Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pattaya Area Construction Projects

Showers haven't lost their heads yet.
P3020004.jpg

Two of the four drains were clogged with sand though.
P3020007.jpg

P3020008.jpg

Wonder when, if ever they'll get around to completing the second shower. It is amazing how long the simplest of projects can take here. Attention deficit disorder is rampant here.
P3020011.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I inspected this morning round about 0830.  These are genuine and no AI enhancements.  

Today's Soi 15 disaster update. Not easy to see in this photo, but the seam on the left side of the DIY access tube hasn't been sealed and you can see th

Moving towards Soi Buakhao some progress has been made.

Posted Images

18 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Two of the four drains were clogged with sand though.

That's a shame, I was hoping they would help the flooding issue next rainy season!

• Haha 1

@forcebwithu And another thing noticed... 

Are you familiar with Soi Suk 36/1, which usefully cuts between Soi Yume and Suk...? Radi Mansion is on there. I was pleasantly surprised when I drove it today..no speed bumps! Great.. not for hotels there of course. Bad news, it is being designated as a detour or bypass for Suk traffic to North Pattaya, since Sukhumvit is going to get messy. The soi needs to be at least twice as wide!

Edited by jacko
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, blue_flag said:

The pavement surface had collapsed under the rear off side wheel of the large heavy good vehicle.  

DSCF3284.jpg

Just as well it was the HGV and not one of our generously proportioned BMs! 😄

12 hours ago, Bazle said:

Just as well it was the HGV and not one of our generously proportioned BMs! 

Well my thoughts were the pavements hardly survive any time with a few joggers and walkers each day so an HGV was optimistic. 

On 3/3/2024 at 1:00 PM, jacko said:

@forcebwithu And another thing noticed... 

Are you familiar with Soi Suk 36/1, which usefully cuts between Soi Yume and Suk...? Radi Mansion is on there. I was pleasantly surprised when I drove it today..no speed bumps! Great.. not for hotels there of course. Bad news, it is being designated as a detour or bypass for Suk traffic to North Pattaya, since Sukhumvit is going to get messy. The soi needs to be at least twice as wide!

As a yank growing up with nice wide roads I'd say that about all the roads in Thailand.  😅

19 hours ago, Shooter said:

As a yank growing up with nice wide roads I'd say that about all the roads in Thailand.  😅

And yet, huge coaches get up and down them. This one included. 

On the south end of the beach, two of the new light poles the power cable is routed through the access cover. Not only that, but they stripped off the outer protective layer of insulation before the cable enters the opening. Hope nobody tries to close the access door over the unprotected wires.
P3080001.jpg

P3080002.jpg

I'm also baffled as to why there are two power conduits poking out of sand by this light pole. They're obviously not needed for that light as it's working fine off another buried power source.
P3080004.jpg

P3080009.jpg

And as long as I'm on a roll of critiquing the new work, the two week old new pavers look like crap.
P3080011.jpg

On 3/8/2024 at 4:26 AM, jacko said:

And yet, huge coaches get up and down them. This one included. 

I am impressed with the coach drivers. 

31 minutes ago, Shooter said:

I am impressed with the coach drivers. 

Less impressive when you are blocked or get stuck behind them of course. 

DSCF3436.jpg

I think two rows of stalls have been removed.  I suspect a building will be erected on the land being flattened.   The current task of the heavy plant unit was to demolish the Runway Street Food sign.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The number of palm trees along Beach Road seems to have increased considerably over the last few months:
20240819_155730.jpg

20240819_155736.jpg

• Like 3