Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Soi Metro/Soi Bukhao Guest Houses

I know where Witherspoons is but I'm sure that's where all the noise was coming from - reverberating around Soi LK Metro which itself was relatively quiet.

Don't be daft.

Witherspoons doesn't have loud music only TVs showing sports.

The REALLY LOUD music is on the section of LK Metro between Champagne and The Office. Once or twice a week they set up a sound system outside in the soi itself with God awful singing and loud speakers, etc. It goes on until 02.30 minimum. The noise fills the soi. No chance of getting any sleep when these parties are on.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't be daft.

The REALLY LOUD music is on the section of LK Metro between Champagne and The Office. Once or twice a week they set up a sound system outside in the soi itself with God awful singing and loud speakers, etc. It goes on until 02.30 minimum. The noise fills the soi. No chance of getting any sleep when these parties are on.

Papps, I didn't say anything about music. The noise was football supporters (English speaking inevitably) "singing" and generally being exceptionally noisey.

Papps, I didn't say anything about music. The noise was football supporters (English speaking inevitably) "singing" and generally being exceptionally noisey.

Fair enough but I still say you wouldn't hear noise from Witherspoons at the Rovers. Not even at 05.00.

Don't be daft.

Thats funny, I've stayed in that area of LK Metro many times and never ever experienced that? Far more noise from Diana and the other end of LK Metro. On the whole LK Metro is a very quiet soi at nights, unless there is a party on but even then never had any problems with noise, only from Diana.

Thats funny, I've stayed in that area of LK Metro many times and never ever experienced that? Far more noise from Diana and the other end of LK Metro. On the whole LK Metro is a very quiet soi at nights, unless there is a party on but even then never had any problems with noise, only from Diana.

There was another party on last night when I went to Champagne. The music was VERY LOUD as you would expect from a sound system set up outside in the soi. I could hear it as I walked along soi Diana before actually turning into soi LK.

Thinking of staying in the Metro/Bukhao area this trip. We've met up with friends for drinks several times in the area. On our last occasion we were sitting outside the Irish Rovers having a few, and I noticed how quiet it was on the street. Didn't seem to be a lot of loud music pouring out of the bars close by. This was in November and probably around 9-10PM.

So, my questions are:

- Was this just a one off?

- Does it get louder later in the evening?

- If you stay at one of the guest houses there.....will you get a good nights' sleep?

Would appreciate your insights and recommendations,

CM

I stayed at the Drunken Duck for the first two days of my trip this Nov and it was great place. No issues with noise for me and I had Street side room on the 2nd floor. I got great sleep :banghead I think the alcohol might of had something to do with but who knows :clueless 1luv :whistling: I highly recommend the Drunken Duck :D :P :D :D

OK, after asking the questions and reading some of the replies, I settled on Pasadena Lodge for my two week stay early November. Absolutely no complaints. Great place to stay, plus I had no problems with noise at all. On one occasion there was a live band at Billabongs that seemed loud at street level, but up in the room it wasn't a problem.

CM

• 2 weeks later...

I think any room facing the soi can be noisy so now i will ask for one at the back, normally 230am it quitens down but now with 430am will this effect soi lk???? champagne and the office it could be a killer to sleep.

• 4 weeks later...