Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

stuff.

Being presented with research is fine, but interpreting that research is something else altogether. Also, it helps if the research is factual in the first place.I take it you don't nor have you ever worked in the Medical field?. Anecdotal evidence is never reliable, especially when reported via the internet. Also your statistics are way out, winning the euromillions or getting LDK to buy a round of drinks are about 1 in 140 million. If you can't quote accurate stats, why should we give your post any credence?.

If you are a druggie using shared needles, then the chances of suffering from one or more auto immune are very high anyway.

I'm not here to argue with you because it is pointless, we would never agree. Besides, I'd be happier drinking a beer with you talking about pussy and football.

Midlifecrisis has pretty much hit the nail on the head with his very well informed reply.

Despite all the "panic" over HIV and AIDS, plus the skeptical and factual information we have, it exists. However, it isn't just about that, it is about STD's in general. It's about new antibiotic resistant forms of Chlamydia and the Clap (can't be bothered to spell gonorrhea), some rather virulent strains of herpes (and in the words of my very good friend Gawd Elpus - that's one kind of duty free you don't want to come home with).

These are emerging in SEA and it's not just a rumour, Mrs Butch has already had to treat a patient with the clap which would not react to the usual high dose of specific antibiotics, and had to refer them up the NHS food chain to the guy with a new Mercedes and trophy wife (Consultant) who then referred the patient to the guy with the Porsche 911RS and expensive divorce settlement (Senior Consultant) which ended up with the patient on a 3 pronged attack of antibiotics and a drip.

It is also about the emerging diseases / virii and the mutating forms. It's about where we are 5 years from now when the threat of HIV has been eradicated and we're looking at a new one.

There's no doubt at all that the big pharma's are corrupt, they're the acceptable opposite to the tobacco Industry who really are pussycats in comparison. Want to make money? Invest in a big pharma. When you have carte blanche to perform human experiments in small villages in Africa, the (3rd) world is your oyster.

Bottom line, if you're going to fuck South East Asian prostitutes in the worlds biggest whorehouse bareback, then there's a very good chance you'll catch a nasty disease.

I love an analogy, so here's another one. When you have a wank you always close the door and pull the curtains right?. Go figure.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, if aids is not cause by HIV, why is it that when the viral load decreases from the use of antivirals, the health of patients radically improves.   Most people do not understand science or the sc

I do go short time, but not often. I prefer the Girl Friend Experience. During the last ten years I have visited the "Villages" many times. It's sometimes good to get out of the madness of Patta

Ok Guys this is the shit I have been reaseaching this for years and it annoys me that MSM has got you all arguing with each other.   If you dont believe me reasearch it before you comment. I cant ab

I love an analogy, so here's another one. When you have a wank you always close the door and pull the curtains right?. Go figure.

Shit!!!! I always keep forgetting to close the curtains!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Not a troll guys and taking the piss does make you sound like children!!

I have just given a load of facts you make your own minds up reasearch it.

Everytime someone makes a discovery that proves it doesnt cause AIDS they bring out a new medicine. Just saying its too coincidental.

A virus that cant be grown in a culture.

I did not think ant virus could, it requires a host cell. bacterial infections are grown in cultures.

A virus that cannot be seen!

Can any virus be seen?

If it is real it would be a one of a kind virus ALIEN like

Let us stay within the realms of Earth bound science.

I have one theary that if it was real it is that small it cant cause Viremia effecting the cells at a level we cannot see thus taking 10 years to kill you!

I would never rule it out as I can never be certain about anything.

Seeing is believing for me and I just cant see it. The virus has no atomic weight too

Surely you have to expect BMs to believe qualified scientists rather than someone who just arrived on a board, whose qualifications we know little of, and who cannot spell.

Science appears to have extended almost without limit those infected in more modern times. In the UK we were losing the gay entertainers like flies, Freddy mercury, Kenny Everett etc and in less than 10 years.

All I can say is, despite so many men around here trying to justify their cavalier attitude with talk of low to zero risk, I would not go near an infected woman knowingly. And there have been a lot of deaths of women within Thailand due to Aids, but generally it is something they try to hide. My thoughts are that those women were infected during heterosexual relationships... by men.

Interesting to put it here for discussion, although not many are qualified.

Edited by jacko

People believe in lots of things. They believe in God. They believe in there is no God.

The nice thing about science is you do not need to believe. Science is just the current understanding of how something works.

People who believe in God cannot believe it and you can't give them any evidence that will get them to change their minds. The same goes for atheists and belief in aliens or the Bigfoot.

Science is a method in which data is collected and tested. You do not believe results. You do retest them. And a certain point you say that absence of further evidence this is the best understanding we have of what is going on. It is the antithesis of a belief system. Belief systems rely on dogma. They work on the principle that you need to convert others to your beliefs.

Science is intellectual. Belief is emotional.

That said there are some who say they are scientific and then call people things like climate change deniers. That is not science. That is politics. More belief system.

• Upvote 1

The fact is that HIV does exist and people have had it go into full blown AIDS and have died from it. I had a friend of mine try to justify it by saying how many people all over the world get bitten by mosquitoes and how many actually get HIV, Dengue fever, or Malaria from it. I got Dengue so i am not a big subscriber to that. Sure i believe you stand a much better chance if catching HIV from sharing hypodermic needles than unprotected sex but is it really worth potentially your life? That is something one should ask themselves. We have all probably done some drunk and stupid things mongering but you can't always get off with just a slap on the wrist

• Upvote 2

The OP story is a bit dubious in how he told it.

There is some natural resistance to the HIV virus but you will always contract HIV, it is a virus no way to get around it.

It can take years for some people to develop full blown aids from it, but it doesn't mean they are completely immune, but this only occurs with those people that don't contract any other diseases which impact the human immune system.

Although with the current medice available to suppress the virus up to a point where it hardly can be detected, it is still possible to infect other people, even if you hear the feel good stories where couples have not infected babies with one of the partners being HIV positive, the risk remains the same.

So act smart and cover up.

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen the documentary but I am going to watch it because I am extremely interested in this subject and have conducted much of my own research over the years, mainly due to periods of anxiousness about contracting HIV when I have been reckless and barebacking with bar girls in Thailand. Indeed, if there was one thing that I could change about my trips to Thailand and something that takes the shine off of them a little, it's the anxiety I sometimes experience worrying about this. It would be asinine to deny the existence of AIDS but after extensive research I do believe that much of the research and "facts" regarding HIV and AIDS is inconclusive at best and much of it is used as a way of controlling people and the way they behave. I am of the opinion that if you are a heterosexual male then it is extremely difficult to contact HIV, even if you are have unprotected sex with a girl that has the virus. I am not condoning or advocating unprotected sex with sex workers as this is just my opinion and while it still isn't impossible to contract HIV through unprotected heterosexual sex it probably makes sense to try and limit the number of times you do this if you are going to go through life frequently having sex with sex workers in South East Asia. I see this as an occupational hazard for mongers and if you're like me, something that will invariably happen from time to time.

I agree you Siam Sam. I was reading this thread before I became a member ( just now ) I have also taken risks ( had accidents when a bit drunk ) before with prostitutes and one nighters with girls in clubs in China when I lived there. I think the risk of contracting HIV in Pattaya with bar girls is remote BUT, who wants to take the risk? Winning lotto is low chance but people still win. Yep, use condoms, because besides HIV there is Hep A and syphilis which is all nasty shit. Sure, sometimes there are accidents. It is people who deliberately often have unsafe sex with multiple girls in Pattaya who are the real problem. Anyway, why worry and be anxious for six weeks before you have a ( 95 % sure ) HIV/STD test?. And then another one a month later at 99 per cent accuracy? I know, it's not really worth the stress. Use protection and don't get really drunk or smoke pot, etc, this is when mistakes happen.

I agree you Siam Sam. I was reading this thread before I became a member ( just now ) I have also taken risks ( had accidents when a bit drunk ) before with prostitutes and one nighters with girls in clubs in China when I lived there. I think the risk of contracting HIV in Pattaya with bar girls is remote BUT, who wants to take the risk? Winning lotto is low chance but people still win. Yep, use condoms, because besides HIV there is Hep A and syphilis which is all nasty shit. Sure, sometimes there are accidents. It is people who deliberately often have unsafe sex with multiple girls in Pattaya who are the real problem. Anyway, why worry and be anxious for six weeks before you have a ( 95 % sure ) HIV/STD test?. And then another one a month later at 99 per cent accuracy? I know, it's not really worth the stress. Use protection and don't get really drunk or smoke pot, etc, this is when mistakes happen.

I am 66. I am not advocating unsafe sex but want to put something in perspective.

The older a man gets if he develops prostate cancer, the less likely it will be what kills him. Often it isn't even treated.

An older man who contracts HIV is also less likely to die from AIDS, especially if treated. With the meds today it is a chronic condition. However, treatment is expensive. AIDS develops from 5 to 10 years after exposure so someone my age may die before getting sick, Male life expectancy is a bit over 78 in the USA and dropping.

Other STDs scare me more than AIDS so it is worth covering up. Even a blow job from a woman who has HPV in her oral cavity could be problematic.

Best to stay at home and wank? You only live once and life has many risks. A massage with a handjob is your safest bet.

I am 66. I am not advocating unsafe sex but want to put something in perspective.

The older a man gets if he develops prostate cancer, the less likely it will be what kills him. Often it isn't even treated.

An older man who contracts HIV is also less likely to die from AIDS, especially if treated. With the meds today it is a chronic condition. However, treatment is expensive. AIDS develops from 5 to 10 years after exposure so someone my age may die before getting sick, Male life expectancy is a bit over 78 in the USA and dropping.

Other STDs scare me more than AIDS so it is worth covering up. Even a blow job from a woman who has HPV in her oral cavity could be problematic.

Best to stay at home and wank? You only live once and life has many risks. A massage with a handjob is your safest bet.

midlifecrisis, I agree with you to a certain extent. I don't use protection for getting oral sex or when doing it on a woman. I just use a lot of listerine after going down on a woman. For straight vaginal sex, yes, condoms, nearly always, unless I was really drunk on rare occasions. I think for a hand job there is zero risk. I ve heard that some guys in Pattaya just get blow jobs and hand jobs these days. BTW, there is a tiny slim Thai girl in LK Metro area who is paranoid about condom use. I met her when I was browsing "People Nearby" on We Chat in Soi Dianna near Areca Lodge in mid-2015. She came to my place, insisted on two condoms for oral and straight sex. Needless to say, I never used her again and wasted 1000 baht. The condom burst during sex anyway. I've heard this before, two condoms much less safe then one.

midlifecrisis, I agree with you to a certain extent. I don't use protection for getting oral sex or when doing it on a woman. I just use a lot of listerine after going down on a woman. For straight vaginal sex, yes, condoms, nearly always, unless I was really drunk on rare occasions. I think for a hand job there is zero risk. I ve heard that some guys in Pattaya just get blow jobs and hand jobs these days. BTW, there is a tiny slim Thai girl in LK Metro area who is paranoid about condom use. I met her when I was browsing "People Nearby" on We Chat in Soi Dianna near Areca Lodge in mid-2015. She came to my place, insisted on two condoms for oral and straight sex. Needless to say, I never used her again and wasted 1000 baht. The condom burst during sex anyway. I've heard this before, two condoms much less safe then one.

I had never heard that about two condoms. I have never had one break using one. It makes sense that they are not designed for two on at a time.

Edited by midlifecrisis

You might want to change your methodology with the Listerine. Not only does it not kill HIV and other STD nasties it actually makes things easier for most of them as it is an irritant to the skin and like open wounds is a highway to hell pathway for the enemy.

As long as there are no cuts, bleeding gums, etc., the body's own saliva is a much better defense against HIV than any over the counter self medication.

Edited by VPI78
  • Upvote 1

The HIV virus thrives in human blood. It begins to die and fragment almost immediately upon leaving the bloodstream. Fragmented HIV can be detected in urine, vaginal secretions, saliva, tears, etc.. But it is usually not communicable when fragmented. Types A & B HIV are somewhat slower to degrade than Type C HIV.

You might want to change your methodology with the Listerine. Not only does it not kill HIV and other STD nasties it actually makes things easier for most of them as it is an irritant to the skin and like open wounds is a highway to hell pathway for the enemy.

As long as there are no cuts, bleeding gums, etc., the body's own saliva is a much better defense against HIV than any over the counter self medication.

Ok, as far as I have read you are correct. Some researchers have found that Listerine is ineffective at killing STD's because of it's lower alcohol content (27 per cent ) Some tests in Melbourne and also Tokyo ( I think ) found that Listerine killed 100 per cent of the MRSA bug and is effective at wiping out gonnorhea, but it only killed 50 per cent of any HIV virus in the samples tested after 3-10 minute exposures to Listerine.

There is a story about a guy who had unprotected sex with a hooker and dipped his wick in Listerine, but a GP responded to him and said this is not good enough to eradicate HIV. All he got from doing that was an inflamed urethra.

Ok, as far as I have read you are correct. Some researchers have found that Listerine is ineffective at killing STD's because of it's lower alcohol content (27 per cent ) Some tests in Melbourne and also Tokyo ( I think ) found that Listerine killed 100 per cent of the MRSA bug and is effective at wiping out gonnorhea, but it only killed 50 per cent of any HIV virus in the samples tested after 3-10 minute exposures to Listerine.

There is a story about a guy who had unprotected sex with a hooker and dipped his wick in Listerine, but a GP responded to him and said this is not good enough to eradicate HIV. All he got from doing that was an inflamed urethra.

Sounds logical, but other than crossing 2nd Road on foot in Pattaya, the more significant health risks to most farang dabbling in 'unprotected' sex is Hep B, warts and other viruses. HIV is relatively hard to catch but Hep B is endemic in Thailand and most of SE Asia and the majority of natives are exposed to it because inoculations against it are not common. 95% of those that get Hep B shake it off but for the remaining 5% it is a chronic infection and eventually like Hep C destroys the liver in many.

So even if you persist in Listerine dousing, make sure your Hep B shots are up to date. Even then nothing much is going to protect you from Herpes. Ah the early 80s when that was the worst thing folks worried about.

I admit I'm a weak minded hetrosexual male who plays fast and loose with the condom.

I never refuse to wear one when asked and never try to upgrade services to avoid it.

Allot of girls entice guys into service without it in hope of a repeat visit or a long term relationship.

I date MILFS in the states and the past two years I've had very few who ask for the condom.....my thinking on that is they want a long term relationship and will do anything to land a big fish.

I feel like my chances of HIV are minimal due to my limited bareback interaction with prostitutes.

Riding my bike without a helmet when I've had 3 or more beers is more likely to end me than anything.

Yep I need to be reminded that it's a risk and I need to wear the hat in the bedroom and on the bike.

I date MILFS in the states and the past two years I've had very few who ask for the condom.....my thinking on that is they want a long term relationship and will do anything to land a big fish.

Are these MILFs beyond their child bearing years?

If not, landing a big fish might be all too easy for them.

Gd bless the 60's, when motorbikes were dangerous....and sex wasnt

Sex has always been dangerous. If Al Capone was here to testify, he would agree with that. (syphilis)

I knew a young lady in the late 60s who got the clap, it went untreated for too long and ended up in her sterility.

Sex has always been dangerous. If Al Capone was here to testify, he would agree with that. (syphilis)

I knew a young lady in the late 60s who got the clap, it went untreated for too long and ended up in her sterility.

I'd wager Al was pissed more about the IRS than the syphilis.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I arrived at this thread out of my own curiosity after a 10-day visit to Thailand in March where I got lackadaisical about condom use after about the 3rd day. I tip my hat to Barrief and his heartfelt post on page 1, along with the various replies. I tested negative for everything last month, although I would recommend everyone to always use a condom. It's easier said than done, especially typing this sober when in fact I was quite buzzed all throughout my first visit to Pattaya.

Alcohol definitely makes Thailand more fun, but, I should be more careful whenever I decide to go back again.

• Upvote 1