Jump to content
Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Olded

Baht

Recommended Posts

On 12/30/2019 at 10:51 AM, yogi100 said:

 

. Let's hope he does not betray that trust.

lol big style. As of 31st December the oaf has already gone back on 7 election pledges including Cancer and Childrens wards being offered for privatisation...... Mind you you were all warned enough times zero sympathy for the shit thats coming for the people who voted for the buffoon...... By the way when he deliberately crashes us out of the EU (on behalf oh his hedge fund chums) with no deal on 31st December 2020 expect Sterling at $1.15 and with the ever rising Dollar/Baht ratio probably sat at 29 by then we can look forward to Sterling equalling around 33.50

Happy New Year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jacko said:

Alright, a classifier.... of the people who could be bothered and were eligible to vote, the majority voted for Brexit 

You are trying to create a false impression based on people who did not vote. Trying to include those who are ineligible and couldn't be bothered?

What you posted sounds to me like an opposition to the true process of democracy... 

What on earth does a 'majority was gained mean? Anything like a 'majority was  won'.....?

Reality Please...and as Boris (the PM)  said this morning....

“a fantastic year and a remarkable decade for our United Kingdom”

Unlike you he does not see the British people as sheep!

 

 

 

Not all the British people are sheep just the 13.9 million who voted tory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, if this keeps along the political track, it will be moved to the politics forum.

The topic of this thread is 'Baht'

 

KM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Talking of baht.... 

It took a spike up and then back down again in the last couple of days.The US$  rate went down to 29.7, then this morning it has bounced back to 30.14. That is quite substantial. What kicked that off? 

Later Edit:

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380025

Edited by jacko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacko said:

Talking of baht.... 

It took a spike up and then back down again in the last couple of days.The US$  rate went down to 29.7, then this morning it has bounced back to 30.14. That is quite substantial. What kicked that off? 

Later Edit:

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380025

Was on the way to the Avenue for lunch and an ATM visit.  Had contemplated taking it out of my US account until I went past a T-T booth.  Okay, I still have money in Bangkok Bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

utterly bizarre

  •  Brexit has become a referendum on the pound, after DC’s political career. Ain’t got nuttin’ to do with the current POTUS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Mook said:
  •  Brexit has become a referendum on the pound, after DC’s political career. Ain’t got nuttin’ to do with the current POTUS.

Equally bizarre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, keyman said:

Guys, if this keeps along the political track, it will be moved to the politics forum.

The topic of this thread is 'Baht'

 

KM

Like it or not most movement in currencies is down to politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pattysteve said:

Like it or not most movement in currencies is down to politics.

Hi,

I'd say currency trading is the most difficult business to make money in. Politics is a big issue,but imagine the Big One hits California.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-01-01/earthquake-near-san-jose

Bay Area rattled by magnitude 3.9 earthquake near San Jose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 3:58 AM, pattysteve said:

Like it or not most movement in currencies is down to politics.

Hi,

The ME could implode after the latest event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wacmedia said:

Hi,

The ME could implode after the latest event.

I booked a flight yesterday I'm glad I chose KLM over middle East airline.

The old McMillan quote comes to mind " events dear boy events"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, yselmike said:

I booked a flight yesterday I'm glad I chose KLM over middle East airline.

The old McMillan quote comes to mind " events dear boy events"

Hi,

Never use ME airlines. I know some are good but I dont want the extra dangers involved in transiting there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wacmedia said:

Hi,

Never use ME airlines. I know some are good but I dont want the extra dangers involved in transiting there.

I use Emirates when I can. But its direct from New Zealand to Bangkok with transit in Australia. If there are problems in the Middle East its after Bangkok so not my problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get real guys...non of these carriers transit via Tehran, Damascus or Baghdad. Dubai and Abu Dhabi have been stable for years. I would expect BA and London to be as likely targets. Probably a good time to get a nice price via Oman. I am turning into an old man waiting for Wac's implosions and predictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Get real guys...non of these carriers transit via Tehran, Damascus or Baghdad. Dubai and Abu Dhabi have been stable for years. I would expect BA and London to be as likely targets. Probably a good time to get a nice price via Oman. I am turning into an old man waiting for Wac's implosions and predictions.
Totally agree with you.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try and stay on topic folks, it's not about events in the Middle East!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 11:01 PM, jacko said:

 I am turning into an old man waiting for Wac's implosions and predictions.

Hi,

All present events are a result of the BUST. It's taking time to unwind.

Banking doesn’t involve fraud, banking IS fraud.
Tim Madden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, without banks it is likely I could have never been a homeowner. Same for my poorer parents, my son and his wife, my ex-wife, my daughter and her husband, and so many others in my extended family, friends, neighbors and beyond.

We just need proper regulations to protect us from fraud.

Not one banker went to jail for the banking collapse a decade ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've read over the last few weeks, even the Thais are bemoaning the strength of the THB. Exports are getting hit pretty hard along with the tourist trade. It is seen as a safe haven for many investors in SEA, this has also effected the Philippine peso but to a lesser extent, the main issue there being the Chinese investment pushing up the price of land in and around Manila.

I don't think we will see any improvement in the $/£ THB anytime soon, and while this is a baht thread, developing issues between the USA and Iran could have an effect on the strength of the dollar ,as well as the cost of oil which then filters down to international exchange rates, but that's only the simplified way I see things, so I may well be wide of the mark on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wacmedia said:

Hi,

All present events are a result of the BUST. It's taking time to unwind.

Banking doesn’t involve fraud, banking IS fraud.
Tim Madden

Pal, I just looked up your old 'Bust' thread. You started it April 2008! At this rate and my current age, perhaps it is something I need not fret over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Butch said:

From what I've read over the last few weeks, even the Thais are bemoaning the strength of the THB. Exports are getting hit pretty hard along with the tourist trade. It is seen as a safe haven for many investors in SEA, this has also effected the Philippine peso but to a lesser extent, the main issue there being the Chinese investment pushing up the price of land in and around Manila.

I don't think we will see any improvement in the $/£ THB anytime soon, and while this is a baht thread, developing issues between the USA and Iran could have an effect on the strength of the dollar ,as well as the cost of oil which then filters down to international exchange rates, but that's only the simplified way I see things, so I may well be wide of the mark on that.

Yes, I even had a MP girl who seemed to grasp the gist of the problem talk to me recently. (While bemoaning bad business... she failed to notice the extra 3 or 4 kilos she had packed on!). 

Chinese 'investment'... optimistically put, it is a take-over!

I have better hopes for Baht/£, I think it will settle just above 40 soon.... I hope it hurries up, I have a few expensive items I need to buy, and it is going to have to be in Thailand. I just looked at Transferwise as they had become my usual way of sending money here. The advantage they had seems to be nearly dissolved, their charges have gone up. I would rather go SWIFT (or whatever) straight from my bank if Transferwise only shows a slight benefit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacko said:

Pal, I just looked up your old 'Bust' thread. You started it April 2008! At this rate and my current age, perhaps it is something I need not fret over. 

Wac and his financial ramblings are like a stopped clock, i.e., eventually he will be right for a brief time.

He's just looking for some winding up assistance ... I'll help ... thanks Wac; I bought Bank of America back in 2009 after your sage predictions ... it's gone from $4/share (although being a LDOP I got it at $5) to about $35/share today while maintaining a 2% yield.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, jacko said:

 

I have better hopes for Baht/£, I think it will settle just above 40 soon.... I hope it hurries up, I have a few expensive items I need to buy, and it is going to have to be in Thailand. I just looked at Transferwise as they had become my usual way of sending money here. The advantage they had seems to be nearly dissolved, their charges have gone up. I would rather go SWIFT (or whatever) straight from my bank if Transferwise only shows a slight benefit. 

Cant see that TW have increased charges Jacko  ??   £1000 was £7 and £5000 was £30.07 so just over £6 per 1k (as of few minutes ago)

I tried trawling back on my account but it only shows the amount of Baht paid out.  Am pretty sure £1000 was £6.93 before from memory

Edited....I dont use debit card to fund I transfer direct from online banking. I think its marginally cheaper

Edited by Rawhide2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ok there is the difference. Amount was for £10,000 transfer......£30 more but for the life of me I cant see why when debit card involved

 

Screenshot_2020-01-09 Transfer Money Online — Send Money Abroad with TransferWise.png

Edited by Rawhide2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...