Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 268 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Airport lounge access - LHR - T2

Has anybody paid for access to an airline lounge at LHR T2 airside?

Previously I have either flown Biz, been a card carrying member or when flying cabbage class spent my time (and not a little money) at the seafood bar hoovering wine..

This time I am flying EVA Premium Economy and would happily pay extra for lounge access but there is bugger all information I can find on their website.

On doing a search I can only find Plaza Premium lounge but some sites say free wine others say you have to pay for alcoholic beverages... :rolleyes:

Help!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive used it.   In my opinion its worth the money. Decent food , lots of drinks (there is a bar).   When Thai and Eva used to use T.3.............I used to use the "Servisair" lounge. Cost about

And indeedy it is...   Been here nearly an hour...   - 4x glasses of Conch-y-toro chardonnay (Sorry MM but it is far better than Jacob's) - A plate of noodles freshly cooked and brought to my tab

I've used that lounge. There are free alcohol drinks from the 'cool' cabinets and the bar but not sure what they qualify as 'premium' drinks. You could email orders@heathrow.com and pose them the ques

I've used that lounge. There are free alcohol drinks from the 'cool' cabinets and the bar but not sure what they qualify as 'premium' drinks. You could email orders@heathrow.com and pose them the question?

KM

• Upvote 1

I've used that lounge. There are free alcohol drinks from the 'cool' cabinets and the bar but not sure what they qualify as 'premium' drinks. You could email orders@heathrow.com and pose them the question?

KM

Thanks mate.

Depending on whom you book through it is either none free, or 2 free. I have sent a mail via the "holiday extras" site and will also do as you suggest. Can you remember how you gained access..??

Not certain whether this is airside or not but looks nice and bookable.

Plaza Lounge

Thanks mate.

Depending on whom you book through it is either none free, or 2 free. I have sent a mail via the "holiday extras" site and will also do as you suggest. Can you remember how you gained access..??

Yep - walked up to the door and asked how much :D simple as that!

there is a London Pride or similar bar that I use sometimes for a couple of beers if I feel that the time I have before departure isn't worth the fee for a lounge - might be worth a shout?

KM

Yep - walked up to the door and asked how much :D simple as that!

there is a London Pride or similar bar that I use sometimes for a couple of beers if I feel that the time I have before departure isn't worth the fee for a lounge - might be worth a shout?

KM

As mentioned in my OP I would normally have a seafood platter and a bottle or 2 of wine spending around 150 quid.....Depending on the replies from my mails I may do as you suggest and do a walk in . Sometimes I tend to overplan things....

EDIT = I am flying out on a Sunday night...No idea how busy it will be then...

Edited by Bullfrog

Ive used it.

In my opinion its worth the money.

Decent food , lots of drinks (there is a bar).

When Thai and Eva used to use T.3.............I used to use the "Servisair" lounge. Cost about £18......that was fine...but the premium plaza is way way better than that!

I drink beer or wine or Jack and Coke etc.....As I say, in the Plaza lounge, they also have "proper food!" not only "snacks"....well worth the money in my opinion..

They also have showers to use (they provide you with towels ..obviously!)

• Upvote 2

Ive used it.

In my opinion its worth the money.

Decent food , lots of drinks (there is a bar).

When Thai and Eva used to use T.3.............I used to use the "Servisair" lounge. Cost about £18......that was fine...but the premium plaza is way way better than that!

I drink beer or wine or Jack and Coke etc.....As I say, in the Plaza lounge, they also have "proper food!" not only "snacks"....well worth the money in my opinion..

They also have showers to use (they provide you with towels ..obviously!)

Thanks very much for this..!!!!

35 quid for 3 hours!! Definately better than spending 150 quid at the seafood bar..!!

• Upvote 1

Thats exactly the one I was refering to and have already sent a mail to the company in the link..

Oh it looked like you could book it right there on the website, never tried it further.

Oh it looked like you could book it right there on the website, never tried it further.

You can...but I sent them a mail asking questions about entitlement ....

I have been there twice.

The first time, my daughter got me the lounge entrance for my Birthday.

The second time, I got it on Groupon! I think it was circa £20-25

Well worth it in my opinion.

Proper food, (curries, rice, chicken, salads, etc etc.) Proper bar , I indulged in Jack and cokes. Obviously free wi-fi newspapers etc etc.

Showers too.......I did use the shower one time.....cos I drunk a fair few Jack and cokes!!! The shower freshened me up before going on the plane!

ALSO!!!!

Last time (Feb. this year..)

I used the lounge in Suvarnbhum..........950baht!

It was (I think!) the AIr France/K.L.M. lounge).

I booked this through Bangkok Flight Services.

Saying that, I think I read you are flying with Eva? If so , they leave around mid-day if I remember right?

May not be s good then? (I dont drink in the day time or mornings!)

Ive booked the lounge in BKK for September..............I didnt bother booking the lounge in Heathrow, as Im leaving mid-day.

• Upvote 1

I have been there twice.

The first time, my daughter got me the lounge entrance for my Birthday.

The second time, I got it on Groupon! I think it was circa £20-25

Well worth it in my opinion.

Proper food, (curries, rice, chicken, salads, etc etc.) Proper bar , I indulged in Jack and cokes. Obviously free wi-fi newspapers etc etc.

Showers too.......I did use the shower one time.....cos I drunk a fair few Jack and cokes!!! The shower freshened me up before going on the plane!

ALSO!!!!

Last time (Feb. this year..)

I used the lounge in Suvarnbhum..........950baht!

It was (I think!) the AIr France/K.L.M. lounge).

I booked this through Bangkok Flight Services.

Saying that, I think I read you are flying with Eva? If so , they leave around mid-day if I remember right?

May not be s good then? (I dont drink in the day time or mornings!)

Ive booked the lounge in BKK for September..............I didnt bother booking the lounge in Heathrow, as Im leaving mid-day.

Thanks mate.

Interestingly I see the Groupon discount is for Priority Pass which said only 2 drinks were free . I think I also read that they send a membership card by snail mail which is no good for me really... How did it work for you..??

I had already looked at BFS for my trip out of Swampy as I had got their details from here... I am also thinking of using them for Fast Track on my return...

Thanks mate.

Interestingly I see the Groupon discount is for Priority Pass which said only 2 drinks were free . I think I also read that they send a membership card by snail mail which is no good for me really... How did it work for you..??

I had already looked at BFS for my trip out of Swampy as I had got their details from here... I am also thinking of using them for Fast Track on my return...

When I booked it with Groupon, Im sure they sent me a reference number or something? Then I had to forward the e-mail Groupon sent me, to the Plaza lounge people.....They sent me an e-mail back saying it was all booked for the time and date I requested..

At the time, I was a bit "dubious"! as I wasnt sent a "voucher", or anything,...But I got to the lounge, and it was all fine!

the one time I used the "fast-track" from B.F.S. ....basically it was great and fast (in fact I had to wait for my suit-case!)...but , there was a very very small queue at immigration? (not the "fast-track lane, that is!).......That was most un-usual though.

I wasnt sent a membership card or anything from Plaza though? Im pretty sure it was just an e-mail?. No limits on drinks either! I had a fair few drinks! Obviously, Id be very surprised if they still serve somebody when they are...pissed!!

• Upvote 1

When I booked it with Groupon, Im sure they sent me a reference number or something? Then I had to forward the e-mail Groupon sent me, to the Plaza lounge people.....They sent me an e-mail back saying it was all booked for the time and date I requested..

At the time, I was a bit "dubious"! as I wasnt sent a "voucher", or anything,...But I got to the lounge, and it was all fine!

the one time I used the "fast-track" from B.F.S. ....basically it was great and fast (in fact I had to wait for my suit-case!)...but , there was a very very small queue at immigration? (not the "fast-track lane, that is!).......That was most un-usual though.

I wasnt sent a membership card or anything from Plaza though? Im pretty sure it was just an e-mail?. No limits on drinks either! I had a fair few drinks! Obviously, Id be very surprised if they still serve somebody when they are...pissed!!

Thanks very much for all the extra info!

I'll let you know how things went when I get back in Sept..

PS. I have run out of greens to give you..

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Upvote 1

If flying Eva, when you have checked in at BKK, go to the ticket desk which is about 3 desks from Elite check in.

Tell them that you would like to buy lounge access, give them a 1000 and off you go, but no fast track.

The Eva lounge is very pleasant, even the toilet seat warms your bum.

• Upvote 1

If flying Eva, when you have checked in at BKK, go to the ticket desk which is about 3 desks from Elite check in.

Tell them that you would like to buy lounge access, give them a 1000 and off you go, but no fast track.

The Eva lounge is very pleasant, even the toilet seat warms your bum.

That is very good information...!!!!

How many times have you tried it...???

I have been checking groupon over the past couple of days and offers change regularly.... I shall be patient and be ready to pounce...

• Upvote 1

Thanks to all that gave their ideas!

As an act of courtesy in return, here is my current plan of action..

1. BKK to LHR

• Gus - ask at checkin ticket desk for EVA lounge access. 1000
  • Use normal immigration queues
  • If Gus' idea fails, pay on entry at Louis Tavern. 1,000
  • If that fails go to my usual Thai restaurent drink wine and eat noodles

2. LHR to BKK

• Marleyboy - Groupon cheap rate into Plaza Lounge T2 Departures
  • Jacko - If none available book through Holiday extras
  • Keyman - If no pre booking pay at the door
  • Bullfrog - If they don't let you in go to the seafood bar and get pissed on chablis with a seafood platter
  • All - Book BFS for fast track on arrival in BKK

Thanks Again :clap2

Thanks to all that gave their ideas!

As an act of courtesy in return, here is my current plan of action..

1. BKK to LHR

• Gus - ask at checkin ticket desk for EVA lounge access. 1000
  • Use normal immigration queues
  • If Gus' idea fails, pay on entry at Louis Tavern. 1,000
  • If that fails go to my usual Thai restaurent drink wine and eat noodles

2. LHR to BKK

• Marleyboy - Groupon cheap rate into Plaza Lounge T2 Departures
  • Jacko - If none available book through Holiday extras
  • Keyman - If no pre booking pay at the door
  • Bullfrog - If they don't let you in go to the seafood bar and get pissed on chablis with a seafood platter
  • All - Book BFS for fast track on arrival in BKK

Thanks Again :clap2

Or..!

You can book a lounge in Suvarnbhum airport for the equivalent of 950 baht!

www.bangkokflightservices.com/

I used them in February,

Its the lounge which Air France and K.L.M use.....I found it to be good value..Booked it online, just took a print-out to the lounge

Or..!

You can book a lounge in Suvarnbhum airport for the equivalent of 950 baht!

www.bangkokflightservices.com/

I used them in February,

Its the lounge which Air France and K.L.M use.....I found it to be good value..Booked it online, just took a print-out to the lounge

Yep , I had considered that, but my preference was EVA lounge which you ask for at checkin. This by consequence automatically excluded pre-booking and on the way out isn't as important..

There are some excellent pointers and links in there and it is well worth reading through..

For those that might think it is not worthwhile here is a brief (but important) extract..

We've blagged 25% off access to No1 Lounges* using code MSEDEAL. It's valid at No1 Lounges and two other brands it runs – My Lounge and Clubroom.

The code can be used at Heathrow Terminal 3 (£27 after the discount), Gatwick North (My Lounge £13.50, No1 Lounge £22.50, Clubroom £30), Gatwick South (No1 Lounge £22.50, Clubroom £30), Birmingham (No1 Lounge £19.50) and Edinburgh (No1 Lounge £18).

You'll need to book by 11.59pm on Sun 23 Jul and actually use a lounge by 31 Dec 2017.

Edited by Bullfrog