Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

your top 5 restaraunts

I enjoy the food at Tequila Reef, and find it to be closer to Mexican food than the resteraunts in the States. I often times think that people in the States think that the food served to them is athentic. In most cases, that is far from the truth. Chinese food in the States, actually only represents Chinese food from only one province of China, and is very "Americanized".

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cherry Restaurant, 3rd Road.

The Sportsman, Soi 6.

El Toro, 2nd Road.

Ma Maison, Soi 13.

Art Cafe, Soi 16, Pattaya Naklua Road. There has been a recent change of management, so caveat emptor.

Vientiane, on Walking Street, is not bad. "Old Plantation setting" along the water. It won't win any medals, but if you have a group of people all with different taste, you should be able to find something to please everyone from their large menu.

If you say so, John Holmes, but a couple of friends and myself (2 from California where we get more than our "share" of Mexican food) recently ate at The Tequila Reef and maybe they just had a "off night" but IMHO it was absolutely, without a doubt, the worst Mexican Food I've ever eaten....well, there is Taco Smell...er Bell.... :D It was almost tasteless, like eating air, if you could do so. The rice was in hard clumps. The beans were...like the rest of it...tasteless....

Edited by Scalawag

I agree with you to an extent. No, the food at Tequila Reef does not resemble the Mexican food found in the border cities. I find some of the dishes rahter close to what you would find in Central and Southern Mexico. Yes, I agree, that some of the dishes they serve are not the best.

I would suggest the hard shell tacos, the make your own tortillas, the chips and salsa (mix the darker with the lighter it makes a great taste) to be pleasant, and how can you beat their frozen margaritas? I find the Mexican Salad to be a good dish as well. The Tijuana Taxi burrito is one of my favorites, as is the chili burger with lots of jallopino's on it.

To each his own, I find the Sportsman and El Toro to be sub-standard in my tastes. But that's jsut it isn't it? We all have different taste buds.

1) The restaurant I have been to is the Buffet at the Montien Hotel on Second Road. A little pricey 550 Baht all you can eat, but suoerb Seafood. Lobster tails, Crab, Oysters, Delicious Mussels. Also does Steaks, Roast dinners and numerous other dishes. Wel worth the money IMO for a nice experience.

2) Tequila Reef in Soi 7 - Excellent Mexican foos with large portions.

3) Premiership Football - Excellent Farang Food. Again massive protions and superb Burgers

4) The Thai Barbecue near Big C. Not sure of the Soi. Ok this is cheap and the quality of food is probably not the greatest, but this is a lovely way to dine out with 4 or more. Just sit back and enjoy a couple of Beers and you Tirak will do the rest for you.

5) The Cart outside Cherry Bar. Doesn’t matter which one, the fact that I am eating from it means that I have had such a good night I have not bothered with dinner and am now so drunk I don’t care what I am eating

I like the Texas Bar-B-Q nightly at the Residence Garden. Nice selection of food and a good selection of Thai food as well so the girls tend to like it.

Pig & Whistle is good as well.

Marriott has a great breakfast buffet. Really first class

Although its a bit out of the way of mainstream Pattaya,(3km south) on the Naklua Road, I would like to give a plug for the Elephant Bar opposite the Asia Pattaya Hotel ( where I was staying). I must have ate there most days , they did a mighty fine English breakfast, a very nice sunday roast( just for a change) and I had the most spectacular Tiger prawns and rice there I have ever eaten. Not a single gippy tummy either, and my stomach doesnt handle hot or spicy foods at all. Nothing was too much trouble, even for altering the food to remove the garlic. Suitable food for my bland English palate was one of my most "fears" in going to Thailand especially after a very bad stomach in Egypt, and this place just hit the right spot for me, and like all food there in Patts it wasnt expensive. One very happy punter. :allright :clap1 2guns

KFC

McD

MK Suki

Wherever the FLB gets the grub from

Room service at hotel...thats the places I have eaten in that town.

I hate going to proper restaurants...

You might want to consider sampling the bug cart. It won't kill you to try something different!

The kebab dude on Soi 8

Kiss Food at sunrise

The fruit dude on Soi 8

The Issan food chick on Soi 13 & Beach Rd - sticky rice, pig knuckles, salted fish, leafy green, herbs, and the tasty nam prik - yum. I'll pass on the raw cockles, but the LBFMs lub them.

That O La La place on Soi 7 next to Rosie O'Grady's, tasty yams.

:chogdee

As anyone who has meet me will agree my growing girth of my waist line comes not only from drink but of food. I do like tasty well cooked food, wether it be local or farang type food.

Here some restaurants that I had taken pics of and thought you might like also (not placed in any rank, they are all good for different reasons).

1st is a seafood restaurant, very cheaply priced, full of thai's as well, so taking your bar fine there will mean she will throughly enjoy it. It is not as far as Bang sarin where I love or the Tarzan restaurant which are also both very good places for seafood.

res.jpg

res1.jpg

res2.jpg

2nd is the Art Cafe, really like the food here, have some really different and tasy stuff here, they are on Door to Door, but it's the look of this restaurant that I like. Go in the afternoons as it is very quiet then and also no mosquito's.... a lazy afternoon lunch :)

res3.jpg

res4.jpg

res5.jpg

3rd Place which I only discovered this trip but wish i had earlier is La Norte or maybe spelled La Note, someone please correct me if I am wrong. It is located at the end of walking street, opposite Siam Bayshore restaurant virtually on the beach side of walking street. The food if you like Mata Hari and Casa pascal's is top notch, however strangely enough for a restaurant like this on walking street is not expensive. Very well priced. Food and service here is excellent. Although open air to walking street, it has huge air con coolers that cool the place and you can smoke.

res8.jpg

res7.jpg

res6.jpg

Other Restaurants that I personally like and think are value for money and dining experience are:

Mata Hari

Indian by Nature

Casa Pascals

Cabbages and condoms

Edited by ruskiehat

My tastes are pretty simple and I value cheap food, but these are all places I HAVE to visit when I come to Pattaya:

-Hamburger Denmark (All over, though my favorite is the one just past the Blues Factory). Best greasy hamburger in town.

-Premiership (Soi Dianna). Biggest and best non-greasy hamburger in town.

-Big Al's (Across from Big C, in front of Atlantic Bar). Best burritos and chili cheese fries.

-Dianna Dragon (Soi Dianna). Great Thai food (my girl loves it) and lots of good,cheap falang food.

-Malee's (Soi Honey). 60 baht spaghetti w/bread, and my girl says the thai food is pretty good.

-The kebob stand on Soi 8 (across from Sexy Girls Gogo). The best of the kebobs. That's why they always have a line.

My tastes are pretty simple and I value cheap food, but these are all places I HAVE to visit when I come to Pattaya:

-Hamburger Denmark (All over, though my favorite is the one just past the Blues Factory). Best greasy hamburger in town.

Hey if you like burger's have you tried Bob's BBQ burger's, they are just past the juction of 3rd road and pattaya south, really nice burgers.

swiss restuarant soi diamond (unbelievable steak)

Neeroys curry house (soi chayapoon) for curry and regular farang stuff (lasagna is tops)

Korean buffet 100baht (3rd road across from old route 999) seafood as much as you can eat.

Tequila reef (soi7) the BEST bbq ribs i have ever tasted

Shagwell mansion (soi arunthai) pick ur own steak

Som simpl across from bamboo bar

chez bernard soi 3 so tasty and classy

For a no-brainer and NO risk.......S&P and black canyon are good at most dishes (especially the northern pork curry)

Edited by vidman

The other night I had a very good fish & chip dinner at Secret's Bar.

Vientiannne (vast selection, good quality, ok prices)

Kiss (good prices, consistant quality, open late)

Pan Pan (for pasta only)

Pig & Whistle (just about everything is above average)

Bei Gerhard (top german place in Soi 33 Naklua)

Alt Heidelberg (great value soup, schnitzel and salad special)

Zen (japanese restaurant in Royal Garden - imported sashimi)

Osama (japanese place around the corner from Tukcom - great value)

Loads of other "value" places but haven't tried the "top end" places as I haven't yet had a need to.

Ah Ruskiehat! Your class far exceeds my budget!

I think I am firmly planted as a cheap charlie in my eating habits in Pattaya, mainly because I don't feel the need to seek out the finest restaurants. So many of the of value priced places satisfy my simple palat I'm afraid!

And how interesting Emil that three of your favorites are also mine now!

"1. White Knight buffet on Soi VC, don't let the gay area scare you away.

2. Cherry restaurant

3. Vientienne on Walking St, haven't tried the one near the Big C on Pattaya Tai.

4. Num Chai on Soi Buakaow

5 Thai Bar b Que buffet joint on 3RD Rd, the one near the snooker place."

A very recent convert to White Knight! Great buffet dinner.

Vientienne has a wonderfully wide selection of thai food and I haven't had anything there I didn't enjoy.

Numchai on Soi Bhuakow. Vientienne without the ocean view or table clothes. Very reasonable prices.

Sportsman on Soi 13. Still my favorite english breakfast establishment.

Chickabob on Soi Diamond, Walking Street. And the classy lady who runs it always gets the spices just right for my taste. If I'm eating from there I know I've had a wild night on the town! :clueless

~Sa-teef

I am surprised no one has mentioned Baywatch on beach road The best breakfast in pattaya, although sportmans and pig and whistle are close competitors.

Berlin coffee house and the restuarant next to it have good food and one of them is open after the bars close.

Veintien as mention in previous post has good seafood but is pricy.

Ruen Thai is a nice restuarant to take a girl out to a fancy restuarnt but not spend a fortune,

then on soi post of I think is Orleans restuarant. Have had good ribs there as well as a pretty good steak.

The s&p in the tech center is a good snack.

Hi,

Being one of foods biggest fans, I find it natural that my first post on this forum lands on this thread.

Pattayas vast selection of restaurants is one of the main reasons that I like the place so much.

Of course Bruno's, Mata Hari and Casa Pascal are all excellent restaurants. But they are upscale and expencive places and my budget provides me from eating there on a regular basis.

So here are my top five mid/low priced restaurants in Pattaya:

1. Cosa Nostra off soi 7 - pizza, pizza, pizza...Finish off the meal with their tiramisu.

2. Vientiane - thai and seafood. Actually I think it was even better a couple of years ago, but it is still worth every bath.

3. Queen Victoria on soi 6 - good englishstyle pubgrub. Good and relaxed atmosphere. Like the sunday carvery.

4. Le Olive' (I think) in Jomtien Complex - exellent french food at affordable prices

5. Admiral's Pub end of soi 7 Jomtien - for their saturday night scandinavian buffet.

I see that a lot of you mention Tequila Reef. Frankly I find the food there quite mediocre, but the frozen margarithas makes me a regular visitor :banana

i like:

Cabbages & Condoms

that japanese chain in Big C complex (i think it's called Fuji)

Cosa Nostra just off Soi 7

the Indian restaurant on soi diana across from Papagayo

Secrets

i reserve my right to edit/adjust this post.

Edited by fountainhead
Of course Bruno's, Mata Hari and Casa Pascal are all excellent restaurants. But they are upscale and expencive places and my budget provides me from eating there on a regular basis.

You might want to give the Cherry restaurant a try, was told that owner or cook (maybe the same person) was formerly the chef at Brunos.

You might want to give the Cherry restaurant a try, was told that owner or cook (maybe the same person) was formerly the chef at Brunos.

This is correct...Bruno type fodder for a peasant pocket...without doubt some of the greatest food I have had in Pattaya for the money.

This place is getting busier by the day, may even have to start making reservations soon.

5* for The Cherry on 3rd road opposite Xcyte (before anyone asks)

My favorites are :-

Greggs Kitchen - Top Class English food in a calm atmosphere. A little expensive but you can read the latest newspapers from England. Their roast beef is excellent

Pig and Whistle - You can't go far wrong

Apex Buffet - Value for money but average quality, however I always find something worth eating.

Rosie O'Gradys - Superb Breakfast I.M.O.

Food Cart outside Classroom 2 , Soi 2 - Really nice kebabs and sticky rice. Cheap late night snack.

• 2 weeks later...
Vientiannne (vast selection, good quality, ok prices)

Kiss (good prices, consistant quality, open late)

Pan Pan (for pasta only)

Pig & Whistle (just about everything is above average)

Bei Gerhard (top german place in Soi 33 Naklua)

Alt Heidelberg (great value soup, schnitzel and salad special)

Zen (japanese restaurant in Royal Garden - imported sashimi)

Osama (japanese place around the corner from Tukcom - great value)

Loads of other "value" places but haven't tried the "top end" places as I haven't yet had a need to.

I really enjoy Alt Heidelberg and try to catch a meal there during every trip to PTY. I especially like their fried potatoes (Kartoffelen? my german is abysmal) and saurkraut.