Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

9 hours ago, Olded said:

IMO I would not book with Nam's taxi, I think they a NOT honest anymore. I booked a pick up for 3 people and a car would be fine for 1600 baht (I did not say car but if I wanted a SUV I would of told them) but they said that the pick up would be in a SUV and cost 1800, I said NO NO forget it I just booked with PT for the same pick up for 1400 baht and tolls free. I think Nam's taxi is way over priced.

There is no way I would consider that dishonest - You asked for a booking for 3 people and Nam responded with a quote for a SUV at 1800 obviously because she considered an SUV would be preferable for 3 people.  You also stated you did not specify a car or an SUV so how the hell do you work out she is dishonest !  She gave you a quote and YOU rejected it so why bag her ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This new BM is someone who deliberately joined this forum with the sole purpose of slagging off.   I have read the entire correspondence between this poster and Nam.   The real story is quite diff

There is no way I would consider that dishonest - You asked for a booking for 3 people and Nam responded with a quote for a SUV at 1800 obviously because she considered an SUV would be preferable for

Based on what I had read here, I booked Nam to bring me to Pattaya from Swampy earlier today.   Booking via email was very efficient.   Nam was waiting at the appointed place for me, and had no

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Olded said:

IMO I would not book with Nam's taxi, I think they a NOT honest anymore. I booked a pick up for 3 people and a car would be fine for 1600 baht (I did not say car but if I wanted a SUV I would of told them) but they said that the pick up would be in a SUV and cost 1800, I said NO NO forget it I just booked with PT for the same pick up for 1400 baht and tolls free. I think Nam's taxi is way over priced.

Your post would be a fair post if you had started it with what you wrote as your last sentence. As others have pointed out, Nam quoting a price that you don't want to pay doesn't make her dishonest. In fact she was doing you a favor by recommending an SUV for your group of three as that is what most people would choose if they're traveling with luggage.

• Like 1

Next year will be my fourth year using Nam's taxi.  Always safe, always reliable, waiting for me on arrival and early at the departure point, always.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, jacko said:

That isn't so bad and I would not call it dishonest. At least the price was told to you beforehand. Three people would not be comfortable in the back of a car and often boot space is limited (by a ruddy great gas tank). 

Yes but don't a car have a front seat and small luggage on a 3 day trip. Why didn't they ask if I wanted a car or suv no they sent a  e mail that said a suv will pick you up 1800 bath  if you accept let me know. I think that is dishonest (IMO) when a car is cheaper and all I needed.

Edited by Olded
  • Downvote 1
2 hours ago, Olded said:

Yes but don't a car have a front seat and small luggage on a 3 day trip. Why didn't they ask if I wanted a car or suv no they sent a  e mail that said a suv will pick you up 1800 bath  if you accept let me know. I think that is dishonest (IMO) when a car is cheaper and all I needed.

I think your opinion of "dishonest" is not the same as the definition of that word. 

• Upvote 1
On 8/29/2019 at 3:38 PM, Olded said:

3 hours ago, Olded said:

Ok, let's get this straight. You wanted a car, not an SUV, but didn't tell them this. You then accuse them of being dishonest because they offered you the sensible choice for 3 passengers with luggage and not what you hadn't told them you wanted - is that about right?

The only thing you can accuse them of is not being psychic to what you really wanted as you never told them and they (stupidly, I guess - not!) made a judgement call as to what you wanted. You then get arsy about it, accusing them of being dishonest. Why didn't you just reply and say "I prefer a car, not an SUV and the passengers are happy to cosy up for the ride, with little luggage?"

Or was it just easier to have a rant and then realise the problem appears to be you and not Nams Taxis????????

KM

Edited by keyman
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Olded said:

How is it dishonest?

She asked if you accept SUV or not...just reply we only need car not Suv ....she probably would come back with a price for a car. She gave you her recommendation based on years of experience. You not accepting it doesnt make her dishonest.

By the way I have never used nam's.  I use a lady I met on thaifriendly which has worked out fine. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Olded said:

Well usually a crappy seat with no leg space pushed forward, and often a place for the driver to chuck some stuff and, as said, a place for luggage. They are expecting 3 lots of luggage. YOU did not specify a car, but did you tell them 3 people? Did they know it was a short trip? I suppose the SUV could have been all that was available too. If you want a car, specify that.  Just a miscommunication....

Is this her website.

Edited by jacko

Probably have worn this thread but always appreciate reports even if i dont agree.  I use Nams probably more than most board members. If they go south i will be the first to report that. Olded, thanks for the report ,vote with your feet.  Dont use Nam's.  I will continue to use them.

• Like 1

I used Nam's last Sunday morning near 6AM. Nice clean car, safe driver, didn't play with phone just kept her eye on the road. 1200 hundred from Suvarnabhumi to Whisper Hotel. gave her a generous tip because it was the right thing to do for me.

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, accyboy said:

Is she still in business messaged her in line not been rad as yet 2 days ....,

As of 3 weeks ago, she certainly was.

I suggest that you email her.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, accyboy said:

Email sent getting even closer 3 weeks tomorrow wheels up ☺️

Are you saying you haven't had a reply to your email, and your arrival date is getting close?

I know others say she prefers email but I always use line and never have a problem.  Nam had no hesitation in giving me her line and it's especially useful if her driver can't find you at the airport.  I hate using email for anything unless I have to, like sending morse code...

I also would like to comment on Nam's service. We have used her for the last 2 or 3 trips both picking up at the airport and returning to the airport. All the drivers have been good, very prompt,the communication excellent and the price fair. I would certainly recommend her service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1