Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Opening party on 18th September

Rumours abound that there are karaoke joints/pubs devoted mostly to Thais. There may be BMs who would be interested in experiencing this rather different approach to the P4P scene, but are - like myself previously - wary of going in as a farang for fear of being unwanted.

My mia runs just such a place called Bauw Issaan ("handsome Issaan men") in the Rompho bar complex opposite Soi 5 (2nd Road end) in Jomtien. She has 17 all-male staff, all of whom are really excellent singers and are there to part wealthy or sponsored Thai ladies/BGs from their hard-earned cash by chatting them up, getting boy-drinks, barfines etc. Farang are most welcome too, especially if they can sing, and more and more are bringing their barfines/girlfriends because they know the girls love it as a taste of home. There are always plenty of BGs/FLs as well, and they are as usual on the hunt for farang if any are there.

Thais love having fun, and the atmosphere is very friendly - not a hint of 'us and them', they're a good bunch of lads who basically want what we want, but get paid for it.

The pub has recently doubled in size and is celebrating a grand opening combined with my mia's birthday party on 18th September - all are welcome who would like a taste of food, drink and Thai sanuk. Around 9 pm til very late would be a good time, the pub is 3/4 of the way up the complex on the right-hand line of shops, to the right of the bars, when coming from 2nd Road Jomtien.

• Upvote 2

I can't make the opening night, Bushcraft, but wouldn't mind joining you there for a couple of beers in December when i come back out. :chogdee

KM

No, I just fund the place, it's Fah's venture.

Have I done something wrong in posting this in this category?

You've done nothing wrong, but as a backer of a business (silent or active), there is a group that lets people know you're not just a customer.

It's there partly to keep less scrupulous people from praising some venue as a customer when, in fact, they have some stake in the place.

It also confers God-like status on you!

The night didn't end quite there……but this story does.

So you got bar-fined then!

• Upvote 1

So you got bar-fined then!

555…..

I have two stories along those lines from years back……..But modesty forbids. ……..And in the end I just felt so used.

Edited by atlas2

Atlas, good write up and appreciated. I would appreciate a run down of what the cost was. The only time I went to Thai karaoke I ended up with a bottle and beside the expense it was drank mainly by others. This is no complaint, just the fact that I didnt really understand the system. Can you buy a single drink? Do you have to buy a bottle and any other info.

Alas, my missus and I were planning on going, but by the time we got thru with an earlier engagement, it was close on 3am, and I was leery (and weary) about trekking down to Rhompo at that hour...

I hope you had a good time, Bushcraft, and best of luck on the new venture.

We'll have to have an after-shock party sometime to make up for it.

Very good write-up Atlas, it was indeed a pleasure to meet up again and chat/marvel about the Thai scene. There were 2-3 farang with BGs or unaccompanied before you arrived, and Hammer dropped in for a couple as well, but I had hoped that more BMs would be there so that I had somebody to talk to in this very Thai environment. Nonetheless, it was a fun evening for all, and there was some delectable (though for me off-limits) Thai womanhood on show, getting steadily more pissed and fruity.

For info: beers are 100 Baht, quite ok to order them one by one as in any bar. Most Thais order a bottle of scotch or Sangsom for around 800 Baht, with free mixers. This is shared around the table until empty, and another is ordered. The tips and drinks really flowed for the staff singers, they were well happy. Fah also hired a very well-known singing duo (one with the long legs, gorgeous), who really got the place going with their well-rehearsed songs and stage banter. Great time, we'll do it again!

Very good write-up Atlas, it was indeed a pleasure to meet up again and chat/marvel about the Thai scene. There were 2-3 farang with BGs or unaccompanied before you arrived, and Hammer dropped in for a couple as well, but I had hoped that more BMs would be there so that I had somebody to talk to in this very Thai environment. Nonetheless, it was a fun evening for all, and there was some delectable (though for me off-limits) Thai womanhood on show, getting steadily more pissed and fruity.

For info: beers are 100 Baht, quite ok to order them one by one as in any bar. Most Thais order a bottle of scotch or Sangsom for around 800 Baht, with free mixers. This is shared around the table until empty, and another is ordered. The tips and drinks really flowed for the staff singers, they were well happy. Fah also hired a very well-known singing duo (one with the long legs, gorgeous), who really got the place going with their well-rehearsed songs and stage banter. Great time, we'll do it again!

Thanks for the info. The prices are very reasonable. I look forward to coming there one night and making everyone happy by NOT singing.

Great thread Ron and good luck with this venture. I unfortunately missed this thread on the 18th (probably still recovering from the darkside adventure of the day before) or I would have dropped by for a brew not a song ( I usually get paid not to sing).