Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Where to find a good "curry for beginners"in Pattaya

I have never appreciated a curry and since I like many English comfort foods that annoys me a bit.

I do not enjoy my food super spicy and don't care about silly rituals about who can eat the hottest curry.

Bearing this in mind can the boardies recommend a good place (and particular dish) in Pattaya to make me see curries in a different light?

• Downvote 1

I won't attempt to answer the question because I have never been to an Indian restaurant in Thailand. What I do know is that most Thai restaurants serve the sort of curry made with coconut milk and I have never had a bad one. The same rule applies to Cambodia and Laos. Give them a try and you will find some great food for 100 baht or less.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I won't attempt to answer the question because I have never been to an Indian restaurant in Thailand. What I do know is that most Thai restaurants serve the sort of curry made with coconut milk and I have never had a bad one. The same rule applies to Cambodia and Laos. Give them a try and you will find some great food for 100 baht or less.

I have actually had - and liked - a few of those. I was thinking more of the British type of curry - I should probably have mentioned this in the OP.

Edited by Odense

One place that seems to have a good reputation is the Indian restaurant almost next door to the Cherry Bar in Soi Diana. I believe Member Bushcraft is an affectionado of the place.

• Upvote 1

One place that seems to have a good reputation is the Indian restaurant almost next door to the Cherry Bar in Soi Diana. I believe Member Bushcraft is an affectionado of the place.

It's called Little India , do recommend ,

Joe

........ which is odd, because Jacko won a voucher for that place so we both went along (date night! :rotflmao ) and the service and food we received was awful! Bearing in mind the manager was aware of who we were and why Jacko had won the voucher, you would have thought he would have made sure everything as spot on, but unfortunately not.

Hey ho, not to worry

KM

........ which is odd, because Jacko won a voucher for that place so we both went along (date night! :rotflmao ) and the service and food we received was awful! Bearing in mind the manager was aware of who we were and why Jacko had won the voucher, you would have thought he would have made sure everything as spot on, but unfortunately not.

Hey ho, not to worry

KM

Maybe he's homophobic,, ?

Never had a issue there ,

Joe

• Upvote 1

Maybe he's homophobic,,

Never had a issue there ,

Joe

I think it has changed owners since, or maybe a new generation took over!

It has had it's ups and downs!

My favourite was The Fisherman Cafe, out by the lake.

I think it has changed owners since, or maybe a new generation took over!

It has had it's ups and downs!

My favourite was The Fisherman Cafe, out by the lake.

So it might be great and it might be awful. Luckily we don't all like the same.

Out by the lake is too far when driving myself is off the cards - and did it close also?

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

So it might be great and it might be awful. Luckily we don't all like the same.

Out by the lake is too far when driving myself is off the cards - and did it close also?

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

Oh yes, I think with curries that is very true.... I was reading someone here extolling the virtues of another place on soi Buakhao at the top of Honey, and I had been in days before thinking how crap it was! I am cautious with Indian places. Best ones are in the UK!

Edited by jacko

Oh yes, I think with curries that is very true.... I was reading someone here extolling the virtues of another place on soi Buakhao at the top of Honey, and I had been in days before thinking how crap it was! I am cautious with Indian places. Best ones are in the UK!

Best Indian I've ever tasted was in Bolton.... Was a regular there!!!!

I'm not a fan of Indian or U.K.-style curry, so I can't speak from personal experience as I almost never eat it. However, a U.K. friend who is a fan sings the praises of the curry at Kilkenny on LK Metro. I've never had it and probably won't, just relaying information.

37068865_1881055678675984_6501034426766458880_n.jpg

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1

A good starting point might be the special the Retox group do on a Wednesday. They do a chicken tikka masala with pillau rice, naan bread a popadom and mint yoghurt for 149 baht. It normally includes a glass of San Miguel draft as well but last week they had run out of the 'promotion' beer. It's not the biggest portion, but for 149 baht you can't complain. The sauce is not too spicy and contains a decent amount of chicken breast.

I prefer Retox Game On on Soi Honey of the Retox venues.

Other venues worth considering are Curry Home on Soi Buakhau, just south of Soi Lengkee and Real India in Jomtien, both of which have a good selection of dishes to suit most tastes.

Edited by tallguy
  • Upvote 2