Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

So, Is Pattaya Better for you, Worse, or the same?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary

interesting thoughts

i first came 15 yrs ago. true "how much" was NEVER in fact asked. 500b was the unsaid LT rate . 32b/£1 if i remember right. meaning 64b £1 @ 1000b LT now. of course we don't get 64b we get less.

what you mean by low life farang?

A low life farang is one who can't handle his booze. He is aggressive, loud mouthed, obnoxious and rude. He is the type of customer who costs the bars money by running out decent customers. The girls avoid these kinds of customers and that makes them act even worse.

A low life farang is one who can't handle his booze. He is aggressive, loud mouthed, obnoxious and rude. He is the type of customer who costs the bars money by running out decent customers. The girls avoid these kinds of customers and that makes them act even worse.

The Ibiza crowd if you're talking Brits.

Glyn.

There has already been a lot of 'dust biting' in Europe thanks to Germany in the last century.

Somehow we English always seem to pull through, regardless. :clap1

I might be of German descent, but I have been the proud holder of an Australian passport for the last 45 years. I have never been back to Europe in all of that time, you bitter old man. Don't blame me for the problems your country is facing right now. For your sake, I hope Strauss and Cook make a double century each in the second innings at the Gabba tomorrow, just to lift you out of your depression. :grin

Pattaya and Bangkok are getting more expensive and the whole scene is more complicated.

The internet must have a lot to do with it.

Then again, many of us started coming when we where younger.... well we all did... :clap1

The less hardcore girls would prefer a younger or better looking male to fuck. It's only natural. It's not a strict rule or anything but it is something to consider.

Think about it, if you where a manwhore and you could at least try to get a pick of what women to fuck...

If you could fuck one old lady a week for 3000 or three old ladies a week for 1000 would you hold out...

If you could... You get my drift...

I might be of German descent, but I have been the proud holder of an Australian passport for the last 45 years. I have never been back to Europe in all of that time, you bitter old man. Don't blame me for the problems your country is facing right now. For your sake, I hope Strauss and Cook make a double century each in the second innings at the Gabba tomorrow, just to lift you out of your depression. :D

Blame you for the problems of my country ? When ? :clueless

All I suggested was, that a lot of Germans may be regret joining the Euro single Currency. Many were against it in the first place. They have my sympathy !

It was a flippant remark, followed by rolling eyes. - :rolleyes:

You decided to get the arse about what I said - "If it wasn't for Germany- you would all bite the dust- England included ! "

..... you're miserable lives ..... and so on.

And they say Germans have no sense of humour. :unsure:

Yes I am a bitter man. A pint of London Pride will do. :rolleyes: ( That also is a joke )

well i posted on here a few years ago about pharmacist i met in patts after needing some cream for a tattoo id had well just to say still seeing her she came to uk last year no marriage aranged not for me but we still do everything together when im there never payed her a penny only took her away from time to time she as one wine shes half pissed, very shy girl at first and now weve been to gether about 2 and a half years and shes lovely 29 years old now and looks amazing

so im loving it as long as it lasts when the bubble bursts ill get a new one its not all the same in thailand im sure of it i first came 2003 sept ive been on this forum about 4 years now also loving it all :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

IMG_0874_1_.JPG

Without the strong economy of Germany, the rest of Europe would bite the dust in the not so distant future, including England. I hope you will do better in the Ashes series to put a bit of joy into your miserable lives. :D

:bs :bs :clueless :unsure: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Some of us actually live there (or very close), have a thought for us poor sods ! :gulp

Well you got a draw yesterday away so some things are on the up and up!

Have they finished renovating the promenade yet?

Blame you for the problems of my country ? When ? :chogdee

All I suggested was, that a lot of Germans may be regret joining the Euro single Currency. Many were against it in the first place. They have my sympathy !

It was a flippant remark, followed by rolling eyes. - :gulp

You decided to get the arse about what I said - "If it wasn't for Germany- you would all bite the dust- England included ! "

..... you're miserable lives ..... and so on.

And they say Germans have no sense of humour. :unsure:

Yes I am a bitter man. A pint of London Pride will do. :clueless ( That also is a joke )

Point taken. I probably misunderstood your message. No more hard feelings then. :D

Point taken. I probably misunderstood your message. No more hard feelings then. :D

And I take your wishes for double centuries for our batsman, in the way it was intended :D

What is it they say ? Be careful what you wish for ? :thumbup :thumbup

The Ibiza crowd if you're talking Brits.

Glyn.

Not sure where the phrase "The Ibiza crowd" originates but I have seen it a number of times on here and wonder if the people who use it have been and if they did whether they went anywhere other than the West End.

If its young, groups of lads getting pissed up, acting like idiots then the Magaluf, Benidorm or Ayia Napa crowd would be more accurate.

A large percentage of people going to Ibiza are there for the top name DJ's, Superclubs and pills. As its generally considerably more expensive than the other places, some clubs are £30-50 a ticket with drinks between 6 and 12 quid, that actually puts a lot of the idiots off. Thats not to say that there aren't a few idiots there but compared to most "Brits Abroad" locations there is a much friendlier vibe.

Back to the OP:- Only have 5 years/4 trips as reference point but major differences I have noticed are the poorer exchange rate and that some gogo's have come and gone. Everything else pretty much seems the same to me.

well i posted on here a few years ago about pharmacist i met in patts after needing some cream for a tattoo id had well just to say still seeing her she came to uk last year no marriage aranged not for me but we still do everything together when im there never payed her a penny only took her away from time to time she as one wine shes half pissed, very shy girl at first and now weve been to gether about 2 and a half years and shes lovely 29 years old now and looks amazing

so im loving it as long as it lasts when the bubble bursts ill get a new one its not all the same in thailand im sure of it i first came 2003 sept ive been on this forum about 4 years now also loving it all :gulp

:rotflmao

not that's not a bad set up at all in my book.. Good for you.

Not sure where the phrase "The Ibiza crowd" originates but I have seen it a number of times on here and wonder if the people who use it have been and if they did whether they went anywhere other than the West End.

If its young, groups of lads getting pissed up, acting like idiots then the Magaluf, Benidorm or Ayia Napa crowd would be more accurate.

A large percentage of people going to Ibiza are there for the top name DJ's, Superclubs and pills. As its generally considerably more expensive than the other places, some clubs are £30-50 a ticket with drinks between 6 and 12 quid, that actually puts a lot of the idiots off. Thats not to say that there aren't a few idiots there but compared to most "Brits Abroad" locations there is a much friendlier vibe.

Back to the OP:- Only have 5 years/4 trips as reference point but major differences I have noticed are the poorer exchange rate and that some gogo's have come and gone. Everything else pretty much seems the same to me.

It comes from the reputation San Antonio has as stated in places such here and shown on many tv prorammes which, I admit, are probably not a true reflection of the place much like the ones on Pattaya are not. But the name exists and means something to many as a result.

Glyn.

I might be of German descent, but I have been the proud holder of an Australian passport for the last 45 years. I have never been back to Europe in all of that time, you bitter old man. Don't blame me for the problems your country is facing right now. For your sake, I hope Strauss and Cook make a double century each in the second innings at the Gabba tomorrow, just to lift you out of your depression. :lovee

Strauss fell at 110 but at least Cook just managed it (much to my amazement).

Glyn.

Strauss fell at 110 but at least Cook just managed it (much to my amazement).

Glyn.

So good he did it twice.....
Just curious to both of you. When was the last time you were in Pattaya?

It's because I get the impression neither of you have been here for a long time, so therefore you have no standing, AFAIK.

You could prove me wrong, of course

The trend started many years ago and by keeping in touch with friends who live there, friends who spend as much as 30 days per trip

there, and, gasp, reading these boards, one doesn't have to be "on the ground" to know the decline has, unfortunately, continued.

BTW, are you still smoking the same brand?

The trend started many years ago and by keeping in touch with friends who live there, friends who spend as much as 30 days per trip

there, and, gasp, reading these boards, one doesn't have to be "on the ground" to know the decline has, unfortunately, continued.

BTW, are you still smoking the same brand?

Yes, indeed. By that question, can one assume you are planning on making a trip soon?

I stated after my last trip that it was my best ever but this trip tops it.

I love the place and it seems better than ever now.

Agree with this statement....( thanx for the world recession, the lack of the LDOPs etc ) but wait... let see what the holiday season bring to the city...

Walking by Cosy Agogo tonight, their doors were shut.

The bar to the right of Lollipop (as you face from the street), "Blue Sky" (??), is closed as well.

Odd that they couldn't hang on into what should be the high(er) season.

Meantime, around midnight, I went into LDS (Showcase) and could barely find a seat.

Saw Gabor on the street in deep conversation with a girl, but didn't have time to stop, nor did I want to interrupt what might have been an intense negotiation over the meaning of "extended short time" :whistling:

Walking by Cosy Agogo tonight, their doors were shut.
Yes, as they were on Thursday night and I forgot to mention it.

I was not suprised as I had been in and unimpressed a few weeks earlier, but shutting down just prior to peak is very surprising, perhaps the rent was reviewed?