Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

dudey......

Nam is so efficient........Even adjusting the arrangements I'd made concerning a pick-up of my son at swampy when she knew the flight number. She stated correctly that the flight concerned always arrived 20 to 30 minutes early and we should bring forward the time of collection. I was amazed.

Having said that, mistakes can happen. Just check what Yorta asks of you and get back with the definitive answer to his questions.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This new BM is someone who deliberately joined this forum with the sole purpose of slagging off.   I have read the entire correspondence between this poster and Nam.   The real story is quite diff

There is no way I would consider that dishonest - You asked for a booking for 3 people and Nam responded with a quote for a SUV at 1800 obviously because she considered an SUV would be preferable for

Based on what I had read here, I booked Nam to bring me to Pattaya from Swampy earlier today.   Booking via email was very efficient.   Nam was waiting at the appointed place for me, and had no

Posted Images

Booked Nams Taxis yesterday, on behalf of a friend for a pickup Areca Lodge to Swampy. No show! Will not give a contact number in case of this eventuality and doesn't reply to her emails promptly.

A no show is the cardinal sin for a taxi company and being unable to contact the company compounds the problem.

Would not recommend this company.

QuoteMultiQuoteEdit

Dudey,

Nam has a long time ago given me and a good mate of mine access to her email, in order for us to keep a look on things that may need some assistance.

I saw your request coming in from the website, and saw her reply to you, giving confirming she could help you with your request, giving you a price, and asking you to confirm the booking

"If you accept please let me know."

There is no record of any reply from you or anyone else on this email.

Usually, if no reply arrives, she would chase up the previous email and again asking for confirmation.

She didn't do that this time because in the middle of Songkhran in Pattaya, she was flat out dealing with her bookings.

For being totally sure, I asked my mate who can also read her mail, to go through it and look for your confirmation, but he too was unable to find this.

I suggest you check your mail to see if it was in fact sent.

Without confirmation, no action.

• Upvote 2

I think that's the norm. "If you accept please let me know" I would have taken as an instruction from the company to confirm and I would have wanted confirmation from Nam of receiving my firm confirmation........you have to be 'belt an braces' with stuff like this.

By-the-way.....I'm nothing to do with Nam and not a part of this email sharing and overseeing that Ikkrang has mentioned.

Let us know if what Ikkrang has said is the truth of the matter. Then this can be cleared up.

OK, the person supposed to be picked up claims his email shows as "sent"

I can confirm it wasn't received. My only explanation would be an email glitsch. I have in the past few years replied to a few emails on my personal email, appearing in my Sent box, but later told they were never received.

We thought of this when setting up the original standard reply system.

The first enquiry was being sent an email whic read something like

>yes we can do this trip, our standard fare is xxxx including tollway fees.

If you accept our price, please reply by email and give me the following additional information

Xxxx

Yyyyy

Zzzzz

When we receive your acceptance email, I will confirm you in my diary, and send you my mobile number

If that would have been used, the passenger would have noted absence of her conformation email with phone number and queried it by email.

Instead, this time, in the rush of a hectic Songkrann season, she used an abbreviated version that doesn't contain the double confirmation.

That was an error, and she regrets it and offers her apologies.

It is the first time a confirmation email from a customer has not been received, in well over1000 email bookings

She intends to tighten her reply email to include this double confirmstion text.

The reason we advised her to not put her phone number in her first confirmation email is simly to protect her from stalkers, a possible risk when dealing with such a diverse customer base....

Very rare for an email to get lost.

I have had them sit in my 'Outbox' when using the phone though..... , also I often switch off Wi-Fi/ Network and then the email could be there some time unSent. As to getting lost...going straight into Spam is a possibility.

I have had them sit in my 'Outbox' when using the phone though..... , also I often switch off Wi-Fi/ Network and then the email could be there some time unSent. As to getting lost...going straight into Spam is a possibility.

Or it could have been deleted by the recipient.

I find this entire thing of not giving out a phone number also strange. I would never book a car in Thailand without having a phone number in case something happens.

• Upvote 1

No matter how long, and how many times I've used a car service, I always confirm via email a day or two before the pickup date. Too many ways for the reservation to get lost, missed, forgotten, whatever. Confirmation email serves as a reminder to the car service and provides a bit of peace of mind for myself.

• Upvote 2

Or it could have been deleted by the recipient.

I find this entire thing of not giving out a phone number also strange. I would never book a car in Thailand without having a phone number in case something happens.

Mike, two separate people, myself and a good friend of mine, both, separately combed through her email system, looking at spam, deteted messages, other folders, the lot, but found no trace of the message.

Both of us have known her for several years, and completely trust her integrity. If she makes a mistake, she owns up to it, and apologises. As far as emptying the "deleted" folder in her email, of just one single message, in an effort to cover up a mistake, i find that totally unbelievable.

Your statement about phone number has already been answered by myself as well as Yorta.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Requested a taxi with Nam last night ,

30 min later received a reply giving me price asking for some more details

telling me once I confirm , she would reply giving me her contact info, sent details and got conformation email ,

She did this within 30 min , very impressed ,

Joe

• 1 month later...

Negative Experience with Nam's Taxi.

Hire her at the risk of spoiling your holiday.

These were my experience :

I got a quote from her prior to arriving in Pattaya

She would go on to reneged on our agreement in both the price and the vehicle she was to provide.

1. Hired her for half day tour for a Toyota Fortuner.

On the day of travel, she told me she could only provide a ford focus.

I insisted on a Toyota Fortuner and her reply was that she was sick and won't be coming. She told me to find another driver.

After I told her I decided to accept the Ford Focus , she decided she was well enough to drive me.

She almost jeopardised my travel plans by standing me up and made my group squeeze in a smaller vehicle.

2. Airport transfer to/from U Tapao.

I requested for a Toyota Fortuner at THB 800.

She agreed on email.

On arrival , I paid THB 800 for the airport transfer to hotel on a Fortuner.

Nearer to departure ,she told me it will cost me THB 900 to send me to U Tapao

She completely reneged on the price agreement

3. Poor attitude.

She didnt thank me for

1) paying for her admission tickets to a tourist attraction ; ( she told me she had not been inside and would like to visit )

2) telling her she gave me an excess change of THB 500 and returning her the money

I showed her kindness and she reciprocates with lies.

I hate it when someone copies the exact same post into two different threads. As a person who selects 'View New Content' each time I enter the site, I get to see both of these posts, often not realising they are the one and the same. It's a Bugger!

I have used Nam's taxi service twice but Nam was never the driver, the first time was a day tour in Pattaya and the family had a great time the driver was Pom Pom, the second time was not so good. I had a pick up at the airport to Pattaya and the plane was on time, when we landed I turned my phone on and it rang where you at, I just landed still on the plane, walking to the baggage claim the phone rang again where you at and then when I got to baggage claim BEFORE the baggage started to come it rang again where you at. Got into the Taxi on our way to Pattaya I asked the driver a question asked it twice and no answer so I tapped her on the shoulder and she took her ear plugs out then I got a answer, good service No, friendly service No, but like I said Nam was not the driver.

Edited by Olded

I have used Nam's taxi service twice but Nam was never the driver, the first time was a day tour in Pattaya and the family had a great time the driver was Pom Pom, the second time was not so good. I had a pick up at the airport to Pattaya and the plane was on time, when we landed I turned my phone on and it rang where you at, I just landed still on the plane, walking to the baggage claim the phone rang again where you at and then when I got to baggage claim BEFORE the baggage started to come it rang again where you at. Got into the Taxi on our way to Pattaya I asked the driver a question asked it twice and no answer so I tapped her on the shoulder and she took her ear plugs out then I got a answer, good service No, friendly service No, but like I said Nam was not the driver.

Thanks for that feedback. She can only improve her service if people that had a bad experience tell us about it.

PM sent

Negative Experience with Nam's Taxi.

Hire her at the risk of spoiling your holiday.

These were my experience :

I got a quote from her prior to arriving in Pattaya

She would go on to reneged on our agreement in both the price and the vehicle she was to provide.

1. Hired her for half day tour for a Toyota Fortuner.

On the day of travel, she told me she could only provide a ford focus.

I insisted on a Toyota Fortuner and her reply was that she was sick and won't be coming. She told me to find another driver.

After I told her I decided to accept the Ford Focus , she decided she was well enough to drive me.

She almost jeopardised my travel plans by standing me up and made my group squeeze in a smaller vehicle.

2. Airport transfer to/from U Tapao.

I requested for a Toyota Fortuner at THB 800.

She agreed on email.

On arrival , I paid THB 800 for the airport transfer to hotel on a Fortuner.

Nearer to departure ,she told me it will cost me THB 900 to send me to U Tapao

She completely reneged on the price agreement

3. Poor attitude.

She didnt thank me for

1) paying for her admission tickets to a tourist attraction ; ( she told me she had not been inside and would like to visit )

2) telling her she gave me an excess change of THB 500 and returning her the money

I showed her kindness and she reciprocates with lies.

This new BM is someone who deliberately joined this forum with the sole purpose of slagging off.

I have read the entire correspondence between this poster and Nam.

The real story is quite different. Nam doesn't want to negotiate on price. Her prices are fixed.

But since her service became known on Trip Advisor, and since Air Asia started to fly increased flights to Utapao, she has been having a huge increase in bookings from Utapao, the large majority Asian customers from Malaysia and Singapore.

She found that, unlike most of her traditional customers, e.g. Farang men like us mongerers, many of her Asian customers try hard to negotiate her price down, and some refuse to accept her unwillingness to do so.

The poster here is one , who, on her quoting a price for a certain service, certain car, would come back saying he accepted the quote, but insert a higher class car, lower price, or longer hours then quoted by Nam to start off with. He did this numerous times.

This to and fro email takes a lot of time, on sometimes low profit margin. Nam spends most of her waking hours online dealing with bookings nowadays, and such petty behaviour can be very annoying.

The first item he talks about was originally a booking for a bigger car, which he accepted but then tried to screw her by inserting the same price for longer hours then her original quote.

Then his group doing the halfday trip ended up being smaller so he wanted a smaller car and her to drop her price again, but still at longer hours then originally quoted for.

In the end, she spat the dummy, told him she was sick and he could ask his hotel reception to get him a car.

This man is a liar, and his 'bad' service in the end was a straight result of him trying to consistently trying to screw her on price.

He posted the same thing on Trip Advisor.

If the Mods want to verify this story, I am happy to give them access to the entire email exchange, but be prepared, there is a lot to read.

I have increasingly advised her to simply say "If you want better price, feel free to find cheaper taxi"

She is starting to do that.

Guys, bottom line is "Her prices are fixed. If you don't like that, feel free to find another provider...."

• Upvote 4

This new BM is someone who deliberately joined this forum with the sole purpose of slagging off.

I've read his comments on tripadvisor as well...... He also wrote a review on his hotel in Pattaya and made a comment about sleazy bars and massage parlours near his hotel..... good job he didn't stay on Soi 6!!!

• Upvote 1

many of her Asian customers try hard to negotiate her price down, and some refuse to accept her unwillingness to do so.

I had a technique when they came into my camera shop. As they asked for lower prices I increased the price. It had the desired affect and they either accepted the posted price or they left, most of my staff used to refuse to serve Indians for this reason, unfortunately having a business in a tourist area meant dealing with them.

• Upvote 1

It is great that she is getting plenty of business. Our praise of her service has probably assisted that, and even though some may even want to jealously guard her business as THE one we want to use, I feel happy that she is doing so well. Well done ikkrang for your strong support of (and for) her.

A pity she used the line of 'being sick' to avoid this customer.

Which may make 'Nam' out as a liar too.

I hope she can simply pick out the time-wasters in time and decline.

Edited by jacko
  • 2 months later...

I've reserved my airport pickup for my September visit. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Looking forward to my first trip back in 2 years.

• 4 weeks later...

Someone have an email for Nams Taxi?

I was going to get the Bell Bus back to Bangkok but it doesnt leave untill 9, and as we have to connect with a driver in Bangkok to get up to Kanchanaburi I want to leave Patts about 7