Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

On 6/4/2022 at 8:09 PM, TheFiend said:

Cheap? No, just different priorities for my spending money.

If I was cheap I'd be paying the lowest fare possible to fly, but I don't. Since Qatar changed from 30Kg and free seat selection on economy, to a tiered economy fares structure with varying amounts of checked luggage, seat selection not-included/included and differing mileage accrual I'm paying the extra to get 30Kg checked baggage and seat selection. :P:P:P

Likely your Mrs wants to bring so much crap it would be far cheaper than excess baggage. I don't even know what my baggage weight limit is in Biz!

This is one of those discussions over economyy/biz thats prompts big disagreements

I could be a multi millionaire and still wouldn't travel Biz....(I would use Elite on Eva their premium economy but not biz or first)

I just want to get from A to B safely......the thought of blowing £2k extra over economy to me is senseless. How come I have no problem in an economy seat at 1.90 and 107kg ?

Down the years have had a few upgrades but still didnt sleep. In fact paying an extra £2k for Biz and then going to sleep is even more insane in my book I vividly recall one upgrade on Cathay Pacific in the 90's back to London and spent the whole flight amusing myself

Then again say if you were only doing it once a year then I can understand people perhaps using Biz but if you were doing 6-7 trips a year economy every time

You are right. I dont understand the disagreements. Do what the hell you want.  I cannot fly economy on the 24 hour trip from D.C.   I beg off the fine dining tablecloth and the jellied whatever eel and just ask them to leave the bottle of Sake. You may consider insane,  I sleep quite well. We both do fine.

• Upvote 2

Getting stuck  between complete strangers in a long economy row for hours on end wanting to pee, and finding a Q at the toilet when you do get there..... (and using a toilet after an Arab, you will learn the true meaning of terrorism!) .What's not to like? Getting into an elbow barge with a fat 107 Kg guy for a few hours for the armrest :P... the kid behind kicking the seat, the crying baby, being completely blanked trying to get another beer.... wine (one teeny bottle only) from a plastic 'glass', long queue at check in, security, in the jetway, boarding... a waiting area packed with no seats available, those 4-5 quid beers and extortionately priced  snacks. Getting to the airport hours in advance, pissing about with weight limits on suitcases.... long waits at immigration (sadly you still get that when you land at European airports). As you get older, it is less fun than it used to be..... 

If I was a multi millionaire I would travel Biz wherever I could, what is the point of having money if you sit cramped in a tiny seat counting it. Only thing missing is the oars!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

^^^agree with that. Economy to business class is quite a step up. If I were a 'simple' millionaire I wouldn't pay first class prices. Although a suite with a bed would be tempting if one was a multi millionaire.

11 hours ago, Chris100UK said:

^^^agree with that. Economy to business class is quite a step up. If I were a 'simple' millionaire I wouldn't pay first class prices. Although a suite with a bed would be tempting if one was a multi millionaire.

and if a bit more then the appeal of private charter looms large

I am not very keen to fly Economy these days because I am not a small person and BKK flights are usually almost full, so a very cramped position, having said that, my first few trips to Thailand back around 2003/04 were in Evergeen Class, which was exceptional good value back in the day.

My last flights in February 2020 were Business in Emirates and it was the best experience I have ever had on an aircraft, they even collected me from home in a big Mercedes, but I am definitely not going to be paying £1000 more than 2 years ago for the privilege.

Whilst we are very similar, for flights we are all different at different times, I have gone via HKG, flew Business, Premium and Economy with various airlines but I have lost interest in Economy now many airlines are 10 across on the 777/3.

I won't be making my mind up for a while but at the back of my mind are Finnair Business or Eva premium Economy, I looked at BR via AMS or CDG but I am too old for running for connecting flights. ?

8 hours ago, Gus said:

I am not very keen to fly Economy these days because I am not a small person and BKK flights are usually almost full, so a very cramped position, having said that, my first few trips to Thailand back around 2003/04 were in Evergeen Class, which was exceptional good value back in the day.

?

Evergreen flew 747's then and Elite class was in the nose of the 747 under the cockpit. Incredibly quiet, expansive area wise, full Closet in front and two seat configuration with entry/exit from both sides due to curvature of the hull. What a deal then and a pleasure to fly EVA then.

My next trip flying JAL Biz.

Gus, Petro is not getting any cheaper. I bought my airfare last month and the cost has increased $600 USD.

• Like 1