Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I want to buy a condo in the VT 2 A

Higher than 7 floor, 41 sqm, ( big space for the kitchen... nice kitchen furniture is a must ) farang name.... max 1.500.000 baht depending from the furniture and the condition of the condo.....

OK, I know many will flame me .... but always someone want to sell it quickly... and I'm waiting for their replies... ( not the loser developer's comments sitting in their investments with no chances to sell it and try to talk up the prices )

I have the cash... and I pay immediately following the transfer.. no bullshits, just the cash...

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Higher than 7 floor, 41 sqm, ( big space for the kitchen... nice kitchen furniture is a must ) farang name.... max 1.500.000 baht depending from the furniture and the condition of the condo.....

OK, I know many will flame me .... but always someone want to sell it quickly... and I'm waiting for their replies... ( not the loser developer's comments sitting in their investments with no chances to sell it and try to talk up the prices )

Gabor, you are still in Patts? will be there next Saturday, maybe will have a cruise again...will let you know...

Gabor, you are still in Patts? will be there next Saturday, maybe will have a cruise again...will let you know...

yes i am... our last cruise was a great experience... it was great to meet you and your georgian ( not state, but country ) guys...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have the cash... and I pay immediately following the transfer.. no bullshits, just the cash...

Gabor,

I thought you already owned a condo....

Gabor,

I thought you already owned a condo....

Yeah.... and i may want to change, I may want just an other one or I may to look for somebody else.... No matter... the matter is, I pay cash if and when I see the right condo...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1.5 million........... is that waiting for the wonder :bhappy (could not resist) good luck, there will be someone on their ass for sure

I hope :lsmile I have the cash and waiting for the good deal....( wonder ) :thumbup i'm not in the hurry... I can wait...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The meaning of "farang (I suppose "foreign") name" in a real estate listing?

There is a 49% limit of condo units in a building that can be in a foreigner's name. If that quota is filled then the only way in is to buy a unit already in a falang's name.

In the case of real estate ownership, the differentiation is between Thai national and non-Thai national. Farang has nothing to do with it, only Thai citizenship.

• Upvote 1

There is a 49% limit of condo units in a building that can be in a foreigner's name. If that quota is filled then the only way in is to buy a unit already in a falang's name.

Regarding this 49% non-Thai ownership limit of condo units:

Tourist areas, such as Pattaya, tend to over-build condos in boom years. Plus, the condos tend to be relatively expensive for Thais - especially considering that most view "home" as whatever small town they're originally from (Isn't everyone really like that?)

So what happens when the 49% ownership limit is hit, just who are the Thais who can afford the remaining 51%, especially on a high-end condo, such as North Shore?

Is it true that Thais can buy units for far lower than foreigners for just this reason? If so, you could easily see how foreigners could circumvent the rule.

Regarding this 49% non-Thai ownership limit of condo units:

Tourist areas, such as Pattaya, tend to over-build condos in boom years. Plus, the condos tend to be relatively expensive for Thais - especially considering that most view "home" as whatever small town they're originally from (Isn't everyone really like that?)

So what happens when the 49% ownership limit is hit, just who are the Thais who can afford the remaining 51%, especially on a high-end condo, such as North Shore?

Is it true that Thais can buy units for far lower than foreigners for just this reason? If so, you could easily see how foreigners could circumvent the rule.

They can end up in a Thai company name... owned by whoever owns the company.

They are also seen as an investment for Thais who do have some money, not all are penniless from the village.

They are marketed cheaper than the foreign-owned 49%.

Edited by jacko

They can end up in a Thai company name... owned by whoever owns the company.

They are also seen as an investment for Thais who do have some money, not all are penniless from the village.

They are marketed cheaper than the foreign-owned 49%.

The last line (in bold) is a factor that makes me leery of the Thai property market. The foreign-owned property market strikes me as artificial. Perhaps okay to buy to occupy, but certainly not an investment.

Scenario:

You decide to sell your unit. The only buyers interested are Thai, and they can buy same quality condos at a lower price.

Edited by sabaidii2

The last line (in bold) is a factor that makes me leery of the Thai property market. The foreign-owned property market strikes me as artificial. Perhaps okay to buy to occupy, but certainly not an investment.

Scenario:

You decide to sell your unit. The only buyers interested are Thai, and they can buy same quality condos at a lower price.

The way I look at it is this: I'd only buy a condo that's able to be registered in a foreign name. And I'd know from the beginning that I may never see my money again.

Scenario:

Yes, but why would the only potential buyers be Thai...?

Thailand has created a 2 tier market, for many things from condos to baht buses, and it seems to tick along quite nicely.

The tourists are going to keep coming, in larger numbers likely, and some will be in the market for condos, the Russians are buying, they get 90 days on arrival. The Thai scene is adapting to them, even Sweethearts has a sign in Russian, one day the music inside may be too! Europeans, penniless, bankrupt, begging bowl in hand off to China!

Edited by jacko

There are some ways to use the thai 51% . Most of those condos are bought by companies founded especially for that reason by farangs ( officially still, you may have only 49% in the company too, but the lawyers do it for you ) This system works really good for decades, but officially it's totally illegal.... Until now no one enforced the law, maybe nobody will tomorrow, but it is only the question of a decision... I would never buy anything on company name. ( for the houses available some kind long term rental, but I don't know the details ) However not really two tiered market, farangs also can buy and sell much cheaper the 51% with the company hassle and risking the law enforcement.

However when and if you decide to buy a condo for your tirac ( or for you both for cheap ) you can buy on her name with all the personal risks may arise... I know some farangs did it....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Where are the different View Talay projects located - are there some kind of map they are marked up on or can knowledgeable member draw it - http://maps.google.com/ ?

And BTW if there are more than one eager to sell - At the price/condition mentioned in the OP I would be very interested too :-)

Where are the different View Talay projects located - are there some kind of map they are marked up on or can knowledgeable member draw it - http://maps.google.com/ ?

And BTW if there are more than one eager to sell - At the price/condition mentioned in the OP I would be very interested too :-)

I have great offers for 1.6 - 1.65 Mill....( and dozens for 1.5 mill or less, for the smaller 37-39 sqm condos ) but I'm sticking to my 1.5 Mill.... not the question of life or death, just a " maybe idea "... if happens, it's good, if not I can live without it...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I have great offers for 1.6 - 1.65 Mill....( and dozens for 1.5 mill or less, for the smaller 37-39 sqm condos ) but I'm sticking to my 1.5 Mill.... not the question of life or death, just a " maybe idea "... if happens, it's good, if not I can live without it...

I think you have fallen in love and want to stay with your new lady as husband and wife. Forget about the 51/49 company ownership and buy from a Falang only and buy the condo in your own name only. I would never feel comfortable buying a condo using a company name, no matter what your Thai lawyer will tell you. I bought a condo in the JBC complex seven years ago from a Scot friend and I am still very happy having done so. The trick is to buy a condo within a condo complex in the best area away from a noisy location, like next to an elevator, a noisy street or a low floor. I bought my end unit facing Sukhumvit Road. The mugs buying condos on the other end of the building cop a lot of heat from the afternoon sun and heaps of noise from the new Second Road in Jomtien. Never buy a condo on the top floor as the heat from the sun coming through the roof will make the condo a hot and unpleasant experience. The floor below the top floor is the best option. I used a compass when I looked for a condo seven years ago to work out the sun's position during the year as it changes by a few degrees between high and low season.

The sun only hits my end unit in the morning and disappears well before midday altogether. The owners at the other end of the building cop the hot afternoon sun and sweat like pigs. Being a previous owner of condos in Jomtien you already know all of this, but I thought I mention it so other potential buyers will be aware of what to look for, if they think of getting their own place. By the way, there are lots of new condominiums getting built along the new road in Jomtien within your price range. Go and have a look. Just because you owned condos in View Talay 2 before, does not mean it is the best option. Your place is right next to the bus stop to the airport and has a good European style Mini mart, with the best fresh bread in Pattaya early in the morning. I often drive there to buy some.

Another good thing about buying a condo on a high floor is that you won't have any problems with mosquitoes in condos higher than floor 9. Living on floor 14 I was able to remove all the mosquito screens, which made the place even cooler. I never use air conditioning. The two ceiling fans in my 45 sqm place are all we need.

• Upvote 3

Another good thing about buying a condo on a high floor is that you won't have any problems with mosquitoes in condos higher than floor 9. Living on floor 14 I was able to remove all the mosquito screens, which made the place even cooler. I never use air conditioning. The two ceiling fans in my 45 sqm place are all we need.

I know the mosquitoes cannot go beyond a certain height - but how do you know it is floor 9 ?

I know the mosquitoes cannot go beyond a certain height - but how do you know it is floor 9 ?

More interestingly, how do the mosquitoes know?
  • Upvote 1

and are European-Australian mosquitoes actually able to travel one floor higher becuase the 9th floor is actially ten stories high

and are European-Australian mosquitoes actually able to travel one floor higher becuase the 9th floor is actially ten stories high

If they follow one into the elevator on the ground (1st floor in USA) level, do they die as the elevator passes this magical ninth floor..... if so what kills them, the lower pressure or their brain explodes trying to grasp the concept of 2 digit numbering.....
  • Upvote 4

Having lived in the Northern Territory for most of my life, I know a fair bit about mosquitoes and the diseases they can spread. To you I recommend tropical strength RID repellent made in Australia, as you live in a shed down the track a fair distance from Pattaya. I can let you have some of my supply of repellent, as it is no longer needed on my high floor A bar of soap to wash out your mouth would not be a bad idea as well. :hijack

As far as the floor nine discussion goes, well, I could have worded that a bit better. Maybe I should have said mosquitoes can be a problem on the lower floors and are not much of an issue on a higher floor. I used to rent on floor nine and got bitten a few times. The people on the lower floors said it was a lot worse down there. Anyway, mosquitoes are not a great deal in Pattaya, unless there is a lot of water lying around after heavy rain in low lying areas with poor drainage.There is a swamp and a small lake behind the JBC condominium complex with its 5 buildings and its 3600 condo owners and the mosquitoes can be an irritation at times. it is nothing compared to Darwin, where I come from, where one has to stay indoors often after sunset during the wet season. Crocodiles, sharks and snakes are only the cause of very few mishaps. It is mosquitoes and the box jellyfish, which are responsible for unaware people getting sick or injured, if they go fishing or swimming the ocean during the wet season.

It is amazing how many new condominium buildings are getting built along the new Second road in Jomtien and all the new bars near the market at the end of Soi 7. I would not be surprised to see you visiting the bars and massage places in Jomtien, when the missus lets you off the leash once in a blue moon, sooner than later, as a lot of the new bars have more to offer, than what remains in Pattaya with the exception of Walking Street, which is mainly a place for tourists these days, if you want to have a good holiday. Reply if you wish, but do not try to become another Joe Kicker. :sosad

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1