Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Any bus service after 6pm from BKK airport to Pattaya?

Hi Everyone

I arrive at BKK airport at about 9PM - wanting to know if there are any bus services to Pattaya late at night from BKK airport?

I usually leave this all to my Thai GF but she has decided to leave me for a Millionare recently ....thats another topic all togther

I noticed that Bells last bus leaves at 6PM so I not sure what other bus services there are from the airport?

Any help would be appreciated - Can't wait to get back to Pattaya and this time its with no thai gf so it's going to be a very very different experience for me but life goes on and I will do the best with what I have

Cheers :D

There is no late evening or night bus service between Swampy and Pattaya. Around 9 pm, taxi is the only real option for getting to Pattaya from the airport.

Evil

:devil

By taxis we don't necessarily mean public taxis at the stands in front of the airport.

(Although nothing wrong with them and you can get to Pattaya for about 1500 baht).

There are also cars you can book using email (Mr T and Mr Toom) are a couple mentioned here frequently. (1000 to 1200 baht)

You will also be besieged by touts offering rides when you arrive.

Edited by jacko

Hi

Thank you for the info - looks like a night in BKK is on the cards then leave the next morning...

Can't wait for this trip...so excited

I really appreciate your help for the replies :thumbup

Cheers >

Hi

Thank you for the info - looks like a night in BKK is on the cards then leave the next morning...

Cheers >

Why?

The airport is 12 km out of Bangkok and on the main Highway between Pattaya and Bangkok.

It takes about 2 hours max to Pattaya at that time, you could go out for a few hours on arrival.

Why?

The airport is 12 km out of Bangkok and on the main Highway between Pattaya and Bangkok.

It takes about 2 hours max to Pattaya at that time, you could go out for a few hours on arrival.

Agree with Jacko on this one. You may as well head straight to Pattaya. Try Mr T, or even your hotel, they may provide a pick up service. You will still get to Patts in time for a S/S/S and have plenty of time to hit Walking Street.

Cluster

I always spend at least a couple of nights in BKK before heading down to Pattaya if arriving late at night (which is usually the case). 'Short trip fm the airport to the Sukhumvit area and rapid transition to the street scene - a chance to catch up on what's up at Nana & Soi Cowboy if nothing else. Then the trip down to Pattaya is just a matter of grabbing a bus/taxi or arranging a driver whenever I'm ready. But if you want to just head straight to Pattaya, then I think some of the drivers mentioned here on the forum are the way to go. (Dynasty Inn will provide you free transportation from the Dynasty Inn in BKK down to Pattaya if you book at least 2 nights at one of the Dynasty hotels in Pattya - I think that's the way it works.)

Hi

Cheers >

Yes, you might as well spend the taxi money on a hotel room in Bangkok instead and then jump on the bus from Ekkamai next morning.

I've never used the Skytrain from the airport into Bangkok so dont know what time that service ends. Anybody know?

Hmmm - I should know this 'cause I JUST missed the last train one night back in JAN... Or was it the last Express I missed? I know I had THOUGHT they ran until midnight, like the rest of the BTS system (and like the timetables they published back in 2010 say), but I got down to the station level after seeing someone off and discovered the last one actually left earlier than that - 10PM I think... Even if they DO run 'til midnight, the rest of the system does shutdown at midnight, so if you were to take a midnight train & arrive at Phaya Thai (or any of the other Airport Link stations) after midnight, you won't be able to then catch the regular BTS.

Heading to Bangkok at night is fine IF you have a reason to go there. Heading there just because the buses have stopped is not . The taxi to Bangkok will be a few hundred baht and around 30 minutes.The bus fare the next day will be another 100 baht or so and you would still have to get to the bus station with your luggage. The taxis operator mentioned will charge around 1000 so maybe $20 more to go right away.

The other issue would be traffic. Not much at10 PM so the trip could be as short as 1 hour to Pattaya. Leaving Bangkok in the morning will hit Bangkok traffic leaving and could take much longer

• 10 months later...

For airport train they have a website (I found it using google) - http://www.bangkokairporttrain.com/news.html

For 389 bus they have a website (I found it using google) - http://www.airportpa...varnahbumi.html

Airport train - to Pattaya? :clueless Airport Rail Link is viable option for getting into BKK. Thai Railways has a station at Don Meuang which I suppose might be an option for getting to Hua Lamphong or one of the other BKK stations, but I'm not aware of any station at Suvarabhumi, nor that lines run anywhere near Pattaya.

I can be reasonably confident of getting from Swampy to Pattaya hotel in 90 minutes using Mr T and thats 1000 baht plus tip if I have a hundred. I get in at roughly the same time as the OP and this gives me a great night in Pattaya. There is time to get SSS and into town, have a drink or two and sort a girl out.

Airport train - to Pattaya? :clueless Airport Rail Link is viable option for getting into BKK. Thai Railways has a station at Don Meuang which I suppose might be an option for getting to Hua Lamphong or one of the other BKK stations, but I'm not aware of any station at Suvarabhumi, nor that lines run anywhere near Pattaya.

Well there is most certainly a train-line that runs near Pattaya......although you would have to define 'near' as on the other side of Sukhumvit. Not very many trains either.

There is a railway station at Suvarabhumi - go down to the basement - takes you into center of BKK in about 20 mins and there is a railway station in Pattaya - in fact several stations. The line runs parallel to Suhkumvit (on the east side about 100 metres over). But getting from the airport to Pattaya by train is out of the question- especially at night

You can take a taxi to Ekamai BTS and then take one of the Pattaya express buses from there. They run to 11 p.m. for 124 Baht.

The 389 site, which seems to be Bell says the last airport to Pattaya bus, to North Pattaya is at 10 p.m. Fast arrival and customs might work.

But for a taxi plus bus plus the more expensive Bagkook rooms it seems to be a lot of work and maybe more cost than door to door with Mr. T.

Edited by Grandpollo
  • 2 weeks later...

Check out the airport 389 bus. Says the last bus leaves at 10 pm. 2 hour trip to north Pattaya. 134 baht. Later, SB

That is absolutely correct. From arrivals at Floor 2 go down to Floor 1 and buy your ticket to Pattaya for THB 134 next to Gate 8. The bus is a very comfortable ride and is better than going by taxi. The bus from the airport will only stop at Pattaya Nua, Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Tai on Sukhumvit Road before proceeding to the terminal next to the Threppasit/Thrappaya terminal, right in the front of Jomtien View Talay 1A.

If you know your way around a bit, it is easy to get a baht bus to your hotel from Nua, Klang or Pattaya Tai or the terminal.

This question has been beaten to death now, but I will be happy to update.

Get a taxi if you want to spend an extra 1000 THB.

The answer you need is here:

http://www.airportpa...2012/index.html

Fare 134THB per person Ticket desk - same as Bell bus at Suvarnabhumi

This travels down the motorway and off at Regents school to the 'old' exit onto Sukhumvit in Pattaya, then drops at Nua , Klang, Tai on Sukhumvit Then top of Thepprasit and their office at the supermarket car park opposite Pan pan restaurant

I often use it to get into BKK for the day (coupled with the skytrain link I can get there n back without touching on any BKK traffic ;)) But dont make the mistake I see many making...debussing on the Sukhumvit drops festooned with luggage and then wondering where the taxis are ;)

Edited by Regyai
But dont make the mistake I see many making...debussing on the Sukhumvit drops festooned with luggage and then wondering where the taxis are ;)

Very good advice.

Stay on till the end of the ride and then jump on a Baht Bus from Jomtien.

But dont make the mistake I see many making...debussing on the Sukhumvit drops festooned with luggage and then wondering where the taxis are ;)

There are usually baht buses at the Nakhonchai Air bus terminal slightly South of the Klang junction, but they will cost you about 200 baht... and may be subject to bus arrivals at that terminal. Nevertheless easier than trying to get a suitcase onto a Jomtiem baht bus full of Russians. If you a re travelling light and staying central there is no problem finding a motorcycle taxi, they hang around at Nerm Plab Wan and the bus station. Edited by jacko

There are usually baht buses at the Nakhonchai Air bus terminal slightly South of the Klang junction, but they will cost you about 200 baht... and may be subject to bus arrivals at that terminal. Nevertheless easier than trying to get a suitcase onto a Jomtiem baht bus full of Russians. If you a re travelling light and staying central there is no problem finding a motorcycle taxi, they hang around at Nerm Plab Wan and the bus station.

It's easier to get off in Jomtien and private hire a Baht Bus imho.

I've also got a Motocy from the Bus Station on Suk/Klang. Doing a balancing act with a huge suitcase across Suk to get to Klang is a hair raising experience to say the least.

I mention this due to the last time when I got off at Tai (to grab a white Song Taew up Sukhumvit) a couple of wide eyed newbies with the huge roller cases asked if Id like to share a Taxi into Soi Yamoto - they being under the misguided impression that a taxi meter would be along presently to be flagged down.

I tried to explain that the nearest blue Song Taews where on Tai itself and meant an enthusiastic up n over on the walkway, anyhoo I was saved further involvment by the arrival of a white one and left them conducting some kind of three ringed circus with the motocy guys

Obviously these buses are searchable on the net and travel advise sites...but a little knowledge as they say....

It's easier to get off in Jomtien and private hire a Baht Bus imho.

I've also got a Motocy from the Bus Station on Suk/Klang. Doing a balancing act with a huge suitcase across Suk to get to Klang is a hair raising experience to say the least.

I didn't realise there were private hire baht buses hanging around there.

Just offering an alternative for rush-hour......and those nearer to Klang.

Edited by jacko