Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

going direct to pattaya

which one?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

just wondering what the most used method of getting to pattaya is by the board members.

I usta just go to taxi stand and grab a taxi, but very few know anything about getting around pattaya so as of late I've been using Merridan Suba Dive web site to book pick-up, worked well so far although more expensive then just grabbing a cab

i am editing to ask if people ever book "round trip" right from the begining or wait to book a taxi back till it's time to go?

Edited by rb

If the hotel I'm staying at has service, I'll take theirs. If not, I'll book one from a company. For me it's worth the extra bahtto have someone waiting for you when you get there and who knows where they are going in Pattaya.

Edited by LBJ
If the hotel I'm staying at has service, I'll take theirs. If not, I'll book one from a company. For me it's worth the extra bahtto have someone waiting for you when you get there and who knows where they are going in Pattaya.

Same here. Being in a wheelchair, I don't want to leave getting to Pattaya by chance. Even though it costs an additional 1000 baht, I rather reserve a wheelchair van than risk someone trying to lift my chair into the back of a regular van and perhaps dropping/damaging it.

Edited by LilWilly

I am going to try the taxi outside method. I am also going to walk around with a white cardboard sign that says " Pattaya " to find a rideshare. So if you see some big white guy, with a beard, burr hair cut and a back pack it is me :D

I voted for contract with hotel for pick up,but actually i e-mail a girl who owns a small travelagency in Jomtien.

She drives me herself or send a very good other driver,never had a problem.

1500 baht all incl.

• 2 weeks later...

The times I have gone straight to Pattaya from the BKK airport, I have gone outside to the taxi que and told the girl at the booth that I need a taxi to Pattaya. She tells me the price is 1500 baht and encludes all the tolls.

I guess I have been lucky because never had a problem getting to the hotel. I tell them to find the beach and I will take it from there with directions. Coming in on the highway and I see the Bangkok Patttaya Hospital, I can give directions from there.

LeoTex

if I arrive in the daytime, I cheap charlie and get bus. if I arrive at night I get cab from outside rank.

I use Jan and Paul's service. she's always on time. reliable and nice to talk to. so far I've never seen a bad report on them. They are a little bit more costly. But like I say I enjoy her company.

paul 047151872 Lostinspace

• 2 weeks later...

I used to take taxi but now get a bus from Mo Chit if I am going there first. Usually though stop in BKK for a couple of nights then take bus from Ekamai.

I have become a cheap charlie in this respect but not when it comes to hotel or girls.

Ric

I use the licensed livery service in the arrival hall for 2K. My credit card company that I use to book my airfare will cover any medical expenses if I'm involved in an accident to and from the airport. Same goes for the life insurance coverage.

My preffered method is by supersonic aircraft or something even a little quicker. But dont know if that is an option. So normally have a pre-booked taxi waitin to collect me.

Isnt it just great to turn left into the arrivals hall at Bangkok Airport, approach the awaiting throng then pick out your driver holding a card with your name in bold.

:chogdee2 :wanker :clap2 :clap1 :clap2 :clap2 :clap2

It gives me a great feeling of arrival.

• 3 weeks later...

I like to take the busses.

Last time, I took the Airport bus the Ekami and then the buss to Pattaya.

This time, I will try a taxi to Morchit bus station and then a bus from there.

By taking the busses, I learn something, it is all part of the fun for me.

I dont want to say "I am a stupid, rich, white guy who is in a hurry and cant work it out - Please take me"

But then I am a little strange like that :chogdee2

I like to take the busses.

By taking the busses, I learn something, it is all part of the fun for me.

I dont want to say "I am a stupid, rich, white guy who is in a hurry and cant work it out - Please take me"

But then I am a little strange like that :allright

I've taken the bus from Pattaya to BKK many times and it's a viable option. For the guys who get in late at night car service is the only way to go.

Hi,

I usually stay in BKK before heading to Pattaya. On a few occasions I've gone to Pattaya direct I've used the buses as well. I always book a flight to arrive at a suitable time. As BigD says if you arrive late best to get a taxi.

I almost took the bus from Ekami to Pattaya but got confused as to which one. The place was super crowded and I was reluctant to show my ignorance by asking too many questions. Which bus is it that has the AC? And is it true that it takes 3-4 hours on the Bus?

No it doesn't take three to four hours to get to Patts. Bit longer then a car but not all that much. I've never been put on a non ac bus.

I almost took the bus from Ekami to Pattaya but got confused as to which one

Hi,

In my experience the buses leave from the No 1 bus stand. The buses are always Air conditioned , and it's no longer than a car journey (around 2 hrs)

If you are spending a day or two in Bangkok then you wish to proceed to Pattaya, then ask the tour desk at your hotel to arrange your transport.

For 300 Baht a mini bus picks you up then takes you to a bus depot where a large A/C Coach then transports you to Sin City terminal, then another mini bus drops you at your hotel. :thumbup Total journey time is around 3 hours :D

I know it's not for everyone but it shall certainly appeal to those on a budget who don't want the hassle of finding the right bus at Ekamai.