beach

19-jomtein beach

20-floating market

21-ripeys

22-buddha mountain

23-central ferstival

24-royal garden mall

25-mikes mall

26-koh samet

so much for my memory for now

• Upvote 2

hey guys,

i will put down a list of good place and things i have done in the past , if i have missed anything please advise..

2-last trip i had a problem getting the 49B sim all 7-11 and airport shops told me i need to only take a tourist sim costing 299B (i think) of DTAC.

i dont need an international sim etc i just need a local sim to contact the girls and have internet , thats it. please advise. thank you

You can get an AIS SIM card from their shops at the airport (arrivals level) or the bottom floor of Central Festival Mall to deal with calls.

You can then decide on which data package is most suitable for you, and top up the SIM card to give you that.

Details here: http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/addon/en/internet4g_continued.html

That is an impressive list of things you have done.

Maybe you could consider things like -

1. An upmarket restaurant such as Bruno's (maybe early evening rather than day, unless you can find one open for lunch)

2. The new Central shopping mall near the top of Second Road, opposite Soi 2. You probably remember it as Big C.

3. Gentlemen's clubs

4. A straight massage of some sort. Take a look along Naklua Road to see the variety on offer.

5. A soapy massage (mainly on Second Road near Sois 2 and 3)

6. Jomtien Sauna

7. Just walk and see where it takes you. Amazing the things you come across.

Edit: Naklua Market, and maybe include having a meal at Mum Aroi.

Edited by Bazle
  • Upvote 1

thanks mate

i really needed the sim info

have always tried dtac

my basic needs are for the forums, fb,line and facetime.

so lets see which card suits me

oh yes i have done buffets at ninja and the fish

also have done foot and straight body massages in various shops (no happy endings) kept my energy for the nights

i will be doing the new mall on soi 2 and also will be visiting art of museum.

was considering to visit le poste or telephone bar or some sort of bar like that just to see whats in.

..... and also will be visiting art of museum.

was considering to visit le poste or telephone bar or some sort of bar like that just to see whats in.

I think you probably mean Art in Paradise (http://www.artinparadise.co.th/). If you do go there, try to take a girl with you, and a camera. The girls love having their pictures taken with the exhibits - which is the point of them (the exhibits, that is!).

For a gentlemen's club, I'd recommend Kinnaree - probably the place with the most upmarket feel and which feels least like Soi 6.

You could try cocktails at the Hilton, sitting on one of the comfy sofas watching the sunset, alone or in company. Not cheap cocktails though. Same goes for the buffet at the top, I've only done it once a while ago so someone here might be able to expand upon that.

Mantra brunch again, not cheap but a good feed especially with the free flow wine option.

Cabbages and Condoms evening meal in one of the good seats looking out to sea.

One of the many Thai cooking schools in town. I'm lucky because my cooking teacher is arguably one of the finest!

Depending upon your level of fitness, a Muay Thai session or a few lessons.

An afternoon plugged into your iphone music, sat in one of the "people watching" locations in town. (corner of Soi 8, front of Hooters, any given Walking Street beer bar or candyshop looking onto the street). I tend to do this when I'm in town, gathering my thoughts and generally appearing like no one wants to sit with me lol.

• Upvote 1

Don't know whether you're a gym bunny or not, but plenty of cheap gyms all over the place. There's a new air con gym at the Avenue which is pretty well equipped and charge 1500 baht for a month. Not cheap but a decent place.

KM

Re upmarket lunchtime dining, Brunos used to do a set lunch for around 500 baht. There are also daily buffets at the Hilton for around the same price, the seafood buffet on Friday is particularly popular.

As far as GCs are concerned, in addition to Kinnaree you could also try Passion and possibly Jade which are relatively easy to get to from the baht bus route on Thappraya Road.

I didn't see Ban Chang on your list and it's worth a visit just to compare it to Pattaya. Talk to Adam at Cherry Bar as he still arranges trips there. IRovers and Retox also do them on a regular basis.

Another possibility is a visit to Pattaya Orphanage or another charitable institution to make a donation. Be sure to take one or more Thai girls with you.

I don't know if you've spent much time in Bangkok, but it is an easy day trip by bus or taxi. If you haven't visited Wat Po, the Grand Palace or Chinatown, you should. If you don't mind getting back late to Pattaya, check out the show at Siam Niramit.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil

I didn't see Ban Chang on your list and it's worth a visit just to compare it to Pattaya. Talk to Adam at Cherry Bar as he still arranges trips there. IRovers and Retox also do them on a regular basis.

Another possibility is a visit to Pattaya Orphanage or another charitable institution to make a donation. Be sure to take one or more Thai girls with you.

I don't know if you've spent much time in Bangkok, but it is an easy day trip by bus or taxi. If you haven't visited Wat Po, the Grand Palace or Chinatown, you should. If you don't mind getting back late to Pattaya, check out the show at Siam Niramit.

Evil

I have to agree, a day or two in bangkok with a girl as a guide looking at the rich culture the City has to offer. Lumpini Park is great, a few statues, some History and a nice venue for a picnic, then maybe watch a Muay Thai match in the Stadium. River boat tour (boring though) and the reclining buddah, palace etc etc. You can easily lose 2 or 3 days soaking up all Bangkok has to offer.

Bus into Morchit, have a round robin on the Skytrain and go from there.

Actually, while I've got you on the hook Evil, are there restaurants would you recommend Kratos (and me) in Bangkok?.

Don't know whether you're a gym bunny or not, but plenty of cheap gyms all over the place. There's a new air con gym at the Avenue which is pretty well equipped and charge 1500 baht for a month. Not cheap but a decent place.

KM

gym is my life i have gone gymming at California wow(now closed at avenue),tonys bukhao(that too closed)

tonys on the intersection, tonys world and tonys which is above one 7-11 near the new food market in bukhao.

i have also gone to universal gym on sukhumvit rd :)

i have taken some classes in muay thai at twin tigers near the big toonys world gym.

i wanted to do golden glory buy dint get the trainer i wanted.(WAN).

to take me more far i have done erawan waterfalls kanchanaburi

and now recently khao yai national p;ark and i did finish up/down all the water falls , which were dry mostly. but just wanted to chekc if im still that fit that i was a few years a go. and it proved yes :lsmile

ps- i have done harbour mall specially the gaming section.

also bowling at central and avenue :D

Edited by kratos

Evil

bangkok -done dusit zoo-,

water world in siam mall,

all malls like zen central platinum,terminal 21,patnip mbk, bobe market,

markets pratunam, rod fa ratchda night market , palladium night market ,sukhumvit rd market.siam night market

siam entertainment park, dream world, safari and marine park , ice shakting at ekmami st

was going to do dinosaur park but it just caught fire a day before i could reach , so gave it a miss

You seem fit what did you think of ramayana water park and would a couple of old people get any thing out of a visit.

We like fishing and there is a few new fishing parks that have opened up in the last 12 months.

We will be there after the 3rd maybe we will cross paths.

You seem fit what did you think of ramayana water park and would a couple of old people get any thing out of a visit.

We like fishing and there is a few new fishing parks that have opened up in the last 12 months.

We will be there after the 3rd maybe we will cross paths.

yes mate thankfully im fit enough to do things well :lsmile

ramayana park is a great place if u want to do slides, lazy river, spend the whole day doing stuff we used to do when small . brings out the kid in you (thats if u want to do something else in pattaya rather than mongering)

for me thailand is a vacation from my stressed life .

as im not a very hardcore drinker(leave my beers in most of the bars)., im fresh enough to get up in the morning and explore .

but trust me do ramayana park for a day u will enjoy it.

this trip i have CARTOON NETWORK water park in mind :bigsmile:

• Upvote 1

hey guys,

1-koh larn

2-movie halls

3-ramayana water park

4-khao keow zoo

5-flight of the gibbon

6-sriracha zoo

7-million dollar stone park

8-theprasit market

9- bukhao market

10-buddha hill

11-underwater sea walking

12-underwater world

13-buffets

14-noong nooch

15-tiffanys show

16-bungy jumping

17-mini siam park

18-pattaya beach

19-jomtein beach

20-floating market

21-ripeys

22-buddha mountain

23-central ferstival

24-royal garden mall

25-mikes mall

26-koh samet

so much for my memory for now

Great list. To add, at the bungy jump there is also a sling shot, go karts and an atv dirt track. The go karts off of bali hai. Pattaya shooting range, Art in Paradise in North Pattaya is a nice couple hours walk through and photo op, some great stuff to be seen there, fantastic 3D murals. Hope this helps

Edited by cbrib
  • Upvote 1

As you have already mentioned Erawan waterfalls I shall add a great day out at Elephants World.... This is truly a home for sick, injured and abused elephants. They collect you from your hotel and drop you off. Definately Definately no elephant rides other than a good scrub down in the river....

http://www.elephantsworld.org/

Nothing like Lamphang ooop North that still had elephants doing "tricks" last time I visited..

Edited by Bullfrog

As you have already mentioned Erawan waterfalls I shall add a great day out at Elephants World.... This is truly a home for sick, injured and abused elephants. They collect you from your hotel and drop you off. Definately Definately no elephant rides other than a good scrub down in the river....

http://www.elephantsworld.org/

Nothing like Lamphang ooop North that still had elephants doing "tricks" last time I visited..

after seeing them torture the tigers,elephants and crocs in sriracha noong nooch , i have sweared to myself not to put my money to watch the cruelty happening :(. SAD VERY SAD

Great list. To add, at the bungy jump there is also a sling shot, go karts and an atv dirt track. The go karts off of bali hai. Pattaya shooting range, Art in Paradise in North Paradise is a nice couple hours walk through and photo op, some great stuff to be seen there, fantastic 3D murals. Hope this helps

hmm shooting range never tried was going to to it in koh larn on my initial trips but dint.

art of the museum is a big yes , :lsmile

after seeing them torture the tigers,elephants and crocs in sriracha noong nooch , i have sweared to myself not to put my money to watch the cruelty happening :(. SAD VERY SAD

We ( my Mum and sons) got up and walked out when the bitch started using the cattle prod on the tigers..

It was my eldest son that put me onto Elephants World and we went there year before last. They will be revisiting at Songkran and 2 nights are scheduled to be spent there.....As you say it is so very very sad especially when you see how their backs have become distorted from carrying tourists on those big heavy chairs...... but at least they are made happy in their final years....

We ( my Mum and sons) got up and walked out when the bitch started using the cattle prod on the tigers..

It was my eldest son that put me onto Elephants World and we went there year before last. They will be revisiting at Songkran and 2 nights are scheduled to be spent there.....As you say it is so very very sad especially when you see how their backs have become distorted from carrying tourists on those big heavy chairs...... but at least they are made happy in their final years....

yes mate its very cruel and sad to see these majestic beasts of nature going thru so much trauma and torture :angry2

just another side of thailand