Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Bob's BBQ for sale

I was looking for info on catering for my B-day party and ran across the following at Bob's BBQ website:

*NEWS FLASH*

Bob's BBQ & Mexican Grill is For Sale

Do to recent events involving the health of my immediate family we have made a decision to move back to Texas for a undetermined period of time. We need to spend time with our family and help during this difficult time. We have had this successful business for 6 years and now it is unfortunate for us but we have to give it up and hope someone will keep it going in the Good old Bob's Tradition.

If you are looking to relocate to Thailand or if you just need something to do which also makes a good income this could be the opportunity for you. The business is owned under a legal limited company and comes with 1 work permit for a foreigner. For Inquiries and details email or call us. See Contact Us Page.

:bigsmile:

This has been an open secret for quite a while, as Bob has been reluctant to advertise the business for sale until now. It's a great location and somebody could do well there, I hope somebody bites soon so that Bob can attend to his family obligations with one less worry on his mind.

many locations ?

one on South Pattaya road which has now moved to LK & a stall in Carrefour which must have lasted less than two months

are there other locations I don't know about ?

it's possible to transfer ownership of the existing company to the new owner ?

Yes, but unless you can guarantee that the existing company doesn't have any hidden debt that you will be responsible for, it's better to create a new company and take over the least and assets...and not the debts.

many locations ?

one on South Pattaya road which has now moved to LK & a stall in Carrefour which must have lasted less than two months

are there other locations I don't know about ?

Well, you listed 3 locations already. That might qualify as "many" to some.

I seem to recall he was also running an outlet (with kitchen) out of TQ2, so that's 4 in about 4 years.

And, at one time, wasn't he was associated with Shooters or Lennie's along with the food concession? Maybe that was only Sam, his ex-partner.

How many is many?

So you add fuel to the fire Martin ?

Thought you Yanks/Bar owners/Ex Pats stuck together ?

How is giving accurate information adding any fuel to any fire?

And, at one time, wasn't he was associated with Shooters or Lennie's along with the food concession? Maybe that was only Sam, his ex-partner.

How many is many?

Giving accurate information or asking a question ? Make your mind up !

I'd consider the location/booth at Carrefour an experiment

& he's only had two location for the restaurant as far as I know

I'd still classify 2 or 3 locations as a few & not many

Edited by LocalYokul
I'd consider the location/booth at Carrefour an experiment

Did it ever actually sell a rib? I heard of it and when I went there it appeared to never have been opened.

Is it overpriced like the food,

What is the price?

Dont think so, its too close to the rockhouse.

Or use the 'togo' menu and eat at Lolitas.

As you get your knob nawed on, you can naw on a rib.

LeoTex

• 1 month later...

The food was expensive but was very good also. It finally got to the point that I was stopping in there at lease once every day when I was in town. Sometimes for a big meal, sometimes just for a little snack and a cold drink.

Dont think so, its too close to the rockhouse.

Location is very good as was the food

But, it takes max effort to keep it going, as I know Bob was having many issues with suppy/help

...at one time, wasn't he was associated with Shooters or Lennie's along with the food concession? Maybe that was only Sam, his ex-partner.

How many is many?

Bob moved from Pattaya Tai to LK Metro because he thought that would be an opportunity to improve his business. If he had failed on Pattaya Tai he could scarcely have afforded to move I'd think.

His partnership situation only became an issue when Steve Blumenthal died. Before that Bob and Steve were doing quite well.

Bob had an outlet in TQ2 that also did well, but it became unsustainable after Steve died. Bob was not able to reach a suitable accommodation in TQ2 after that.

Bob was one of the original partners in Shooters. His departure again was not necessarily because he was not doing well in that location. He felt he was stretched too thin. Also, Shooters was never going to be a major success in the food department regardless who had the kitchen. The location and setup of the venue was not conducive for the kind of turn-over you need to make a kitchen very profitable.

IMO the issue is that Bob's business model is a tough nut to crack in this town. He wants to duplicate Texas barbecue in Pattaya at a reasonable price. Problems with that include the inferior quality of Thai beef (necessitating the use of more expensive imported beef), and limited availability of authentic-tasting ingredients which requires many of them to be imported. Thai flour also has a markedly-different consistency to that found in the US and Mexico, making the production oc tasting breads and tortillas a chore.

I wish Bob all the best. He's a good guy who gave it his best shot in a tough town against long odds.

Bob moved from Pattaya Tai to LK Metro because he thought that would be an opportunity to improve his business. If he had failed on Pattaya Tai he could scarcely have afforded to move I'd think.

His partnership situation only became an issue when Steve Blumenthal died. Before that Bob and Steve were doing quite well.

Bob had an outlet in TQ2 that also did well, but it became unsustainable after Steve died. Bob was not able to reach a suitable accommodation in TQ2 after that.

Bob was one of the original partners in Shooters. His departure again was not necessarily because he was not doing well in that location. He felt he was stretched too thin. Also, Shooters was never going to be a major success in the food department regardless who had the kitchen. The location and setup of the venue was not conducive for the kind of turn-over you need to make a kitchen very profitable.

IMO the issue is that Bob's business model is a tough nut to crack in this town. He wants to duplicate Texas barbecue in Pattaya at a reasonable price. Problems with that include the inferior quality of Thai beef (necessitating the use of more expensive imported beef), and limited availability of authentic-tasting ingredients which requires many of them to be imported. Thai flour also has a markedly-different consistency to that found in the US and Mexico, making the production oc tasting breads and tortillas a chore.

I wish Bob all the best. He's a good guy who gave it his best shot in a tough town against long odds.

Also the fact that LK Metro is no a very active Soi . Never seem to see many walking through it .That is why most of the bars lose money . Must agree about the bread thing . It is like sugar bread here

Also the fact that LK Metro is no a very active Soi . Never seem to see many walking through it .That is why most of the bars lose money . Must agree about the bread thing . It is like sugar bread here

The Continental Bakery seems to have been delivering top quality bread at very reasonable prices since inception. It is widely used as a supplier to many places and often runs out well before closing.

They have apparently worked out that getting good bread isn't rocket science as previously thought.

As for Bob the Burger, wasn't he latterly getting his bread / rolls from the Marriott bakery ?

• 2 weeks later...