Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Airport to Pattaya

I just arrived on Oct. 30th and used Mr. Toom. He had a lady driver meet me at arrival area with sign with my name on it. Cost was 1,200 bt including tolls.

Email at toom39@msn.com

I have used Mr. Tooms services many times and never a problem.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for posting as I am of the same opinion! What's your issue with Mr. T and we know you are lying about his service as we have 'First hand Experience' with it!

What a load of BOLLOX!!!!!!! Cheaper than 1000 bht INCL. tolls outside, what's your ulterior motive against Mr "T" for posting such a blatant lie? :cry4:
Mr T is a rip off just go out side and get a Taxi and it is cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubbish. Been using Mr T since 2003 and never a problem, certainly not a rip off, just the opposite my experience has been a good service every trip. If any BM's can get a taxi outside the airport cheaper than THB 1,000 including tolls then I would certainly like to hear about it. :cry4:

Contrary to what reading Pattaya forums might lead you to believe

Getting to Pattaya from Suvarnabhumi (or indeed finding platefulls of 'full english' breakfasts once your there) is neither difficult or a challenge

In fact if you can manage to wipe your own arse you will be eminently qualified to accomplish this mission unaided

:cry4:

have some manners and respect for a newbie question whether it has been asked a 100 times. some ones ignorance is anothers knowledge. i use kao taxis top of soi 2 for pick up never let me down

I have only been to Pattaya twice....and have used Limo Pattaya (after advice from this forum)....great punctual service, and nice modern cars. I have booked them again for November.

:clueless

From memory B1200 Airport to Pattaya and the return visit B1000 but don't quote me.

Also used them when travelling to Hua Hin. They stopper along the way several times and the car smelt like new.

The driver was also discret and did not try to catch a look at the lady and I :cry4:

In summary then

If youre lost n scared in a strange new land / cant express where it is you want to go to etc etc ...then pre book someone to hold your hand

If youre not just get a taxi

Repetitive noobie questions etc....

It is frankly amazing that someone:

Who has the wit to earn sufficient disposable capital to fund a trip to the other side of the planet

Has negotiated the officialdom and red tape to acquire themselves a passport

Has learned to become computer literate/I.T. saavy

Has finally got themselves to arrivals at Swampy

...... But needs help in finding taxis to the proximate tourist resort from a national airport

Edited by Regyai
In summary then

If youre lost n scared in a strange new land / cant express where it is you want to go to etc etc ...then pre book someone to hold your hand

Who has the wit to earn sufficient disposable capital to fund a trip to the other side of the planet

...... But needs help in finding taxis to the proximate tourist resort from a national airport

:chogdee

:chogdee

did you read the OP

Read the fucking OP

In summary then

Booking a taxi or not ,

its still a good idea to know how to get to Pattaya using the taxi stand ,

with the best will in the world thing can go wrong ,

so you may need to use it .

Joe

The taxi stand outside the airport asks for 1500 Baht to Pattaya. I used it once outside Bell Bus operating hours. Have since read on this forum that the price is negotiable and many claim to pay only 1000. I will try next time.

Couple of weeks back I pre booked Bell Bus for 09.00. Got to the wait area by 08.50 but no Bell Bus Rep anywhere. He showed up at 09.15 and said the 09.00 bus had been cancelled. I was a bit cheesed off and sat outside the terminal with a coffee and some smokes for a half hour before I realised there's another bus service to Patts in moreorless the same spot where you wait for the Bell Bus. If I wasn't hung over from the long flight I should have jumped on that instead. I think it was cheaper than Bell Bus too :clueless

Anybody else had their Bell Bus cancelled?

Had to wait another hour but saved 1250 Baht so no big deal really.

If you had been less hung over when you booked bell travel service you would have seen that there is no bus at 9am,there is a one at 8am and the next one is at 10am.

You probably looked a 9am bus GOING to swampy.

Used Mr. Dream a few times, then he was a no show then never used him again. Maybe just a one time thing, but will probably not go back to him.

No mate you used the fake Mr. Dream, academik or whatever his board log ins were.

The real Mr. Dream is Thai and he has never ever fucked up in the 3 years I have used and known him. He faced some serious business problems when academik started using his name and failing to turn up for appointments.

Thankfully some of us are in the know. You are not to know the damage caused by statements such as yours so you can imagine the problems he has faced as a result of this guy using his name!

The real Mr. Dream, who is THAI is reasonably priced and there is no pissing about with 60KPH drivers in a 15 year old toyota! Stepped out of the airport this trip to a 2 week old Toyota SUV with 3 complimentary beers for the road south. On to the motorway and foot down.

+66 866 668 393

He speaks reasonable English and normal rates are 1200B each way. Below that of a taxi from the airport but slightly more than the return rate.

I know I would far rather pay an extra few quid to go back in a spot of luxury in the new motor than some BKK taxi that may not have been maintained as well.

I see several pushing the Bell bus, and I can't really say they are not worth using also. I think they are 200B each way? But you are in a bus, with perhaps 20 other minging farangs who have just got their, sweating their ass's off, then at the other end stuffed into a mini bus. But what you pay is well worth it IMO.

Only thing is they don't depart after 18:00 so for me they are normally not an option but I prefer a taxi ride myself.

The Limo Pattaya 0857394949 I have always gone with them and cannot fault them. New cars, great drivers and fair prices. Try and you will not look back

I've used them for the last 10 trips and will next week as well. They have never let me down at any time of the day or night.

Their drivers wait at the same spot in the airport and they will tote your luggage to the car.

Eve, the boss, speaks good English if you need to contact them.

I was finally stood up by The Limo Pattaya this week for a pick-up in Pattaya at the Residence Garden. Made the booking a couple of days in advance using their web site. Not making excuses for them, but when I did not get an e-mail confirmation from them the next day, should have called to check on it.

My equanimity now is due to the fact that I was able to go to the taxi stand across the street from the RG and get a ride to the airport right away.

Will probably still give them my patronage in the future, but will be looking for that confirmation or calling.

I was finally stood up by The Limo Pattaya this week for a pick-up in Pattaya at the Residence Garden. Made the booking a couple of days in advance using their web site. Not making excuses for them, but when I did not get an e-mail confirmation from them the next day, should have called to check on it.

My equanimity now is due to the fact that I was able to go to the taxi stand across the street from the RG and get a ride to the airport right away.

Will probably still give them my patronage in the future, but will be looking for that confirmation or calling.

I would agree that for short notice calling the phone number is probably the better option, especially if you are in Pattaya. They do seem to take time reading their emails as it is usually a couple of days before I get a response from them.

• 2 weeks later...

I started using Mr T in 2009 after previously getting a taxi outside the airport. I can't fault the service. It's much better having somebody to meet you and not having to negotiate the price after a long journey. I had a decent female driver on a couple of occasions too.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

While I understand that the answer would be then. One of the reasons I used Mr Toom, or T, or anyone, because they really know Pattaya. It can be a nightmare if you do not know anything about Thai taxi driver and the public does not know English and have bugger all information in Pattaya. It occurred to me, so this is not theoretical.

-------------------------------

Extended Auto Warranties

Mr T is a rip off just go out side and get a Taxi and it is cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr T is 1000 baht, and you know someone reliable will be waiting at the airport to pick you up. Can't say the same for a taxi driver at the airport who could be anyone. As anyone who has used Mr.T can attest, he is definitely the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Over the years I have used Mr T, Mr Toom and a variety of taxis. I have stood in the queue and I have also walked one floor up and got a cab from the departures area. I have also used Bells on a number of occasions. Heres my take.

1. If you can use Bells and an extra 30 minutes is OK, then do so. 200baht door to door is unbeatable.

2. As Mr T at 1000 baht is the same as the best price I have ever been able to negotiate for a cab, why would I not use him?

3. Cabs can be OK but they can be a nightmare. They piss about going to their favourite garage for gas, take the non-motorways to save a few baht, have quite often ramshackle cars and then when you get to Pattaya have no idea where they are going.

PS. Just checking up to see if I had Mr T's email address right and he responded in a couple of hours. By the way, his office is across the road from the Areca so if you in Patts you can just drop in and make your booking.