Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

For a few hundred dollars more i opted for the Evergreen Deluxe Class. Not first class but seens to have a bit more leg room and wider seats. As anyone any comments, good or bad about Evergreen Deluxe Class?

Flew EVA Deluxe last month (LAX-TPE-SIN and return) and I would say it is definitely worth the extra money.

That was my first time in Deluxe on EVA, and I did not realize that they treat as a completely separate class (except during boarding. Separate restrooms, etc.

They are fairly strict about carry-on weight limits though.

I think I may try business class next time, as it is also quite a value. The 777s are great airplanes, IMO.

For a few hundred dollars more i opted for the Evergreen Deluxe Class. Not first class but seens to have a bit more leg room and wider seats. As anyone any comments, good or bad about Evergreen Deluxe Class?

I agree with Too Mutt. I am making my 4th trip in this class in August. Last trip (Feb) I was by then silver card and can use the lounge which is nice.

Instead of seat configuration of 3-5-3 from wing to wing as in economy, Deluxe/Elite is 2-4-2.

There is more legroom and a leg rest. The seat width is better.

For me it makes a big difference but it is still a long and uncomfortable flight but tolerable. Economy is not.

Although the restrooms are supposed to be for this class, ecomomy sneaks up all the time and is not stopped by the crew. I don't complain about it as the wait is not long.

Food is just ok, nothing special and entertainment is pretty good.

I think at age 58 it is worth the extra money. Long flights beat up my body more than a younger fella's.

But it is not close to business class. It is uber economy class.

Loads of info has been posted before .......

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.ph...hlite=Evergreen

Instead of seat configuration of 3-5-3 from wing to wing as in economy, Deluxe/Elite is 2-4-2.

3-4-3 in economy on the 747.

Edited by CheshireTom

;)

I agree with Too Mutt. I am making my 4th trip in this class in August. Last trip (Feb) I was by then silver card and can use the lounge which is nice.

There is more legroom and a leg rest. The seat width is better.

For me it makes a big difference but it is still a long and uncomfortable flight but tolerable. Economy is not.

Although the restrooms are supposed to be for this class, ecomomy sneaks up all the time and is not stopped by the crew. I don't complain about it as the wait is not long.

Food is just ok, nothing special and entertainment is pretty good.

I think at age 58 it is worth the extra money. Long flights beat up my body more than a younger fella's.But it is not close to business class. It is uber economy class.

At 6'1" and 43yrs old, Im with you when it comes to these Longhaul flights. I must have a comfortable seat. I flew from LHR to LAX setting in a middle seat in economy and the flight felt 20hours long. Got so bad, I stood by the restroom to get some comfort. Since that time, I'm the guy that waits up 24hours before my flight to check in online and grab a bulkhead seat but Eva has a 100 day before flight check in so I went with deluxe/elite. :P

Eva Business class /Premium Laurel isn't all

that great IMHO. Yes its a bigger seat and a little

bit more room but the new seats they have when you

fully extend it out you keep feeling your going to slide down the

seat. I'm 6'5'' and the foot rest is to short for me. So I ended

up not being able to fully extend the seat. I actually find the

elite class seats to be more comfortable.

I have read on the interweb that the business class seat for EVA does have that "slide down" feature. But, there is the benefit of fewer passengers and better food, rest rooms, etc.

I was down graded to economy on the TPE-SIN leg due to equipment swap from 777 to A330. At that point I wish I had booked business class. But, if your route is all 744/777 then Deluxe class will be available.

Eva Air does a good job, and is really filling seats (at least on the LAX-TPE segment).

I think it is worth it, though I was nicely given an upgrade to deluxe class(only paid for economy)....but my friend pays about

$200 dollars more.....I think on my June flight I will try to pay extra at counter and upgrade......anyway, I really like EVA Air, and

it is now my primary Airline choice...Cheers!

I flew evergreen the 1st time I went to LOS in 05, I'm only 5'10" but was still a porker and went for the wide seats more than anything. At the time was worth the extra money also having the food on real plates and real knives and forks was better.

Since then I have lost weight so peasent class is ok for me and normally fly from Manchester, however in June got Eva economy for £409 return so booked it. I made enquires to upgrade and they want extra £1000 plus, so economy looks good to me.

3-4-3 in economy on the 747.

You are correct, the 3-5-3 was on Japan Airlines not EVA a few years back. But I was on the window so I could be mistaken.

That is another thing. In my youth I always liked the window seat. Now I prefer the isle. Pushing 60, crawling over people to use the toilet can be a drag.

...You are correct, the 3-5-3 was on Japan Airlines not EVA a few years back. But I was on the window so I could be mistaken....

The standard configuration in tourist class on a 747 is 3-4-3 (10 across).

Boeing did build a special "D" series, "D" for Domestic, 747 for JAL that seats 568 and is a complete cattle car, but even it uses the 3-4-3 configuration.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/aircraft/conf/744d.html

The 747-400D was built for JAL with the understanding it would NOT be used outside of the country of Japan. Unfortunately, JAL did not stick to the agreement and I once had the very unpleasant

experience of spending 7 1/2 hours on a "D" model from SIN to NRT. I'll never fly JAL again if I have a choice.

Edited by Scalawag
  • 3 weeks later...

Now I can answer my own post. Yes!!! Elite class is fantasic. I had plenty of knee and leg room. The seats were so comfortable however the foot rest that reclines out didnt service its purpose as my legs were too long. The person in front of me, on the out bound flight, had his seat reclined most the flight and I must say it had no effect on my comfort what so ever. The seats seem to be designed to sink down rather than back while in the recline position. I tell you, from Taiwan to LAX. After the first meal was served, I slept and awoke with 3hrs remaining to TD. Also, as I believe someone posted, if holding and elite ticket, there is a special checkin line at lax. THis meant a 5minute wait to check my backs as apposed to God knows how long it would have taken me in the economy line. I believe that line snaked 5times and about 30 people in each segment.

Already planning to use EVA new years back to BKK. :unsure:

Edited by Al_Davis

I think that Eva Elite class fares are probably better value from the USA than London, on the LHR route Elite seems about 50% more than economy.

During last Decembers yellow shirt protests I got a free upgrade to Elite and I found it to be better than I expected, but not to pay 50% more though. :D

The BR 067 and 068 change from the current 777 to the 747 on October 1st for the winter season.

All being well I will travel out about 17th November, one thing when checking flight internet sites is quite often the flight class is not shown, this is important for me as I collect FF miles with Beaver. I know that I could check with a CSA before booking.

It looks like Beaver Air have had an about turn with their aircraft on BR067 and 68, these flights are now showing 777 until Christmas at least.

If they do fly the 777 that will mean less seats than the 747, probably higher prices over the holiday period, get it booked guys. :D

For my flight in November on BR067 and 068 WestEast quoted £462 economy and £827 elite, with FF miles.

I e-mailed OURS travel and their prices were £531 economy and £836 Elite, again with FF miles.

I was in Wetherspoons yesterday evening and OURS rang me, I told them their fare was £70 too much.

Now I have had an e-mail from OURS stating they have found a cheaper fare, £461 inc tax and FF miles. Maybe it is the conspiracy theorist in me but I don't think that OURS would have done anything if I hadn't have told them their fare was too high.

I am very near having enough miles for a free PL return journey so I have to keep taking the fares with FF miles, once I have enough I may not bother again, the perks now are very few compared with when I first started collecting the miles.

It looks like Beaver Air have had an about turn with their aircraft on BR067 and 68, these flights are now showing 777 until Christmas at least.

If they do fly the 777 that will mean less seats than the 747, probably higher prices over the holiday period, get it booked guys. :allright

What are you on about man ??

Beavers are muffs surely-jack shit to do with motors FFS ??

www.netflights.com have return fares on Eva for £ 405 advertised on there site .

Might be worth a butchers although i suspect these prolly wont earn any miles !

Is that for sure Gus? I have booked with Eva for 10th October 2009 and the type of airplane shown for that flight (BR 068) is a 777.

747 is showing up on a dummy booking ??

Whatever seat pitch is the same etc ??