Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Confirmed bars closed 8, 9 and 10...

Some may chance it. Best thing go to your local coppers bar he will be open quietly for sure!

Gogos are closing because they need music to operate, and music is prohibited. However, I have heard interpretations of the police letter that are saying you can sell alcohol, but not have music or festive lighting, meaning beer bars would be able to open. Strictly hearsay at this point.

I'm still waiting for a definitive message from the police.

Gogos are closing because they need music to operate, and music is prohibited. However, I have heard interpretations of the police letter that are saying you can sell alcohol, but not have music or festive lighting, meaning beer bars would be able to open. Strictly hearsay at this point.

I'm still waiting for a definitive message from the police.

is the shut down a voluntary thing?read on some Gov site they was requesting entertainment places close for 8-9-10 for her funeral.

regards

grayray

not Gov site, Nation on 6 april 2012 will not let me copy /paste here

Edited by grayray44

is the shut down a voluntary thing?read on some Gov site they was requesting entertainment places close for 8-9-10 for her funeral.

regards

grayray

not Gov site, Nation on 6 april 2012 will not let me copy /paste here

As far as i know, it's sort of voluntary, because there is no law that requires bars close for this reason.

Still, few want to incur the ire of the powers that be.

I've never heard of one of those, what does it look like??

Got one tonight. It looks like a Thai guy drinking in the bar for free.

• Upvote 2

The DJ on Pattaya 105fm just said there was no alcohol to be bought today.Can someone let me know this isnt true before i get ready to go out tonight.Dont want to come all the way into town for nothing.

Thanks

The DJ on Pattaya 105fm just said there was no alcohol to be bought today.Can someone let me know this isnt true before i get ready to go out tonight.Dont want to come all the way into town for nothing.

Thanks

Bought a bottle of Samsong @ 7/11 2 hours ago.

All bars, gogos and discos were closed last night here in Patong Beach, Phuket, because of the Chakri-day.

Supposed to be open tonight, although the beerbars along Soi Bangla that usually are open even in the daytime were still closed at 14:00 when I walked by today!?

Hope bars are opened tonight because it's my last night in Patong and Thailand for a week, flying to Penang and Malaysia tomorrow to make a visa-shopping- escape the songkran-trip!

Bars are closed again tomorrow 8 April for the Princess Funeral, not sure for how many days?

Phuket Bike Week has been moved to 20 - 22 April, usually it takes place just a few days before Songkran.

Plahgat

As of right now, Walking Street is open and business is brisk.

Most gogos will be closing for the 8th and 9th, but intend to open on the 10th.

The current plan is for FLB and many other bars to be open all three days.

i spoke with multiple beer bar operators walking street last eve all said NO ALCOHOL for 3 days though some stated will sell alcohol from midnight on second day

adding your vodka ifrom a water bottle sounds good if your desperate for a shot in your orange juice

So, how did it go, places open or shut? Were bars allowed to operate as usual?

Just back from Walking Street where 90% of the beer bars were open and openly selling alcohol. No lights, no music, it was a bit eerie. Simon was open as were all the beer bars from there to Soi Diamond. I didn't go any further north, but I assume the same held for New Simon and Siren complex.

No gogos were open. Two, Superbaby and Supergirl, opened for a while, but the police shut them down before 1am.

Ibar was open at 10pm, but they were shut down quite early. Marine 1 was apparently open...escalators were running and I saw people going in,

Candy Shop was closed.

Teazers and FLB were both open.

Tomorrow night, I expect the same, and on the 10th, it appears things will be back to normal.

Tomorrow night, I expect the same, and on the 10th, it appears things will be back to normal.

Not to be pedantic but you did post on the 9th.... 10th (Tuesday) things are going to be normal?
Not to be pedantic but you did post on the 9th.... 10th (Tuesday) things are going to be normal?

That's pretty pedantic.