Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Thank you. She is starting to get quite busy now, and customers are booking sometimes 2 or three months ahead.

The website is indeed the best way to book, it feeds directly into her email, but also spells out exactly all the information she needs for an airport pick up.

We spent some time last week shooting some new pictures for he website, which hopefully will go up soon. She chose the location, and had most shots she wanted clearly prepared in her head.

NamTaxi0915-6389-2.jpg

NamTaxi0915-6412-2.jpg

NamTaxi0915-6464.jpg

NamTaxi0915-6521.jpg

She spent quite some time these past few months refining her booking system, learning from previous experiences to try and get it as efficient as possible.

Her airport trips all are asked for a flight number, so she can check on early or late arrival of flights, and see if the arrival time the customer gives is in line with what the airline says.

The request email with the data gets transferred to her Google calendar, so all the info is in one place, including phone numbers and Line IDs, to allow her to contact a customer when he's still in Customs. verify he's on the way in case of delays.
All far bookings ahead are asked to confirm a few days before the flight, to make sure it is going ahead.
Sometimes customers supply incorrect information, but she checks the lot at time of booking.
If you say you arrive on Tuesday October 7, she'll tell you that day is a Wednesday, please give me the right info.
If you give a Flight number that relates to the first leg of your flight, but not to the one you transfer to in Dubai, she'll query you. Etc.
No shows are bad for customer relations, a customer whose taxi doesn't turn up won't be a repeat customer.
Same way, A cabby who turns up to find no customer, is 800 baht or more out of pocket, a big sum for her.

OK, give her a go, and let us know here what you think of her service. No, she is not as cheap as MrT, but most users will find the extra is worth it.

Edited by ikkrang
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This new BM is someone who deliberately joined this forum with the sole purpose of slagging off.   I have read the entire correspondence between this poster and Nam.   The real story is quite diff

There is no way I would consider that dishonest - You asked for a booking for 3 people and Nam responded with a quote for a SUV at 1800 obviously because she considered an SUV would be preferable for

Based on what I had read here, I booked Nam to bring me to Pattaya from Swampy earlier today.   Booking via email was very efficient.   Nam was waiting at the appointed place for me, and had no

Posted Images

She does about 90% of all trips, she has since about three months ago a back up driver she uses when she is booked already.

Her name is Ann, driving a Toyota Camry, and, although I haven't been driven by her, I met her and she seems to be quiet a pleasant woman. Nam has driven with her and says she is a careful driver. So far, all customer feedback has been positive, most customers who have been driven by her so far happy to use Ann again.

But Nam will usually check with customers if they are happy with another driver, except in case of emergency, when she herself is running overtime, and has no other option but to use another driver.
Nam's in charge of the operation, and any further bookings after having been picked up by Ann, still go through Nam via her website.

The way things have been growing, she may need more assistance at some stage, at there is a possibility that she may get assistance from her older sister in the near future.

Her I know well, almost as cute as Nam ( Some may argue and say she is actually cuter then Nam, but I don't want to get into that debate, I value my health and safety) and speaks good English, having resided in Europe for a couple of years. But that's still in the pipeline at present. "Older" is of course relative, two years older, just turned 30....

There is no doubt that for her business there are efficiencies to be made by using more then one driver, but the problem is maintaining quality. Nam is adamant that her bottom line is safety and reliability, and when she starts employing other drivers, monitoring quality will be a challenge.
For us the icing on the cake is of course also charm, it is more fun to be driven by an entertaining pleasant young woman then by a morose or grumpy bloke on speed.

Time will tell, this is still a young business, and feedback is always welcome.

Edited by ikkrang
  • Upvote 2

Thanks, lkkrang, I am so glad the business is doing well - a friend used her service and thanked me for putting him onto her; he enjoyed the trip between Pattaya and Swampy for the first time ever.

• Upvote 1

I think positive attitude is a two way street, a process that can reinforce itself. Much of the feedback I get here and more so on other boards as well as direct email to her, says her customers love her, for her attitude, her sense of fun, and her genuineness.

She feels she doesn't have to hustle, so she can simply be herself.

By two way street , I mean, she enjoys meeting people who are simply nice to her, not to try to seduce her, but just nice to another person.

Last night, a message to me ""I love my customers, almost every single one. Most of them are such lovely people"

Now that, coming from someone who was heard saying over a year ago "I hate all men, I don't care if I ever see any man again in my life" , to me, sounds like a succesfull happy woman on a roll...

Keep it up, guys, we're moving in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I used her services on the 26th of last month and used the date 25th by mistake in the booking form online. Fortunately I had sent her an email as well with the correct date. She responded promptly to the booking as it seemed to her to be a last minute booking and was about to rush out for the airport when she got the conflicting email from me. To her credit she was very prompt in sorting out my mistake.

Now, on the day itself there was no fast track line at the immigration and with their usual efficiency and smiling personae,it took us a very quick two hours to get out of the airport with Ms Nam waiting patiently. She even didn't go for her bathroom break until we had spotted and met her.

The car is good and very clean. She offered us some water which we declined respectfully in favour of some vodka that we were carrying already. To our shame however we did not offer her any vodka in return. She had some really shitty music music in the car which seemed to be composed of these new fangled American girls whose throats always seemed to be filled up with phlegm. Unable to take it any more I hooked up my phone to the stereo and introduced her to some Led Zeppelin and Abba. The rest of the ride was uneventful and musically satisfying.

Upon arrival we were sent off with warm hugs which lasted much less than desired.

For the return journey I wished to partake of her services again but we were to be picked up early at four in the morning and she was already booked for ten in the morning so she declined but upon request made arrangements with Ann to pick us up. Ann turned up on time and that journey too was uneventful because I was passed out in the back. Ann did not give me a hug. I don't think she is into hugging that much. I can't say which one is cuter because I didn't see Ann all that clearly.

All in all a very satisfactory experience.

• Upvote 4

I booked her a while ago for Nov and confirmed last week, again prompt replies from Nam. The fact I know she has a good command of the English helps. I'll definitely include her in my tr when I write it.

• Upvote 1

She offered us some water which we declined respectfully in favour of some vodka that we were carrying already. To our shame however we did not offer her any vodka in return. She had some really shitty music music in the car which seemed to be composed of these new fangled American girls whose throats always seemed to be filled up with phlegm. Unable to take it any more I hooked up my phone to the stereo and introduced her to some Led Zeppelin and Abba. The rest of the ride was uneventful and musically satisfying.

Upon arrival we were sent off with warm hugs which lasted much less than desired.

Thank you for that lovely detailed account.

Re the Vodka. Just as well you didn't, she's a teetotaller, wouldn't have touched it. No booze, no smoke, no coffee.

About the music, you did the right thing, she is totally open to adjust the music to your taste, her mission is to make the customers journey as pleasant for him as she can, within the limits of the restricted services she offers :-)

Well, the right thing, not sure, I love Led Zeppelin, not sure if she does, Abba would make me chunder, but she probably loved it and maybe sang along with it.

The hug at the end means you passed the test, she only hugs customers thst give her a good vibe!

She didn't hug me..............!!!

But that's because I wouldn't let her.

I'd taken my strict instructions not to flirt with her in anyway to heart.

I think I relented at her insistence but it was more of a hips out mutual pat on the shoulders.

I'm sorry mate, I may have suggested flirting might nit be appreciated, but, when the time comes to take leave, SHE will decide if you're worthy of a hug, and if you are, it is intended for mutual benefit.

She contends if a person is someone she feels good about, she gets as much be efit from a hug as she gives.

I supose you'll just have to try again next time...

I recenlty had the pleasure of using Nam`s Taxi service & found her to be a charming young lady. The conversation flowed between us like old friends. Her sister Ning came for the ride along on the trip back to the airport, also very pleasant and soon to be up and running in a taxi of her own. My journey concluded with hugs from both ladies and a kiss from Nam ! I have booked her for my next trip in March. Definitley recommend her safe, pleasant and professional service.

• Upvote 1

Just placed a request for November ,

a very fast reply with a very well detail email asking all relevant questions

giving details of cost and meeting information , reassuring

Not the normal see you airport then ,

Joe

• Upvote 1

She has learnt that the key to effective and efficient service is to get al the information needed, and use it well, store it and act on it .

Basically, wrong or incomplete info can lead to missed engagements, a nuisance to the customer, and cost to the provider.

So, she will aSk you when you enquire, or order a cab, for info on

What day

What time, arrival,of plane, or pick up from hotel

What place

How many passengers, mobile phine ir Line ID,

Flight number

What destination, e.g. What hitel where...

If you give all thst in your first email, you get procesed faster...

• 3 weeks later...

Nam has given in to the inevitable, and decided to start using alternative drivers, to cope with the rise in demand for services.

I joked a few months ago that I'd wish she could clone hereself, but she found second bedt solution to cloning, she now has her sister also driving, as well as Ann, and is tentatively testing other women drivers, to see whether they meet her strict quality stAndards, mainly to do with safety, punctuality, cleanliness, and personality.

Some have been turned down after a test drive ("that woman drives like a man, 140 kph, and overtaking all the time, not safe"), some because they tried to steal her customers for private jobs, by handing out their private phone numbers.

Nam insists all bookings go via her, preferably by email, since that makes it easier to streamline timetables via Google Mail.

A weak point that may not always meet the requirement is the varying levels of English. Not all those women thst are safe drivers also are fluent in English. But if there is any misunderstanding, just phone Nam, she will usually include her phone number in all booking confirmations.

A concern was raised elsewhere, whether the delegation of some jobs to other drivers would lead to an erosion of quality if service.

To try and monitor that, a friend of ours has designed a customer survey, which you can contribute to if you want to.

Customer feedback is seen as essential to keep up the quality, so please feel free to add your experiences

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HD98PHC

Just click on the link above and add your feedback

Thank you

I used Nam's taxi Friday. Night from swampy to Pattaya, and it wasn't just a pleasant drive.

BUT not once did she use a mobile phone during the journey. Some discreet use in a taxi is understandable for the business ,however I've had previous drivers not only talking the whole journey but search and scanning for data as they fly along at 120 kph.

So yes I will use Nam again

Papadoc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I was at home I was in a better place.

Alas, we travellers must be content.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up on time even after I'd given her the wrong flight number ,

she was relaxed enough to tell me off with smile ,

A bit like the way a daughter would

A very pleasant trip to Pattaya , found my place which is not on a main run ,

Hope she dos well ,

would and will use the service again ,

Joe

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

High season has arrived, so a quick update.

Nam and her now four other drivers are pretty busy. She has for the time being suspended any daytime sightseeing trips, there is more work then they can cope with, and the day trips tie up a car and driver for too long without maximizing the capital investment.

Of course, when it is this busy, she cannot always be your driver. But she will find you a safe female driver. She has vetted and driven with all of them.

At the same time, quality control can fail.

If you have had a ride that you were unhappy with in any way, please let us know. You can email her directly, or you can PM me and I'll pass on the feedback. She relies partly on this feedback to keep her standards up. You can help her make a difference.

To make sure she or one of here drivers will be available, best book as far ahead as you can.

And have a great holidays here!

• Upvote 1

Hello I just posted a comment about Nam's Taxi service somewhere else on this forum. I got there because of a link. I made the post there. After reading posting there I read some of the posts. Not sure if I really should have posted there or here. I think here is better.Simply said I was happy with Nam's taxi service. It cost me 1200 baht from the airport to Pataya no extras. Communication was good. Driving was good. My drivers name was Bee and she had a nice Toyota Suv. I will use her service again. Patfan

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your feedback, Patfan and others before you. It is important for Nam's Taxi to know, even if feedback would be not perfect, because that would allow for fine tuning of the service.

So please keep it coming.....

• 1 month later...

Hello again, I used Nam's Taxi several more times. On my second trip back to Pattaya I was met by a young pretty lady. I was a bit surprised because I had thought that I was going to be picked up by Bee again. Bee was sick and could not pick me up. I thought that the young lady might be a college student. Her English was pretty good. We chatted a little on the way to Pattaya. I wasn't sure if she had mentioned her name at the airport when she had first picked me up. Boy was I surprise when I found her name was Nam. She is much prettier in person. We talked a bit her business. Sound like she is really trying to do a good job. I wish her luck and would not hesitate to use her taxi service on my next trip to Pattaya. Patfan

Edited by PATFAN
  • Upvote 1

Used her company 3 times recently. I had her sisters and booked for a friend who actuall got Nam herself.....

All gave a top class service.

It's nice when you can safely endorse or recommend someone.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Booked Nams Taxis yesterday, on behalf of a friend for a pickup Areca Lodge to Swampy. No show! Will not give a contact number in case of this eventuality and doesn't reply to her emails promptly.

A no show is the cardinal sin for a taxi company and being unable to contact the company compounds the problem.

Would not recommend this company.

QuoteMultiQuoteEdit

Sorry to hear that, but I'm not sure that you did indeed get confirmation of the booking. Her website makes the statement: "Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email from me confirming the booking and my phone number and Line ID. For airport bookings I will also need your Flight number, arrival time, date."

Did that happen? If so, didn't you get her phone number in that confirmation email?