Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I do go short time, but not often. I prefer the Girl Friend Experience. During the last ten years I have visited the "Villages" many times. It's sometimes good to get out of the madness of Pattaya for a few days.

I am no expert, but I have learned something about Thais and Thai Culture. Some of it I wish we could adopt in the 'West.' But some of it is so alien to my culture that it is completely unacceptable. I could relate many examples, but one will do for now.

Some time ago, I was making my second trip to the home of a Girl I rather liked. On my first trip there I was greeted warmly and made to feel very welcome, so I was looking forward to returning. But there was something amiss. Whilst they were polite, the warmth and friendliness was somewhat less. My first thought was that maybe I'd upset them. Perhaps I'd inadvertently said or done something 'out of line.' (It's easy to do.)

During the three days that I was there, people would drift in and sit with my Girls Parents, talking and looking very serious, virtually ignoring my presence. Sometimes they would go outside, and after a while, the visitors would wander off. Plus, my Girl was not her usual affectionate self. I was eager to leave the Village and get back to Pattaya.

Initially, on our return to Pattaya, my Girl was subdued. I wasn't going to put up with this for the rest of my holiday, so after a couple of days, I asked her what I'd done wrong. I was surprised when she started to cry. She explained…

Her Uncle, her Mothers Brother, had been in Hospital for a few weeks, and was quite sick. The Family, and extended family, had been paying for his treatment. What I had witnessed in the 'Village' was the Family making the decision wether to continue paying for the Uncle's stay in Hospital. They decided not to, and withdrew the funding. My Girl said that had they continued paying for the Uncle's treatment, he would have recovered. "Leg him not good" she said. "leg must go."

I suspected that he'd had some kind of accident and that gangrene had set in to the leg, and that it needed to be amputated. I learned later that the uncle died. My Girl said: "him happy now."

To give you a further insight into Thai thinking…

Some of the long standing 'Boardies' here will remember Winston. (Tom) Winston was a prolific poster on here and entertained us with his "Pattaya Prowls." Then he had an accident on his Motorbike. He was seriously ill for a month or two and died whilst being transferred to an Air Ambulance. Winston was 'Skint.' (No money) So an appeal was launched on here to pay for his treatment.

Meanwhile, a friend here in the UK, (Boardie, Mirkwood,Dave,) was keeping his Thai Wife up to date with the Winston Saga. When he told her that Winston had died, she said:

"It good him die. Now he not problem for family."

Obviously, Dave (and I) was stunned at this "off hand" remark by his Wife. Most Thais genuinely believe in the "after-life" and "rebirth," and that now Winston was dead, Buddha would take care of him.

I understand now, why the Family let Ooy die.

And so, through the years, my involvement with Thai Girls has somewhat altered. I still prefer the Girl Friend Experience, but I don't want to get too involved with them. Or risk falling in love with one. Now, when I find a good one, I keep her for the whole Holiday. But rarely go back to her the next trip. "Once and away."

I could give a whole list of examples of Thai Culture that I couldn't accept. However, there is much that I admire. Do a Village trip, and see the poverty that some have to endure. And through it all, wonder at how they can be so happy, and cheerful, and welcoming.

Edited by Barrief
  • Upvote 3
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, if aids is not cause by HIV, why is it that when the viral load decreases from the use of antivirals, the health of patients radically improves.   Most people do not understand science or the sc

I do go short time, but not often. I prefer the Girl Friend Experience. During the last ten years I have visited the "Villages" many times. It's sometimes good to get out of the madness of Patta

Ok Guys this is the shit I have been reaseaching this for years and it annoys me that MSM has got you all arguing with each other.   If you dont believe me reasearch it before you comment. I cant ab

I am not so sure.

I do believe Barrie's efforts came out of kindness, but the realities, in a pragmatic way, are he may have indirectly helped her infected others with HIV.

Of course the girl was the selfish and manipulative one, but Barrie, enabled her to 'go back to work'.

She had already showed a callous attitude to him, so why should she do different to others.

Quite a drama with no easy answers.

The girl was going to go back to work one way or the other, TG's are very Pragmatic, that's what she would've done, with or without Barrief's medical assistance................maybe due to his help she lived/worked longer i grant you, but she was always going back to work...........

The girl was going to go back to work one way or the other, TG's are very Pragmatic, that's what she would've done, with or without Barrief's medical assistance................maybe due to his help she lived/worked longer i grant you, but she was always going back to work...........

Yes.. absolutely true. But I didn't know it then.

Yes.. absolutely true. But I didn't know it then.

Yes, and to me, you should be commended for what you did for her mate, as i said, if Karma exists, you my friend, will have many, many positives coming your way.

Thanks for the reply by the way, i've posted it now :thumbup

No, according to the doctor her T-cell count was so low she would have died in months.

She looked ill too... customers would have been few.

Your comment seems uninformed.

Due to his help she was able to make a return to near full health and potentially propogate her illness with her reckless and callous behaviour.

People are being thrown in jail for doing what she did... ...

Barrie... your more recent posting does not answer my question on whether you would do anything differently. Perhaps I am less inclined to donate to papa sick stories though! :whistling:

Edited by jacko
No, according to the doctor her T-cell count was so low she would have died in months.

She looked ill too... customers would have been few.

Your comment seems uninformed.

Due to his help she was able to make a return to near full health and potentially propogate her illness with her reckless and callous behaviour.

People are being thrown in jail for doing what she did... ...

Barrie... your more recent posting does not answer my question on whether you would do anything differently. Perhaps I am less inclined to donate to papa sick stories though! :whistling:

No, seems you are uninformed. You and me did not know the girl, Barrief did and he agreed with my comment..............you even admit it, by saying customers would have been few, but still there would be customers, so to have customers, she would have to be working, no?

It is naive to say she wouldn't have gone back to work, all be not very successfully due to how she possibly would have looked, but back to work all the same.

I find what you are trying to insinuat about Barrief very unpalatable, but that's up to you, i'm not getting into a shitfeast about what is a tragic story....

As an aside, my job has me in contact with HIV+ people all the time, i am very awareof the 'issues' be it legal or medical...........i am far from being uninformed :whistling:

So i'll leave it at that, i don't want to get any more unpalatable.........

Edited by Irish boy
No, seems you are uninformed. You and me did not know the girl, Barrief did and he agreed with my comment..............you even admit it, by saying customers would have been few, but still there would be customers, so to have customers, she would have to be working, no?

It is naive to say she wouldn't have gone back to work, all be not very successfully due to how she possibly would have looked, but back to work all the same.

I find what you are trying to insinuat about Barrief very unpalatable, but that's up to you, i'm not getting into a shitfeast about what is a tragic story....

As an aside, my job has me in contact with HIV+ people all the time, i am very awareof the 'issues' be it legal or medical...........i am far from being uninformed :whistling:

So i'll leave it at that, i don't want to get any more unpalatable.........

What exactly am I trying to insinuate here..... ? I am pragmatically trying to figure out what would be the best thing to have done!

If she goes back to work for just another month looking unwell and continuously coughing, likely fewer customers than working for another few years rosy cheeked.

Barrie most certainly did not know the girl very well, by his admission, he was taken in by her lies. She allowed him to have unprotected sex while knowingly being HIV positive. :whistling:

Palatable or not, isn't this a worthy and important thing... let Barrie answer, I am not attempting to me malicious towards him. Looking at the small picture, on an individual basis, could well be completely wrong.

Good, you work with aids, and are aware. It surprises me you think it is advantageous to suppress their illness and send them out into the world to infect others. I don't believe head in the sand is best here..... one has to think out of the box a little.

(I sponsor a HIV+ kid here and this has got me thinking......)

Edited by jacko
Barrie... your more recent posting does not answer my question on whether you would do anything differently. Perhaps I am less inclined to donate to papa sick stories though! :allright

Have thought about it in depth again, and the honest answer is the same now as then… I don't know. There were too many "what ifs." Too many variables. I sometimes wish that I'd continued paying for her treatment, and that she was still alive, but then she may have continued on to infect others. What would you have done?

It wouldn't happen again however. I don't stay with a Girl long enough to get emotionally involved.

Have thought about it in depth again, and the honest answer is the same now as then… I don't know. There were too many "what ifs." Too many variables. I sometimes wish that I'd continued paying for her treatment, and that she was still alive, but then she may have continued on to infect others. What would you have done?

It wouldn't happen again however. I don't stay with a Girl long enough to get emotionally involved.

You are right, there are to many what if's. I've found that the way I think I will react to something, isn't always the case when it comes up. Maybe my mood at the time, or how well my life is going, or many other variables. Don't let Jacko get under your skin. You've earned a lot of respect in my book. I don't think many would do what you did, even though it's the human, and civilized thing to do. To second guess what someone would do with an extended lifespan, really shouldn't come into the equation.

Often times people will disappoint you. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't give a helping hand, when you can.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Damn, I was hoping you wouldn't turn the question back on me.

There are places people, who are HIV + and developing AIDs go to in Thailand, a care home. Maybe I would have looked for something like that to 'lock her up in'. But initially, probably I would have taken her to the doc as you did, for immediate treatment.

When I was a 'sex tourist' coming to LOS for my vacations from work, I never got that close to them. It ended at the airport, as I knew they moved on to others and it was all fantasy.

Edited by jacko
When I was a 'sex tourist' coming to LOS for my vacations from work, I never got that close to them. It ended at the airport, as I knew they moved on to others and it was all fantasy.

Exactly right. That's how I've regarded it during the last few years. It's just a holiday destination. Albeit, the best.

There was one other consideration when making the decision re her treatment. I am substantially older than Ooy. I would pop my clogs long before her, given that her treatment continued. So the medication would have finished anyway, with the same conclusion.

• 1 year later...

Pacman and I, were having a beer one summer’s evening, about a year after I first met Ooy. We’d returned home from Pattaya a few weeks previously. While we were on that trip Ooy had developed a persistent cough. I took her to Boots, the Pharmacy, in ‘Big C’ for some medication, but it didn’t seem to help much. After we returned I spoke to her on the phone a couple of times a week, and each time we talked the cough seemed to be getting worse. She was also losing weight. She was down to 39 kilo.

Hi Barrief, do you still have the rest of this story? I found it when I was doing research for my first trip to Pattaya. I went but when I returned the website and the story were gone. Its a touching, haunting story...one of those that you just can't get out of your head. And the ending always reduces me to tears.

I personally believe the Aids thing is largely overstated.

A few weeks ago I looked up the WHO website and was reading HIV infections in Thailand and other countries. HIV in Thailand was under 1.5% of the population which and was falling each year.

I remeber the stats were always quoted as much higher.

I also had a test done when I was there with my g/f and we both tested negative. The test was simple and quick.

I do believe Aids is very very real but I do question how easy they say it is to contract. You think about the number of times intercourse happens on a daily basis in Thailand and still a low infection rate.

You could also argue that with an infection rate of about 1.5%, then every girl in Pattaya should on average become infected after just 70 shags!!!

Food for thought

cheers

Rodney

I do believe Aids is very very real but I do question how easy they say it is to contract. You think about the number of times intercourse happens on a daily basis in Thailand and still a low infection rate.

I have done tons of reading about HIV/AIDs for the obvious purpose of avoiding it myself. It is quite obvious that a huge proportion of the infections result from anal sex (especially dangerous for the receiver) and the sharing of dirty needles. Fortunately I do not partake in either of these two activities. Researchers have found that many people claiming to get HIV/AIDs from vaginal sex actually got it from gay anal sex or sharing dirty needles and were just claiming the vaginal sex cause because they did not want to admit they were gay or drug users. So even the statistics that you might see showing the cause of infection is most likely over reporting vaginal sex as a cause.

• 5 years later...

Ok Guys this is the shit I have been reaseaching this for years and it annoys me that MSM has got you all arguing with each other.

If you dont believe me reasearch it before you comment. I cant abide people who are ignorant because they are lazy and dont do the reasearch.

This is very controversial however I have not found any proof that HIV causes AIDS. Niether has some of the best scientists in the world. However they have a billion dollar entiprise owened by the pattent holder and the CDC which take money from every pill test ever invented for HIV. So it may be a conspiracy theory but money sways people!

HIV is difficult to catch for a man you have to have sex with a woman who has HIV approx 1500 times to catch it once.

Simplify it how many have it with that statistic 1500 times with infected person it is like winning the euros millions lottery. Doing a double dip at the weekend. Drop that down to approx 80 times with anal sex.

Heres some broad facts a large percentage of people who have HIV dont. False positives are a regular occurrence. The western blot test is flawed many pre existing conditions sicnesses like MONO can procuce false positives

70% of the worlds population which has AIDS got it from Big Pharma indirectly selling tainted blood that was going Out of Date and was all mixed together and sent to africa for blood transfusions. (lost of infections from tainted blood infused into people is the recipy for AIDS) not HIV

Africa AIDS rate is decreasing.

AIDS can be Genetic

AIDS is when your body shuts down because it has no chance fighting all the nasty shit and viruses you have put in your body.

So if you are a drug user , do poppers dont eat well, contract illnesses or diseases a lot . Any mixture of these your immune system can shut down and give you AIDS

Anal sex is 20X more chance of catching something than vaginal

Just Look at how many people dies of AIDS were gay or bi and habitual drug users.. Almost all of them!!!

HIV does not cause viremia. Its that illusive in an infected patient you cant take a picture of it.

There is only diagrams and pictures of the Heb b virus on the net. That has been adress by new photos but electron microscopes have been out for years why now when it is questioned.

Why is there no pictures only diagrams?

HIV does not follow Kosh Postulates

Go for a CD4 test after sunbathing. Yout Tcell will be lower than 200 + AIDS

I had a friend who was diagnosed with HIV bad drug user .She I said start exercising eaat properly and stop doing drugs .

1 Year later no HIV. How????

PEP pill 98% guaranteed that it works. The virus has no viremia so if you were pierced with a needle from an infected person. there is 98% chance you wont get it anyway.

The pill you can take for you baby not to have HIV. Really you can stop this virus you cannot see from entering your baby through an umbilical cord. How it defies science and Physics.

If you look at the stats actully most babys are born without HIV anyway. Without medication.

The fact is there is shit out there that you should be more worried about than HIV like Hepatitis. So use a condom and get a large sise on farangs they are black and have 36 on them. They dont split.

Look make up your own mind.

Watch Gary knull the myth of AIDS. (its really dated and some of the stuff they say is not true today however its a good watch.

Remember dont believe everything you are told do the reaserch and make your own mind up!! Scientists do this!!

• Downvote 3

So, if aids is not cause by HIV, why is it that when the viral load decreases from the use of antivirals, the health of patients radically improves.

Most people do not understand science or the scientific method. There are many things we cannot see actually occur. Science forms a hypothesis and tests it. In the case of HIV and aids the hypothesis was that a virus could be the underlying cause. After a long period of trial and error and developing new antiviral medications, people have now been in remission for years.

It is true that they cannot see this happen but the hypothesis has continued to be tested. They rotate viral meds as one regimen becomes ineffective. Magic Johnson has done well and aids in the USA is way down as a cause of death but people are on the meds for life at this time. What was an acute fatal disease is know a chronic infection that can be controlled. Hopefully before too much more time goes on they will find a way to permanently kill the HIV virus as they have the HepC virus. They cannot cure herpes but they have a method to prevent shingles which is from chickenpox which is related to herpes.

Scientific models are not about certainty. Most people do not understand the scientific method. This is part of the problem. Other non scientific theories take hold. Those are more akin to belief systems.

If you are ill, see a medical professional. The late Steve McQueen got fatal lung cancer and went to Mexico because he hoped for a non scientific cure. Was that laetrile? Needless to say it did not work.

What science tells us about HIV in brief:

The virus has been found in saliva, blood and other bodily fluids. Needle freaks and fudge packers have an increased chance of contracting it.

Women have a greater chance of contracting the virus from men than vice versa.

Circumcised men have a lesser risk than non circumcised males.

You are at risk of genital warts HPV from getting a blowjob if the woman has the virus in her oral cavity. A guy can transfer HPV or herpes from the vagins to the mouth of a partner.

A guy can get oral herpes or HPV from oral sex.

I too hate condoms. Maybe at 66 I need not be so concerned. To think it won't happen because it has never happened is silly. You pays your price and you takes your chance.

The thing about science is that if something different is found, true science will correct itself. With a belief system it never changes despite evidence to the contrary. If there are issues with science it is not the method. People are fallible and corruptible but that applies to true believers as well. I will take my chances with science.

One last thing. The reason they got onto the virus is because there is a simian form of Aids. When they tested the animals they found a virus that seems to be a relative of HIV. One theory has it having jumped across species. That could have been from handling simian blood when butchering. They do not know for sure but it is suspiciously similar.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • Upvote 4

They may be closer than we think to a single dose or short term regimen that keeps HIV infected viral free without continuing anti-viral medicines.

Introduction from http://www.aidsmap.com/Spanish-vaccine-induces-viral-control-off-ART-in-nearly-40-of-recipients/page/3118668/

THE SEARCH FOR A CURE

Spanish vaccine induces viral control off ART in nearly 40% of recipients
SharonLewin_quote_1000_707.jpg

A so-called ‘HIV Conserv’ vaccine has, for the first time, produced significant prolonged viral control in a large minority of recipients once they were taken off antiretroviral therapy (ART). So far, one participant has stayed off ART for seven months without having to resume it. Presenting at the Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI 2017), Beatriz Mothe said that viral control in recipients of the vaccine occurred more frequently than spontaneous control of HIV seen in previous studies of treatment interruption.

Although a number of vaccine studies in monkeys have produced long-term viral suppression, this is the first human study to produce such an effect.

Additionally, the PARTNER study has found that viral load suppression (as achieved through HIV treatment) is successful in preventing HIV transmission to a non-HIV partner.

So it might be that Barrief's help with meds could have lowered Ooy's viral load to the non-detectable stage such that she could still work without passing on the disease.

Ok Guys this is the shit I have been reaseaching this for years and it annoys me that MSM has got you all arguing with each other.

"A load of stuff about AIDS"

So within 40 minutes of joining the site you make this post?

Not a troll, by any chance?

Just curious.

KM

So within 40 minutes of joining the site you make this post?

Not a troll, by any chance?

Just curious.

KM

I'm curious as well..... especially since the name "normanjay" is linked to an actor that died of AIDS.... Norman Jay Rambo AKA Dack Rambo....

Looks a bit too much like a troll, and a Thailand based one as well....

Edited by TheFiend

Not a troll guys and taking the piss does make you sound like children!!

I have just given a load of facts you make your own minds up reasearch it.

Everytime someone makes a discovery that proves it doesnt cause AIDS they bring out a new medicine. Just saying its too coincidental.

A virus that cant be grown in a culture.

A virus that cannot be seen!

If it is real it would be a one of a kind virus ALIEN like

I have one theary that if it was real it is that small it cant cause Viremia effecting the cells at a level we cannot see thus taking 10 years to kill you!

I would never rule it out as I can never be certain about anything.

Seeing is believing for me and I just cant see it. The virus has no atomic weight too

Not a troll guys and taking the piss does make you sound like children!!

"...and stuff"

No-one took the piss out of you, I gave my opinion (which I'm entitled to) that a post such as yours as a first post in a mongers forum appeared to be from a troll.

If you walked into a bar and without introducing yourself you tried to start a conversation with a deep scientific theory, where everyone else is just chilling out and having a beer, do you think you would be welcomed with open arms???

You appear to be posting for attention

Just my opinion.

KM

I can be quite antisocial. People call me google or jay . Apologies for not introducing myself. Unfortunatly I am Dyslexic have ADHD and Hypermania a form of bipolar disorder. I dont ever think of introducing myself. The ineficiency of it baraded by useless small talk. Trying socially but never been asked before in a forum before.

I can be quite antisocial. People call me google or jay . Apologies for not introducing myself. Unfortunatly I am Dyslexic have ADHD and Hypermania a form of bipolar disorder. I dont ever think of introducing myself. The ineficiency of it baraded by useless small talk. Trying socially but never been asked before in a forum before.

Nothing to be ashamed of.... Not everybody is perfect, not even me!!! I've suffered severe depressions in the past, but that changed after finding Thailand. I've got a daughter who was diagnosed as being dyslexic and she hasn't let that hold her back, in fact if anything it has encouraged her.....

I haven't seen the documentary but I am going to watch it because I am extremely interested in this subject and have conducted much of my own research over the years, mainly due to periods of anxiousness about contracting HIV when I have been reckless and barebacking with bar girls in Thailand. Indeed, if there was one thing that I could change about my trips to Thailand and something that takes the shine off of them a little, it's the anxiety I sometimes experience worrying about this. It would be asinine to deny the existence of AIDS but after extensive research I do believe that much of the research and "facts" regarding HIV and AIDS is inconclusive at best and much of it is used as a way of controlling people and the way they behave. I am of the opinion that if you are a heterosexual male then it is extremely difficult to contact HIV, even if you are have unprotected sex with a girl that has the virus. I am not condoning or advocating unprotected sex with sex workers as this is just my opinion and while it still isn't impossible to contract HIV through unprotected heterosexual sex it probably makes sense to try and limit the number of times you do this if you are going to go through life frequently having sex with sex workers in South East Asia. I see this as an occupational hazard for mongers and if you're like me, something that will invariably happen from time to time.