Jump to content
Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
Sign in to follow this  
Butch

Thai cancels LHR/BKK Flights May- June

Recommended Posts

TG916 and TG917 are cancelled between 04 May and 30 June

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/news/news_announcement/news_detail/coronavirus.page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Butch said:

TG916 and TG917 are cancelled between 04 May and 30 June

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/news/news_announcement/news_detail/coronavirus.page

It has been a very very long time since I flew TG but those were the dates I had planned for my trip back to see my new Grandaughter. There are 2 UK Bank Holiday dates in there somewhere I think...I was going either Emirates or Sri Lankan though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think the reason is 2 fold Bullfrog, Thai are in desperate financial difficulties at the moment and as the list shows, have cancelled swathes of flights and grounded planes. May / June is the low point before school hols in July / Aug as well, plus the whole thing is exacerbated by the current situation.

There will be some good deals floating around for the time you wish to go, hopefully!

Edited by Butch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thai and EVA are both part of Star Alliance, and are competing with each other on the LHR/BKK route. I would expect some sort of deal to happen if passenger numbers fall, as will inevitably happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bazle said:

Thai and EVA are both part of Star Alliance, and are competing with each other on the LHR/BKK route. I would expect some sort of deal to happen if passenger numbers fall, as will inevitably happen.

We'll they've just dropped to zero outbound...

Edited...obviously some foreign nationals listed would be able to travel

Edited by Rawhide2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coincidentally I received an email from them this morning moving a return leg from Bali by a day. Seems odd they are still even considering flying at all. I tried to cancel the whole booking but am unable to online and I am not inclined to go to one of their offices as they suggest. We are in a meltdown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an email from Thai this morning informing me that our booking with them for CNX-BKK in June had been amended.... look like like they have reduced the wide-body service to CNX down to a morning and evening flight.... our booking was for the afternoon flight..... Bollocks!!! Evening flight arrives over an hour and a half after our booked QR flight to Doha leaves.... :banghead

Starts pondering options whilst stuck at work.....

UK government issues warning about overseas travel for the next months...... Bollocks!!!!! :banghead

Got in from work and decided to check my QR booking...... Guess what? QR have amended my booking..... looks like they are suspending the morning Manchester QR21/22 flights and adjusting the BKK flights....... Bollocks!!!! 3 out the 4 legs have been changed.... :banghead

QR have offered a full refund if I decided to cancel....

Considering QR are allowing bookings to be amended free of charge up until 3 days before the flight I might just hang on to see how the virus situation develops....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

QR have offered a full refund if I decided to cancel....

Snatch their bloody hand off....... do you really think things will settle down that quickly.

I believe you will need health certificates to enter Thailand by then, there is even some confusion over whether it is a requirement at the moment..... likely it is still for China, HK, Taiwan, Italy, S,Korea etc.

(There is even a risk of a complete ban)

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/ind_outbreak.php

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1154034-all-visitors-to-thailand-require-medical-certificate-insurance-and-monitoring-system/

Edited by jacko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jacko said:

Snatch their bloody hand off....... do you really think things will settle down that quickly.

I believe you will need health certificates to enter Thailand by then, there is even some confusion over whether it is a requirement at the moment..... likely it is still for China, HK, Taiwan, Italy, S,Korea etc.

(There is even a risk of a complete ban)

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/ind_outbreak.php

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1154034-all-visitors-to-thailand-require-medical-certificate-insurance-and-monitoring-system/

I guess it will depend on how quickly the number of infections start tailing off....If things haven't improved I will probably cancel in around 5 weeks time.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, somebody books a flight anywhere for later in the year and the airline goes under. As was stated earlier, state owned airlines will still be in business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Sorry for you guys having problems. Also, airline shares have taken a hammering. British Airways company.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you fancy buying shares in an airline that is essentially run by a bunch of cunts (BA) then be my guest.

I read somewhere (maybe here) that by May, 80% of Airlines will be bankrupt if this horsepucky continues on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Butch said:

If you fancy buying shares in an airline that is essentially run by a bunch of cunts (BA) then be my guest.

I read somewhere (maybe here) that by May, 80% of Airlines will be bankrupt if this horsepucky continues on.

That is on the mind of our leaders. One good thing is that they want to keep domestic airflight going as strong as possible and offer low interest loans to struggling companies, even beyond airlines...cruise lines, restaurants and on and on. The big problem here is a demand problem and not a supply problem.

Grubhub seems to be making money. Of course the stock doesn't reflect it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Butch said:

If you fancy buying shares in an airline that is essentially run by a bunch of cunts (BA) then be my guest.

I read somewhere (maybe here) that by May, 80% of Airlines will be bankrupt if this horsepucky continues on.

Airlines themselves said 80% would go bankrupt by 30th April because of relentless outgoing capital expenditure with 40% already flying insolvent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rawhide2 said:

Airlines themselves said 80% would go bankrupt by 30th April because of relentless outgoing capital expenditure with 40% already flying insolvent

If they are paying for new aircraft can Boeing and airbus freeze payments? They sure don't need to be making new aircraft now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacko said:

If they are paying for new aircraft can Boeing and airbus freeze payments? They sure don't need to be making new aircraft now!

You would think that would be sensible albeit most motors are sold from new to leasing companies ( effectively private banks) who then 're lease to the relevant airline

Bottom line is most will owe the bank rather than the manufacturer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant see any airline buying new planes this year. If 80% or more of their planes are parked up why would they buy new planes?  

Even when flights start again it will be months if not years before demand is anywhere near 2019 levels. The thousands of people losing their jobs sure wont be holidaying overseas this year.

Both Boeing and Airbus are in big trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, awesum4 said:

I cant see any airline buying new planes this year. If 80% or more of their planes are parked up why would they buy new planes?  

Both Boeing and Airbus are in big trouble.

Agreed.  But there are going to be some good deals on used planes....every billionaire is going to want at least one....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BigusDicus said:

Agreed.  But there are going to be some good deals on used planes....every billionaire is going to want at least one....

Apparently it costs a lot to store planes for a year or more....if you had a really big backyard they would probably give you a couple for free  as it would save them money.  You could then refit them inside and rent them out on Airbnb 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 2:39 AM, awesum4 said:

I cant see any airline buying new planes this year. If 80% or more of their planes are parked up why would they buy new planes?  

Even when flights start again it will be months if not years before demand is anywhere near 2019 levels. The thousands of people losing their jobs sure wont be holidaying overseas this year.

Both Boeing and Airbus are in big trouble.

This might help Boeing with their problems. They were likely going to lose business to Airbus and now they have extra time to work out their problems. They will still lose money but now so will Airbus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i cant see any good prices being offered after most of the competition goes bust they will have a captive customer base  ....pay up or dont fly..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...