Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Anyone know why BR068 on Tuesday was cancelled?.

Seems like BR068 arrived at LHR 2 hours late in from BKK, it was then cancelled and sent out the following day as BR068D at 17:30.

With any luck I hope to be travelling on EVA soon, just wondered if this was a one off or if they're getting into the dubious habit of cancelling flights due to low pax volumes.

Seems like BR068 arrived at LHR 2 hours late in from BKK, it was then cancelled and sent out the following day as BR068D at 17:30.

With any luck I hope to be travelling on EVA soon, just wondered if this was a one off or if they're getting into the dubious habit of cancelling flights due to low pax volumes.

Couldnt be turned around in time to beat Heathrows departures curfew back out that evening. Happened to me on Eva before but I was lucky and got put on Thai that same evening because I was gold on Eva at the time back in 2004 if I recall correctly

This is why they dont like pissing around waiting at Bangkok on the outbound sector. That would have cost the airline all up around £200,000 that night for sure

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Upvote 2

Couldnt be turned around in time to beat Heathrows departures curfew back out that evening. Happened to me on Eva before but I was lucky and got put on Thai that same evening because I was gold on Eva at the time back in 2004 if I recall correctly

This is why they dont like pissing around waiting at Bangkok on the outbound sector. That would have cost the airline all up around £200,000 that night for sure

200 large, Ouch!!..., That does explain why though, I did wonder.

I expect there will always be an element of risk on an evening flight, luckily it seems to be quite a seldom occurance.

Cheers for the info.

Several years back had an Eva flight that was several hours late (probably coming from the UK) getting out of Bangkok going to Taipei. I figured there was no hope of making my connecting flight to the US. I didn't even hurry and was rehearsing my phone call "Boss, guess where I am." To my surprise my flight had not left.

200 large, Ouch!!..., That does explain why though, I did wonder.

I expect there will always be an element of risk on an evening flight, luckily it seems to be quite a seldom occurance.

Cheers for the info.

Bare minimum 200k not only parking at Heathrow for what was 20 hours full over nighting in hotels for that nights flight passengers, costs for people missing ongoing connections from the inbound BR67 and additional hotels for those missing last trains and coaches as well (Ive had that on another occasion) and we havent even started on the disruption on ongoing flights for having a 777 completely out of position. 200k bare minimum

Edited by Rawhide2

Sometimes it is possible to do a quicker than usual turnaround at LHR, it happened to me one time and we left about 2345hrs, I was looking out of the the window on take off and LHR were switching the runway lights off as we went up the runway. :lol:

Doesn’t Heathrow have some dispensation for late flights though? Easy to see why the airlines are keen to get their gear up in the sky as the night draws in, as you said rawhide, £200k minimum, plus 500 Euro per pax, even if there was say, 200 , that adds another 100k to that bill. Soon mounts up.

I expect someone somewhere is getting a bollocking for that one.

Doesn’t Heathrow have some dispensation for late flights though? Easy to see why the airlines are keen to get their gear up in the sky as the night draws in, as you said rawhide, £200k minimum, plus 500 Euro per pax, even if there was say, 200 , that adds another 100k to that bill. Soon mounts up.

I think it is more to do with the people on the ground.

Did a Google and got this....

https://www.heathrow.com/noise/heathrow-operations/night-flights

Edited by jacko

They do but the curfew completely kicks in a 11pm (unless thats changed).....after 10.30 they used to in the past to ask for dispensation to go but heavily fined for that as well. That may have changed I acknowledge

• Upvote 1

It's all about money at the end of the day it seems, and the Managment at LHR call the shots.

EVA took a big hit on this one for sure. That's interesting and useful info Rawhide and thanks for the heads up. I'll keep a keen eye on the inbound EVA67 in future as it may well dictate any plans if I'm flying that day.

I wonder how long, with the LHR expansion etc that the govt will actually keep the restriction in place, or maybe they might relax the rules. I know it must be a pain the the arse having 747's fly over your house at all hours, but as time goes on and technology improves maybe the noise issue will reduce somewhat.

I'm sat at LHR waiting for BR68 which has been delayed at least 2 hours, so it is questionable whether it will go out today.

It's interesting to see what happened to the inbound BR67 flight. It seems to have started the day at U-Tapao and then flown on to Swampy.

2018-04-26 20.12.15.png

Thankfully flightstats.com says Baz took off at 00:11

Hurrah

Thanks. ?

Flightstats isn't quite right,though, as we didn't start taxi-ing until 00:23.

There was suspense to the end. In the departure gate area, about a dozen young loutish Brits were behaving badly and were rat-arsed. They were taken aside and spoken to and had to board ahead of everyone else. My guess is that they would have not been allowed to fly had it not been for the irreparable delay unloading their luggage would have caused.

They were still causing trouble by keep standing up as we were coming into land.

More quality tourists for Thailand! ?

Yes good shout

Yes we have had a spell of thunderstorms in the BKK area some days back, and a spell in the Pattaya area yesterday.

Power out for a spell.

Actually this mornings thunderstorm has moved on to Bangkok and I expect making some problems there right now.

Radar Image.

Edited by jacko
  • 3 weeks later...

Fuckers.

The following day after Bazles flight I was due out on BR068 on the 27/4. It had a bird strike in BKK and didn't get to LHR until late that night so it was cancelled, so EVA had 2 flights cancelled with 3 days and deferred until the following day. my BR068 became BR068D and departed LHR at 13:30 on Sat 28th, getting into BKK at 06:20 on Sunday 29th.

I was first in line at the ticket desk, and overheard the staff saying they were going to bump some PAX onto the TG outward. When I asked the bloke said the planes were full, I then told him I'd heard them talking and he said it was for transfer pax only, so I then asked him why he felt the need to lie in the first place and tell me they were full planes, short of calling him a cunt I just snatched my paperwork and left.

We were put up in a shithole of a hotel, given a free "buffet" voucher which was like eating warmed up dogshit and the breakfast not much better.

still, I'm in line for some compo so it's not all bad news.

still, I'm in line for some compo so it's not all bad news.

EU rules should get you up To €600!

EU rules should get you up To €600!

I have to say I think these penalties on the airlines are incredibly harsh. We all know that cancellations happen for aircraft going tech after all we dont want to fly on a sub standard aircraft. Its costing the airline minimum of £200,000 for the disruption across its network (and then some) they put us up in hotels fed and watered and then rules say we can claim up to 600 Euro as well..... I'll happily take it like everyone else but its well harsh

300 people at 600 euro each adds 180,000 Euro to the costs.

Edited by Rawhide2
  • 2 weeks later...

On the continuation of BR068 to Taipei tomorrow. We shall see. :unsure: