Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Airport lounge access - LHR - T2

Or..!

You can book a lounge in Suvarnbhum airport for the equivalent of 950 baht!

www.bangkokflightservices.com/

I used them in February,

Its the lounge which Air France and K.L.M use.....I found it to be good value..Booked it online, just took a print-out to the lounge

Hi Mate..

I haven't given up on your idea...

I sent them an email to confirm what lounge they would give me access to. It certainlly isn't that I disbelieve you , I am just aware that things change ....

And they have! ....They replied saying that they now use the Miracle Lounge on concourse F opposite the EVA lounge. This lounge is given a crap review on loungebuddy. However the Miracle First Class Lounge on concourse D gets a good review...and is 1,000 baht access on loungebuddy..

Today I am stuck in my slum due to the rain so I also checked online to see what gate the flight left from today....... D6...... 30 minutes late....

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive used it.   In my opinion its worth the money. Decent food , lots of drinks (there is a bar).   When Thai and Eva used to use T.3.............I used to use the "Servisair" lounge. Cost about

And indeedy it is...   Been here nearly an hour...   - 4x glasses of Conch-y-toro chardonnay (Sorry MM but it is far better than Jacob's) - A plate of noodles freshly cooked and brought to my tab

I've used that lounge. There are free alcohol drinks from the 'cool' cabinets and the bar but not sure what they qualify as 'premium' drinks. You could email orders@heathrow.com and pose them the ques

Bullfrog, Sorry for the late reply, I have used the Eva lounge aat BKK many times, but now I usually fly Thai, I use the Louis lounge near their gates.

At LHR, I first used the London lounge when I was BR Silver, then I think a United lounge, when I had to pay it was No1 or Servisair. :)

At LHRT2 I now use Fullers London Pride bar/restaurant, a little tip, if you want a sandwich before you have your meal on the flight nip into either Boots or WH Smith and buy a meal deal, a good sandwich, packet of crisps and bottle of water, this all costs about half the price of a sarnie in the Pride, just be discreet. :)

• Upvote 1

Bullfrog, Sorry for the late reply, I have used the Eva lounge aat BKK many times, but now I usually fly Thai, I use the Louis lounge near their gates.

At LHR, I first used the London lounge when I was BR Silver, then I think a United lounge, when I had to pay it was No1 or Servisair. :)

At LHRT2 I now use Fullers London Pride bar/restaurant, a little tip, if you want a sandwich before you have your meal on the flight nip into either Boots or WH Smith and buy a meal deal, a good sandwich, packet of crisps and bottle of water, this all costs about half the price of a sarnie in the Pride, just be discreet. :)

I always get a Boots "meal deal"!

As you say, its cheap enough, nice big bottle of water to take on the plane too!

• Upvote 1

Hi Mate..

I haven't given up on your idea...

I sent them an email to confirm what lounge they would give me access to. It certainlly isn't that I disbelieve you , I am just aware that things change ....

And they have! ....They replied saying that they now use the Miracle Lounge on concourse F opposite the EVA lounge. This lounge is given a crap review on loungebuddy. However the Miracle First Class Lounge on concourse D gets a good review...and is 1,000 baht access on loungebuddy..

Today I am stuck in my slum due to the rain so I also checked online to see what gate the flight left from today....... D6...... 30 minutes late....

I have just looked at my "voucher" for use on my return from Bkk in September..........according to the map on my voucher it is the "Sky" lounge on concourse F, opposite to the Eva Lounge.

Pretty sure its the one I used in January this year...the Air France and K.L.M. lounge.

• Upvote 1

I have just looked at my "voucher" for use on my return from Bkk in September..........according to the map on my voucher it is the "Sky" lounge on concourse F, opposite to the Eva Lounge.

Pretty sure its the one I used in January this year...the Air France and K.L.M. lounge.

Yep, Same same the attachment in their replyto me....but here is the text:-

"

Dear xxxx,

Our lounge is Miracle lounge please see lounge map in attachment.

It seems the AF/KLM lounge is closed for renovation

Edited by Bullfrog

Thanks Gus,

I reckon the best lounge at LHR was the old BA business class lounge (T3?)...But those days are now gone for me and for BA....Also in BKK, Louis Tavern only had Mont Clair for choice of wine (take it or leave it choice) .....But that was some time ago..

Anyways.Reading on here about EVA cancelling some flights to fill others and the fact that Prem Econ cabin is full I don't want to risk buying on the day in case they fuck me off. So its looking like Miracle First Class Lounge on Loungebuddy for 1,000 baht..

At T2 it looks like I shall be buying access to the lounge as I like a few glasses of wine and decent scoff cos I'm pretty sure I shall be hungry after my coach journey in....As I mentioned earlier my other option is the seafood bar for what I want....I'm monitoring groupon or shall book through loungebuddy too..

the one time I used the "fast-track" from B.F.S. ....basically it was great and fast (in fact I had to wait for my suit-case!)...but , there was a very very small queue at immigration? (not the "fast-track lane, that is!).......That was most un-usual though.

Booked,paid,printed

Shit exchange rate though but for 850 baht no probs..

Only ever used the Lufthansa Business lounge at T2.

Yep..It's 69 quid for a day pass as you can't book only for 3 hours....(Unless you have another website...)

Plaza Premium is 34 quid for 3 hours....or maybe cheaper with groupon..

Edited by Bullfrog

A Lot of the Reviews for the T2 Lounges werent that good.

I used it a few years back and was dissapointed.I wont do it again.

Now I go down to that superb little cafe in T2 that serves the most delicious Bacon & Egg rolls and a rather good cup of tea.

Now I go down to that superb little cafe in T2 that serves the most delicious Bacon & Egg rolls and a rather good cup of tea.

Just because I have paid in advance doesn't mean I can't cancel... I am open to alternatives...Where is this place and how much for a bottle of wine and a seafood platter.. ???

Sounds like Leon?

Just because I have paid in advance doesn't mean I can't cancel... I am open to alternatives...Where is this place and how much for a bottle of wine and a seafood platter.. ???

In the morning? Fuck that, though there is a seafood place around the corner to it. I hate seafood at the best of time.

Bacon & Egg roll for me

Bullfrog, if you're flying out of T2 EVA you can check in anytime and dump the bags off at the counter (it's all done electronically) so if you have a day pass, rock up early and avail of it.

I've never used any of the lounges but T2 is not the cheapest place to buy food and drink. Good idea for booking FT at SVB, I had it this time and the immigration queue was crazy, the girl told me it was 50 minutes to get to the front.

• Upvote 1

In the morning? Fuck that, though there is a seafood place around the corner to it. I hate seafood at the best of time.

Bacon & Egg roll for me

I plan on being through immigration and sitting in the lounge with a large wine in my hand at 4pm...but I guess 4pm is when rock stars like you are just getting out of bed on a Sunday... ;)

Bullfrog, if you're flying out of T2 EVA you can check in anytime and dump the bags off at the counter (it's all done electronically) so if you have a day pass, rock up early and avail of it.

I've never used any of the lounges but T2 is not the cheapest place to buy food and drink.

I shudder to think what state I'd be in drinking free wine with a day pass.....for 3 hours I shall definately get my money's worth..

• 4 weeks later...

. So its looking like Miracle First Class Lounge on Loungebuddy for 1,000 baht..

And indeedy it is...

Been here nearly an hour...

- 4x glasses of Conch-y-toro chardonnay (Sorry MM but it is far better than Jacob's)

- A plate of noodles freshly cooked and brought to my table

- A plate of prawns with chillie and vegie

- A plate of bokchoy and rice

- Another galss of wine whilst tpying

- Antothr grass aftr tyinpn

Oh yes! Well worth the money!!

EDIT = Bugger me they are bringing the bottle to pour for me to save having to get up.....A lovely lady that says she is an ex Thai Airways trolley dolly...probably in her 50s.....If KLM/BA she'd still be trollying..

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Upvote 2

And indeedy it is...

Been here nearly an hour...

- 4x glasses of Conch-y-toro chardonnay (Sorry MM but it is far better than Jacob's)

- A plate of noodles freshly cooked and brought to my table

- A plate of prawns with chillie and vegie

- A plate of bokchoy and rice

- Another galss of wine whilst tpying

- Antothr grass aftr tyinpn

Oh yes! Well worth the money!!

EDIT = Bugger me they are bringing the bottle to pour for me to save having to get up.....A lovely lady that says she is an ex Thai Airways trolley dolly...probably in her 50s.....If KLM/BA she'd still be trollying..

In there myself right now. Seems very pleasant.....struggling to keep my eyes off an extremely attractive young lady in a diaphanous one piece. Not having a drink yet, early for me... probably have a beer up in the air.

Hot food, coffee machine, Wi-Fi, and a nice ambience, you can watch the plebs walking back and forth outside.

Hang on a minute.. she is beckoning at me from the corridor to the bathrooms....

Nodded off there for 20 seconds....

Having NOT READ this entire thread,this took me 30 secs to find:

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/airport-lounges/book-lounges.htm

It's part of this site:

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/airport-guides.htm

Excellent. Hopefully we can build up a few choices so people can select what is relevant to their specific travel requirements - thanks.

In my case I briefly checked out the site even though I have already booked/paid/travelled

- It has no users reviews of each lounge

- BKK - I paid 1,000 baht.This site is 29 quid for the same lounge but had more choices of other lounges (I think)

- LHR . Only difference was a quid more and with no other choices

In there myself right now. Seems very pleasant.....struggling to keep my eyes off an extremely attractive young lady in a diaphanous one piece. Not having a drink yet, early for me... probably have a beer up in the air.

Hot food, coffee machine, Wi-Fi, and a nice ambience, you can watch the plebs walking back and forth outside.

Hang on a minute.. she is beckoning at me from the corridor to the bathrooms....

It turned out that the ex Thai Airways Trolley Dolley that served me was the company Training Director.

I was enjoying myself so much that reception came to get me cos I hadn't noticed the time but it was only a 10 minute walk to my gate.....I even think she poured me another glass whilst I was packing up my PC!!!

Disregarding what booking site people use this was a very good experience..

• 1 year later...

marleyboy and others

In a couple of weeks I will be departing LHR T2 and I am thinking of using the Premium Plaza lounge rather than my usual watering hole of Fullers London Pride.

Does the Plaza lounge have draught beer available (I know not Pride) :) or is it just bottles/cans?

TIA

marleyboy and others

In a couple of weeks I will be departing LHR T2 and I am thinking of using the Premium Plaza lounge rather than my usual watering hole of Fullers London Pride.

Does the Plaza lounge have draught beer available (I know not Pride) :) or is it just bottles/cans?

TIA

As far as I know, no draught, only a limited selection of bottled beers like Becks etc. I've also given it some thought for the future, it's about £40 for 3 hours isn't it?.