Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

A Review of Soi L.K Metro .

well its been a long , long time since ive done a review of soi l.k. metro and boy has it changed big style since i last did .

lots of new businesses have opened up over the last year or so and the place is getting better and better all the time .

some of the former businesses in the soi didnt quite make it and have been replaced by better , more up market , better fitted out bars and accommodation , making it even better for you the customer .

soi l.k. metro was always since it was launched around 4 years ago , one of , if not the best places for accommodation in pattaya , with a massive selection from budget to a little bit up market all in close proximity.

now its bars are beginning to make that same impression , with some great little bars and a few bigger ones too , ranging from gogos , to coyote bars , to themed bars , to indoor air conditioned bars and non air conditioned bars .

soi l.k. metro couldnt be situated any more centrally in pattaya if you tried and is a great place for anyone needing to quickly get to any other point in the town from jomtien to naklua , with the beach only a 2 or 3 minute walk away and walking street and the popular soi 7 , soi 8 and soi 6 only 5 minutes by motorcycle taxi or bahtbus.

it has in it or very close to it just about every single facility you could ever need , from hairdressers , massage parlours , travel agents , atm machines , currency changers , 7/11 shops , family marts , restuarants , bars , shops and just about anything else you could need .

its actual location is between soi diana and soi bouakhou and it can be entered from either side .

so lets take a look at what its got to offer .

lets start at the soi buakhou side and work our way down the soi .

on both corners we have two recently refurbished bars , the first one is the very trendy CLUB BLU. its a very busy , coyote dance club and is very well appointed and has a fantastic array of good looking women .

accross the road is the newly refurbished theme bar THE LIQUID LOUNGE, which is an open aired bar , featuring its own unique design and lighting and a pool table , it appears to have quite a lot of good looking girls working there but to be honest doesnt appear to get the drinking trade it deserves. has fairly nice accommodation upstairs and i believe the accommodation is very popular .

moving on we have another recently refurbished place called THE STAGS HEAD. now this is a nice comfortable bar to sit inside , its air conditioned , nice comfortable seating , pool table , and some nice girls , its already quite a busy and popular place and its accommodation is very popular too .

accross the road is the bar formerly known as loydies bar , which was recently sold and is currently under reconstruction,i am not aware of what the name will be or what theme the bar will have as the new owner is being very secretive , but ive a feeling its going to be nice and worth the waiting for

next door is a nice small bar called the FCUK INN , its very nice , clean and friendly and it features some nice rooms upstairs .

accross the road is MURPHYS LAW , a very popular and busy irish bar , were the drink flows all night long 24 hours a day , popular but basic budget accommodation available here too .

next door is a thai owned bar , THE NO NAME BAR , its quite nice , has some nice girls and seems moderately busy .

across the road is the BLUE MOON GUESTHOUSE , quite a nice indoor bar , pool table , accommodation upstairs and a laundry on the premises , not a lot in as far as girls go at the moment though .

next bar is the newly refurbished and newly opened REDZ BAR , i havent ventured in yet , but it looks quite nice from outside, predictably its red inside but looks modern and comfortable . irish owned .

next door is THE HAVEN , another irish owned bar , that has been slowly redeveloped over the last few months , with glazing and air conditioning being the latest additions to the bar . pool table inside , a few nice girls and friendly owners make this a pleasant place to visit , and it has decent accommodation upstairs .

across the road is METRO APARTMENTS , which is also irish owned and is more famous for its accommodation than for its bar , but what a nice bar it is . its a long bar , featuring 3 pool tables , its indoor and air conditioned and nice and comfortable .some nice girls work here .

next door is the DRUNKEN DUCK , its an open aired bar , restuarant and guesthouse and its quite popular especially for its accommodation which is pretty good for the price .

across the road is THE HELL CLUB , famous for its adventourous sexual menu and its well performing ladies. here you can satisfy each and every sexual fantasy you have ever dreram,ed about . its based on the same theme as the famous eden club in bangkok .

next door is THE GOLF CLUB a very well fitted out bar , selling great food and with good accommodation . as the name suggests its a golf orientated bar and is home to a local golf society .

next is MICKEY MALONES guesthouse , another irish owned bar /guesthouse , nice enough bar and nice enough rooms .

next door again , is another irish owned bar/guesthouse called KILLKENNEYS. nice bar , good comfortable seating and a pool table . a few nice ladies and some nice accommodation above .

across the road there is the RED 5 BAR and guesthouse , its not a bad looking bar , though ive never seen its rooms .

next door is the STORM HOTEL , popular bar , comfortable seating , good reputation for its food , pool table and some good looking girls . good accommodation upstairs too .

round the corner we go and the first place you see is THE PASADENA LODGE HOTEL , quite new and very nice , the rooms are excellent and for all of us that struggle with the stairs , has an elevator . nice little lounge bar area in the foyer .

next door is yet another irish owned place called THE IRISH ROVER , now this is a bar guesthouse with a nice little bar serving food in the foyer and decent rooms up above .

next door is the belgian run MAI LU SI BAR , its quite popular with the belgian community and its popular for some reason with the japanese too . can get busy and is usually a very late night bar , some decent rooms above and some decent looking girls work here too .

next door is the recently refurbished and recently opened CLUB ICE , its a nice looking coyote bar all fitted out in white , featuring dance music and sexy girls . hasnt really took off yet but this coming high season should be its chance . decent accommodation above also .

across the road is THE TRAVELLERS REST , which is a fairly large guest house , featuring a bar and restuarant on the ground floor and decent accommodation upstairs .the bar is not particularly used but gets busy when used by the members of its very popular golf society .

next door is the nicely fitted out SWEETHEARTS BAR, moderately busy , a few decent lookng girls too but at this moment im unsure if it features accommodation .

next door is THE THAI ARCHER which features some nice bali style accommodation . underneath the accommodation is the popular HET ZOTTEKOT belgian bar , which is open plan , features a pool table has a few nice girls and can be very busy at times .

across the street is the famous LOLITAS , which is the blowjob bar were you get to be blown on the dentists chair . its a nice bar in itself , free pool table and features a large stable of proffesional girls to take care of you .

a few doors up is the 3SOM BAR , under new ownership and american managed . the new manager has made a few improvements to the bar in the form of decor and seating and has upgraded the rooms upstairs a bit too . the bar features a pool table and theres a few girls work there too .

next door is THE ROCKHOUSE , its my place so i wont review it , instead i ll give a linK to the website for information http://www.rockhousepattaya.com

across the road is the J@P APARTMENTS featuring the BLACKROCK BAR , features very popular budget accommodation and is under thai ownership . the bar features a pool table but has no ladies .

next door is the SILVER DOLLAR RESTUARANT , a nicely fitted out restuarant , serving decent food .

accross the road and last but not least is CHAMPAGNE A GO GO , a very popular gogo that has underwent extensive renovations in the last 6 months . as you would expect plenty of good looking girls in the go and plays good music . decent accommodation for rent upstairs too . i heard a rumour of a name change coming soon though , so it could be called CLUB MINT in the near future .

well thats pretty much it for the bars in the area . but its got lots more to offer than that .ive missed out a few businesses in my review i know but only because i dont know much if anything about them .

there are lots of other very good bars , restuarants and shops and hotels in the immeadiate area , some that spring to mind are the JASMINE MANSION , OASIS A GOGO , ROBINS NESTUARANT , THE ARECA LODGE and even THE ZONE , the new coyoye bar just off of soi buakhou .

great area of town , very centally located , busy , vibrant yet not so in your face as walking street , or the other popular sois like soi 2 , soi 3 , soi 7 , soi 8 and best of all , ABOUT HALF THE PRICE OF WALKING STREET .

try it . you just might like it .

Edited by mulphy
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dident like the area. I stayed there, and the guest house was O.K., but the bars were not as good as Jomtiem.

The biggest problem is that the area is not as you described - easy to get anywhere.

To go anywhere, you need to wait for a bahtbus go to the end, and then transfer to another bus.

I moved after 3 days.

but the bars were not as good as Jomtiem.

You a comedian? Imho, Jomtien nightlife isnt worth the 10bht busfare. Your panties probably have more life in them than Jomtien :D

I like the area. Even anyone who has never been there can see by the line up of bars, Gogos, blowjob bars , Coyote clubs and sex clubs, that it must be busy. Although I know some people persist in denying it.

I cant believe the amount of changes in the past 7 months since Ive been there. I dont like how a couple of them have glassed in their bars. Makes it less inviting imo. I stopped going in to one of the first ones that done it. Just didnt seem to draw me in anymore.

I dident like the area. I stayed there, and the guest house was O.K., but the bars were not as good as Jomtiem.

The biggest problem is that the area is not as you described - easy to get anywhere.

To go anywhere, you need to wait for a bahtbus go to the end, and then transfer to another bus.

I moved after 3 days.

Mango, do you have mobility problems? Not trying to funny or anything, just curious. The walk from LK Metro to 2nd should be about 5 minutes and another 2 to Beach Road. Of course if you go to Soi Bukaow and try to go to Big C, you can get a Baht Bus which goes the wrong way and need to transfer - Similarly if you try to go to Jomtien, so you always ask before getting on.

And from 2nd Road it is just a hop-skip-and a jump to Beach Road.

I have not spent too much time in Jomtien, so I cannot comment in depth. But the little bit of time I have spent there did not dazzle me with the bar life. Not at all. I have visited several places and nothing has lept at me... Except for that time a few years ago at Winchesters. :D

FatherMojo

I moved after 3 days.

Not any more Mr. Mango. Bhatbuses drop you very close to walking street (second road) and at the Naklua end. Soi 7, 8 are walkable if you do want to go there... I found some very friendly girls in Soi Chayapoon and acorss Areca Lodge (which are very close to Soi LK Metro)... Some of the best massage girls are in the area too (my opinion) and for me an additional advantage is that a lot of girls live nearby (unlike in walking street). I love to visit girls in their looms and eat and drink with them in "their" environs...

Edited by sick buffalo

On my first trip over, I stayed right on walking street. Thats great if you only really plan on staying around WS. When I made it back over I have been on LK Metro ever since, and it is easily the best jump off point for anywhere worth going. Easy access to 2nd.Rd. and Beach Rd., straight shot on the buses to Tukcom for all the electronics shops.

Then you look at what LK Metro has to offer itself, an abundance of what are likely to become if not already most peoples main watering holes. Bars with any and every theme you can think of. Restaurants for every taste, and street vendors at all hours of the day and night as well.

I mean it has to be a pretty worthwhile area to have both the Renaissance and the Metropole right by it. I think its safe to say that there is something here to suit everyone's tastes.

Mulphy good review

However are you Ben Johnson as it takes a lot longer to walk to the beach than 2-3minutes (did you use to write travel agent brouchers).

I love staying in the area it is quite at night with plenty of places to eat and have fun.

Bob bbq is a good place to eat as well.

You can get to places easy

Walk to Buakhao and get a baht bus to corner of 2nd road and south Pattaya rd

get one from 2nd rd as well places are so easy to get too.

I moved after 3 days.

Yes agreed, I had a good time in the Oasis GO-GO..... then wanted to go to Walking St. It's a motocycle taxi or confusion..... I wasn't sure which baht busses would turn right at Pattaya Tai. It takes too long to negotiate Soi Diana on foot. Edited by jacko
Mango, do you have mobility problems? Not trying to funny or anything, just curious. The walk from LK Metro to 2nd should be about 5 minutes and another 2 to Beach Road. Of course if you go to Soi Bukaow and try to go to Big C, you can get a Baht Bus which goes the wrong way and need to transfer - Similarly if you try to go to Jomtien, so you always ask before getting on.

First I have no mobility problems, and you just made my point. Who needs all the drama of trying to catch a bus and transferring.

Try to walk it in the heat - you will be dripping wet when you get to walking street.

Hi mulphy,

Yes your review is a good description of Soi LK Metro bars/clubs,

except on one point :

Every time I go in this soi it seems dead, realy DEAD,

except the Club Blu at the Soi Bukaow side.

So I suppose that in your review we must understand :

- popular : sometime 1 customer

- quite popular, moderately busy : up to 2 customers

- very popular : more than 2 customers at a time !

- very busy : Club Blu

:angry2

Why do you think that Club Ice has recently replaced

its open windows by frosted glass ?

Because nobody enter in a Club when he see there is NO ONE inside...

May be it will be different in December/High season

but it still was like that this week.

Idefix

Yes agreed, I had a good time in the Oasis GO-GO..... then wanted to go to Walking St. It's a motocycle taxi or confusion..... I wasn't sure which baht busses would turn right at Payyata Tai. It takes too long to negotiate Soi Diana on foot.

Every baht bus turns right at Pattaya Tai. I lived in this area for over 3 years, went to WS every night and it was always easy to get there. You might have to walk....oh, maybe 30 yards and wait at most 2 minutes.

Mulphy I'm sad you failed to mention Bob's in your very well thought out detailed review.

bob , i did miss you out mate , but it was not intentional , it was just that i was concentrating on the bars and accommodation .

i have already added a brief review of bobs bbq on my own forum , to the thread i started the same as this one and i will now copy and paste it on here too .

actually i was concentrating on bars and accommodation in particular when doing my review on the opening post , but i should have added bobs bbq restuarant to the list of attractions in soi l.k. metro too .

bobs bbq restuarant is extremely popular , particularly amongst pattayas american ex pats and tourists , but you dont need to be an american to enjoy the food , with bobs burgers probably the best pattaya has to offer , and many other delicious items on the menu .

Hi mulphy,

Yes your review is a good description of Soi LK Metro bars/clubs,

except on one point :

Every time I go in this soi it seems dead, realy DEAD,

except the Club Blu at the Soi Bukaow side.

So I suppose that in your review we must understand :

- popular : sometime 1 customer

- quite popular, moderately busy : up to 2 customers

- very popular : more than 2 customers at a time !

- very busy : Club Blu

:clap1

Why do you think that Club Ice has recently replaced

its open windows by frosted glass ?

Because nobody enter in a Club when he see there is NO ONE inside...

May be it will be different in December/High season

but it still was like that this week.

Idefix

then you must either be going in the morning or in the middle of the night my friend , because many of the bars are indeed very busy , club blu being the obvious one with its large see through windows .

my own bar is pretty busy most nights and very very busy from time to time , and there are many more like it .

you have to remember most of what goes on in the bars in soi l.k. metro happens inside and behind closed doors , so youd need to pop in to see what was going on .

bars like the golf club are busy from morning to night every day and youd be lucky to get a seat at any time night or day .

the stags head is also a busy bar day and night , but it happens inside the smoked glass windows .

every time i pass murphys law its busy , even at 4 and 5 am youll always still find a dozen or so guys there .

storms bar and the travellers rest have golf societies that would fill up their bars most days , never mind night times .

anyway , the point being , your mistaken .

I moved after 3 days.

mrmango ,

youve been slagging off soi l.k. metro on these forums for around 3 years now , so that already says enough to any prospective reader , but if the best you can come up with these days is that you had to change a baht bus to get somewhere then it must have improved a hell of a lot in that time .

actually if getting a baht bus it couldnt be simpler .

if the baht bus is going south along soi buakhao , then once on pattaya tai it will either turn left at 2nd road which means its going to jomtien , or if it turns right then it means its joining the circuit on 2nd road and beach road . either way it doesnt matter as its convieniant for walking street no matter which way it turns .

if the baht bus is heading north along soi buakhao then it will turn onto pattaya klang . if at tops on pattaya klang it turns right , then it will take you all the way to the dolphin roundabout before turning onto the main circuit on beach rd , if it continues straight down pattaya klang to beach rd then it means its joining the beach rd , 2nd road circuit .

as i said couldnt be simpler .

I was also surprised by Mr. Mango's remarks but of course TETO (to each their own) and YMMV.

Let me just explain the transport situation in a little detail as I am an environmentally friendly public transport man.

Soi LK Metro is between 2nd Rd and Soi Buakhao, closer to the latter. So if you want to go to North Pattaya, just walk down to 2nd Rd and hop on the baht bus; it is one way. You can also walk to the beach (go through Mike Shopping to cool off in the aircon), but it'll take a good 10 minutes.

To get to WS, just walk up to Soi Buakhao, it'll take all of three minutes quite convenient really. The buses go both ways, but to get to WS just cross the soi and jump on. You'll pass Paradise a Go Go and the Friday market, then turn right. Starbucks and Wet'n' Wild are right there. The bus continues on and turns right onto 2nd Rd. Get off there and make the BRIEF, BRIEF walk to WS -- or drop in at Legs and say hi to the lovely and talented manager Tim.

If that's too much effort, the bike taxi boys are cheap at 50 baht.

Lastly not leastly, Bob at Bob's BBQ still makes the best burgers in town IMHO. Bob, you got those nachos grande fixed up yet?

I was also surprised by Mr. Mango's remarks but of course TETO (to each their own) and YMMV.

Please don’t be surprised.

After a night of drinking with a BF in hand, it was a big drama to get back to the room - Who needs it.

IMHO, of course.

Every baht bus turns right at Pattaya Tai. I lived in this area for over 3 years, went to WS every night and it was always easy to get there. You might have to walk....oh, maybe 30 yards and wait at most 2 minutes.
Well when you live there you learn these things..... now I know too. Thank you. When they come to the Second Rd/Pratumnak junction, which way do they go, to get within 30 yards of WS? Edited by jacko

Im still having problems loading the forum. When I click an email link to this thread it comes up

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections (Line: 131 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

SQL error: Too many connections

SQL error code:

Date: Sunday 23rd of November 2008 10:19:51 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience

And also when I try to reply to PMs. :bigsmile: :banana

Well when you live there you learn these things..... now I know too. Thank you. When they come to the Second Rd/Pratumnak junction, which way do they go, to get within 30 yards of WS?

At 2nd and Pratumnak, they either turn right onto 2nd or left onto Pratumnak...with about 80%/20% probability. Neither case puts you within 30 yds of WS. That was an exaggeration. More like 100 yds? Point being, it's pretty easy to get to WS from that area, but not as easy as I earlier stated.

At 2nd and Pratumnak, they either turn right onto 2nd or left onto Pratumnak...with about 80%/20% probability. Neither case puts you within 30 yds of WS. That was an exaggeration. More like 100 yds? Point being, it's pretty easy to get to WS from that area, but not as easy as I earlier stated.
Thanks, I am genuinly interested as I like to try a few places and later move on to the street.... I have gone off the M/C taxis! Do these Soi Bua Khao baht busses take a long time with the traffic? I took one from Soi 7 last night and I would have been faster walking. Edited by jacko
Thanks, I am genuinly interested as I like to try a few places and later move on to the street.... I have gone off the M/C taxis! Do these Soi Bua Khao baht busses take a long time with the traffic? I took one from Soi 7 last night and I would have been faster walking.

I dont think Ive ever been stuck in traffic on that route except during the day on market day and even that wasnt long.